.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Friday, May 8, 2015

FDA About to Drop the Hammer on Homeopathy? │ Using 'Sesame Street' to Con Kids Into Vaccinations

Even though I did not misbehave last night, it was something like 1:25 a.m. before I was in bed.

Sure, I had to work late on yesterday's post here, and then afterwards got involved with my day's-end E-mail Inbox.

But what screwed me up was playing a game of FreeCell.


The game turned out to be unusually difficult, and took me 1½ hours or more to finally win.  I had to back up the plays over and over.

I well remember the older versions of FreeCell in Windows such as Windows 98 and Windows XP ─ FreeCell only allowed a person to back up his or her move into just one play.  But now, a person can keep backing up the plays that have been made, and thereby retrace all the way back until the very beginning of the game is reached once more.

In some ways, I miss the old FreeCell version, for it was cool seeing how many consecutive games had been won since the last loss.

Now, my version on this Windows 7 computer lists me as having won hundreds and hundreds of games with nary a registered loss as yet.

I suppose that to lose, one would have to quit the game without finishing.  Yet I can recall accidentally doing so (such as in shutting down my computer) without a penalty being registered when next I opened up FreeCell.

There were nights when I have had to leave my computer on (I usually shut down at night) when I went to bed because I had met a game that I just could not work out a win on, and it was just getting far too late into my night.

In truth, I think there was one especially perplexing game that forced me to keep the darned computer on for two nights because I still had not figured out the winning path after a full day of periodic trying.

I wonder if I will ever live to have the supposedly unbeatable game randomly show up to challenge me?  I understand that there is claimed to be one impossible game.

Anyway, yes, I got to bed quite late.

My first break in sleep was in the neighbourhood of 5:00 a.m. ─ very uncharacteristically late into the morning.

And I never rose for the day until after 8:00 a.m.

I have to admit that I was surprised to find that my eldest step-son Tho had gone to work ─ he had been up quite late last evening.

But his younger brother Pote never did get up to attend his Grade XII classes at Queen Elizabeth Secondary.  However, Tho was home half-way through the day ─ he often has a short day on Fridays due to lack of work.  Pote later had him take him somewhere, so I am now wondering if maybe Pote caught one or both of the afternoon periods?

Speaking of Pote, he brought an Asian girl home with him last evening for a couple of hours.  My younger brother Mark had already passed out in front of the T.V., and was utterly oblivious. 

Mark had resumed consciousness by the time Pote was leaving to walk her home in the newly-fallen dark, but Mark never noticed that Pote was not leaving unaccompanied.

I never bothered to point it out to him.

What a sunny day we have had today!

I spent a lot of time this morning working at my Latin Impressions website, doing some changes, and also adding some eBay Partner Network advertisement coding.

Additionally, I laid the groundwork for a new post that I will complete and publish tomorrow.

It was mid-afternoon before I finally set foot out into the backyard to sit in the sunshine in just a pair of shorts.  I accumulated a half-hour facing into the Sun; and then stood for just over 15 minutes with my back towards that glorious Golden Orb. 

ﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫ

The American government and its agencies like the FDA certainly seem to love the major pharmaceutical corporations ─ to the jeopardy of the public, that is.  

The Health Sciences Institute (HSI) offered this report from about three days ago on how homeopathy is under a very immediate threat:

Caught in the crosshairs
Homeopathy is the kind of medical treatment that gives Big Pharma executives nightmares.

It's cheap and easy to find. It has a 200-year track record of delivering results without side effects.

And the doctors who swear by homeopathy? They're not accepting steak dinners and cruises from drug reps.

Now, after years of homeopathy nipping at Big Pharma's heels -- and its margins -- the drug companies and the FDA are getting ready to bite back.

The FDA could be about to unleash new regulations intentionally designed to take homeopathic cures right out of your hands. It's an attack on your health care freedom -- all meant to protect Big Pharma's bottom line.

"Obviously people are alarmed and wondering what the FDA is up to," Jennifer Jacobs, a homeopath and University of Washington professor, said in a recent interview.

Well, there's plenty of reason to be alarmed. But there's no doubt what the FDA is up to.

At the end of April the agency held two days of hearings to discuss "current enforcement policies" on homeopathy. They didn't meet to discuss how the medicines work and whether they can be a safe and effective alternative to dangerous and expensive prescription drugs.

No, these meetings were held to see whether the FDA should dramatically increase the number of regulatory hoops homeopathic medicines should jump through before they end up on store shelves. These meetings are part of a process by which the FDA will decide whether to bankrupt the industry and take away your access to homeopathic medicines.

You see, homeopathic medicines say right on their labels that they can be used to fight colds, allergies, pain, digestion problems -- or whatever else the medicine was designed to do.

And that drives the drug companies crazy. They spend billions getting drugs approved, and they want makers of homeopathic medicines to go through the same process.

It's a requirement many homeopathic remedy makers wouldn't be able to afford -- and you can bet Big Pharma, the FDA, and everyone sitting around the tables at those April meetings know it.

The fact is, drug companies have to go through expensive approvals processes so we can determine whether the benefits outweigh the extensive risks that come with prescription medicines. In fact, the majority of the approvals process focuses on this one issue.

But homeopathic remedies don't carry those same risks -- which is why they're relied upon by millions of people around the world.

The FDA seemed to understand all this when it considered regulatory requirements for homeopathic medicines in 1988. At that time it set specific guidelines -- two of the most important being that a remedy must be non-toxic and that it can be sold OTC -- no prescription required.

That was also when the FDA decided that homeopathic remedies didn't need to go through the same FDA approval process as Rx drugs do to be proven safe and effective.

So why bring this up again? I guess you could say that homeopathy is a victim of its own success.

The FDA says that when it last looked, homeopathy was a "multi-million dollar industry." Now it's grown to be a "multi-billion dollar" one. And of course, we can't have billions taken away from Pfizer and Eli Lilly and all their friends without the feds stepping in now, could we?

At the two-day meetings, the FDA even invited an anti-homeopathy group and a professor who is an outspoken critic of the medicines to speak. You can bet the drug companies are behind the scenes pushing for these new requirements -- and they're pushing hard.

Big Pharma is even lining up its allies in the medical community to spread the same old, tired nonsense about homeopathy. You know, about how the heavily diluted plant and mineral ingredients in homeopathic remedies can't possibly be effective.

They'll call homeopathy everything from quackery to voodoo, but they're frightened by it -- and they should be. Because there's a lot more to homeopathy than the mainstream will ever tell you about.

For example:
  • Four years ago the Swiss government did a comprehensive report on homeopathic medicine and found it so effective that it said the treatments should be paid for by the country's health insurance program.
  • Homeopathy is the leading alternative treatment used by European doctors.
  • Nobel-prize winning doctor Luc Montagnier (who discovered the AIDS virus) conducted his own research that confirmed why those high dilutions in homeopathic medicines are so effective. He said the diluted remedies actually "mimic the original molecules."
  • Studies on the effectiveness of homeopathic remedies have been published in well-respected medical journals over the years such as The Lancet, BMJ, and Pediatrics.
The FDA will be accepting comments about this until June 22, and it's urgent that you add your opinion -- even if homeopathy isn't your cup of tea.

Because when our freedom to choose what type of treatments we select for ourselves and our family is at stake, every voice counts.

Click here to add your comment at the FDA's docket page.
I went to that Web page, but I never left a comment (a person has to click the blue-outlined Comment Now! field near the upper right). 

Although I believe in the merits of homeopathy, I have never had any experience with a homeopathic practitioner that I am aware of.

Nor am I an American.  Whatever the FDA finally rules will not have too much effect upon me, unless the Canadian government decides to follow the same path.

The Health Sciences Institute (HSI) also reported three days ago about another insidious move by the U.S. government and the vaccine-making pharmaceutical corporations that is designed to deceive little children:
Looks like our government can't decide whether it wants to sell vaccines or Happy Meals.

For years they've tried to convince you and your family to roll up your sleeves for a bunch of vaccines you don't need -- for illnesses you'll never get. And now it looks like the feds have stolen a play right out of McDonald's playbook.

They're marketing directly to your kids and grandkids.

Surgeon General Vivek Murthy has teamed up with Elmo from Sesame Street on two new propaganda videos that take the government's pro-vaccine message right to young children.

The intent is clear -- our government wants your kids and grandkids to pester you into getting them every vaccine that Uncle Sam deems necessary.

In the first video, Murthy urges Elmo to get all his vaccinations on time. He even reminds Elmo that "it's just a little pinch -- and it's safe."

Safe indeed. So safe that the government has paid out roughly $3 billion in claims for vaccine injuries and deaths.

Looks like that nugget ended up on the cutting room floor.

In the second video, Murthy explains to Elmo how vaccinations protect you just like a bike helmet. Because, after all, what responsible parent would let their kid ride a bike without a helmet?

Elmo is so taken in by the vaccine propaganda that he agrees to a shot, looks square at the camera and asks, "Why doesn't everybody get a vaccination?"

"That's a good question, Elmo," the surgeon general replies. "That's a good question."

Well, here's a better question. Why is a popular show like Sesame Street allowing itself to be used by the government to sweet-talk kids into questioning their parents' wisdom?

It should be obvious by now that a lot of people aren't going along with the government's agenda of turning children into guinea pigs for every shot under the sun. And "public-service messages" of this sort are deliberately designed to make kids feel that they're somehow unprotected if their parents think the risks of all those shots outweigh the benefits.

In other words, if you want to discuss the pros and cons of vaccinations, let's do it as grown-ups.

And leave the kids -- and Muppets -- out of it.
I'm also disappointed that the people behind Sesame Street are complying with this. 

Health Sciences Institute (HSI) are a member site of NewMarketHealth.com.

ﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫﺫ

I don't want another late sitting in order to finish my post, so I am going to close now with this entry from my journal of 41 years ago when I was 24 years old, and living for the month in a cheap housekeeping room I was renting on an emergency basis in New Westminster.

I was quite unhappy with the room, but was given something of a reprieve when my mother Irene Dorosh and her husband Alex left on a holiday of sorts at the end of the previous week, leaving me their house keys.

They lived out in the Kennedy Heights area of Surrey ─ that is, on 90th Avenue, very near to Scott Road (120th Street).  I was making myself at home at their place instead of trying to adjust to my dour room.
WEDNESDAY, May 8, 1974

Hoping to find the advertised set of dumbbells in New West's Eaton's, I walked to town and deposited some stuff in my room.  Then I went to the library intending to borrow a history book and updating my card's address; I only did the latter.  I had thought to catch Cathy and get a ride home with my weights if I found any, so being about 2:15 +, I hastened to Eaton's.  I couldn't find what I desired.  So next I hurried up to Royal Avenue for my ride.  

I felt very uncertain about this, not wanting to impose on the dear darling; thus I paced slowly along the sidewalk. 
Not having seen her by 3:00 p.m. or so, I went to the Towers in search of the latest Penthouse; failing, I returned to Royal.

While loitering and wondering if I'd missed her, I elected to sit on a bench in Tipperary Park overlooking the light at Royal & Fourth Street.  I was very fatigued.

I held debate whether to return to my room and lust over a Penthouse, or pass out in Queen's Park.  I was sure Cathy was home by now.  I'd practically abandoned hope.

Then I heard a car horn honk.  And looking over to Fourth, there sat smiling Cathy in her Vega!  

Filled with relief, I ran over and joined her.  The doll drove me right to the door.  I owe her so much.

She had paid a bill, so was later, and not yet on Royal.  She said she just today got notice of an $80 raise (monthly).

Bill visited later towards 7:00 p.m.  Cathy phoned shortly after; she was killing time till Nell picked her up for bingo.
It was a fair walk from my mother's home in Surrey to where I lived in New Westminster ─ I think my new address was 333 Pine Street.

The library was and still probably is on Sixth Avenue, not too far from Seventh Street as one proceeds towards Eighth Street.

Apparently I went there first, and then hiked all the way down to Columbia Street to visit Eaton's ─ I think that's where it was.
 
Catherine Jeanette Gunther ─ "Cathy" as I referred to her, but she preferred to be called Jeanette ─ worked at Scott Paper in New Westminster.  She was my younger brother Mark's girlfriend, and they shared a rented home together in Whalley.

I knew that her shift ran to about 3:00 p.m., and that she would likely be heading for the Pattullo Bridge via Royal Avenue.

When I first failed to connect with her, I must have gone to the Royal Towers Hotel at the corner of Royal Avenue & Sixth Street in search of the latest issue of 'girlie magazine' Penthouse, but it was not yet in stock.

In the map below, you can see Tipperary Park where I ended up sitting upon a bench overlooking Royal Avenue:



The bench was at the top of some cement stairs very near to the corner of Fourth Street & Royal Avenue.  I was completely sapped by this time, so I sat there hoping she might notice me as she drove along Royal.

It was so far to walk all the way back to my mother's home out in the Kennedy Heights area of Surrey after all of the walking I had already done ─ I just wanted to lie down and maybe nap.

Since Jeanette had not directly headed for home, she was not yet on Royal Avenue.  

I see by the map that Fourth Street does not any longer pass straight up and down the map between the two parks, Tipperary and Friendship Gardens.  But it did back then.

Jeanette had been coming from the upper part of the map and was at the traffic light at Royal. She must have noticed me sitting over to the side, so she honked at me and fortunately drew my attention ─ such a welcome reprieve!

And the sweetheart drove me all the way to my mother's home.

My old friend William Alan Gill later came to visit me at my mother's place ─ he probably wasn't adjusting to life in his (albeit better) room, either.  Up until the end of April, we had roomed together for many months in an old rented house in New Westminster, but the house was slated for demolition and we each had to find our own new digs.

Dear Jeanette and I often talked by phone ─ sometimes for several hours.  I was quite in love with that peerless young woman.

Anyway, it was my maternal Aunt Nell who was to come and eventually take Jeanette to bingo.
Post a Comment