.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Hand-Sanitizer Warning │ Merck's New and Abominable Gardasil Commercial │ Aloe Vera ─ A Diabetes Treatment?

I was so certain that my wife Jack would make an unannounced appearance late last evening from Vancouver, that I sat up watching T.V. longer than I otherwise would have.

In fact, I started watching the old Western The Ballad of Cable Hogue on TCM (Turner Classic Movies) ─ it was, of course, commercial-free.

I hated to turn it off to get to bed when the evening was approaching midnight, and it had become most unlikely that Jack would be showing up.  I was always a huge Stella Stevens fan, but I tuned out when she was giving smelly Hogue a bath prior to doing what a prostitute is supposed to be doing with a customer.

I had the usual trouble sleeping at the end of my night, and rose just after 7:00 a.m. feeling none too well slept.

Youngest step-son Pote was up, and I wrongfully concluded that he probably would be heading off for work ─ today proved to be a second consecutive day off for him.  I guess he was just up because his girlfriend had spent the night with him, and she probably had to take off for her own day of work.

I wanted to do some further work on the post I began this past Tuesday at my Lawless Spirit website, so I logged into it.  As I generally do first, though, I checked its visitor statistics over the previous 28 days.

As I had said on Tuesday, such a check revealed the website to have had absolutely no visitors on each of June 14, 23, and 24.

Well, the hits keep right on coming ─ I could now add July 6 to that string of 'poor performance.'

Perhaps that is why I did not end up spending the amount of time on the new post as I might have ─ the heart was not in me.  What's the damned profit in wasting my time as I do?

My younger brother Mark is having his 64th birthday this coming Saturday, so I felt that I should get out today and replenish my beer supply at the government liquor store about two miles away at 108th Avenue & King George Boulevard here in Whalley.

I wasn't in need ─ I have at least 2½ dozen cans on hand.  But I might have to keep another obligation tomorrow that would make getting Mark's usual birthday bottle of Scotch a little inconvenient.

By going today, I could really stock up on beer, and also get the Scotch ─ and a mickey of white rum for me.

However, I was not feeling much spunk.  In fact, I had to lie down for awhile before I felt like readying for the four-mile round-trip hike.

It is a very grey day, with occasional light showers.

I never got out of here until 12:52 p.m. ─ a far later start than I care for.

For whatever reason, Pote forced a $20 bill onto me, claiming that he didn't like carrying around cash, and I could just put it towards my beer.

Anyway, I made the trip, stopping off at Carlton Cards in Surrey Place (Central City) where I bought this birthday card for Mark:



The round-trip hike to that liquor store takes me around 1½ hours, and this trip wasn't going to be any different ─ especially since the bottle was 1.14 litres.  From my understanding, that's just over 38½ American fluid ounces.

So two dozen cans of beer, the Scotch, and my mickey of white rum ─ it's a bit of a strain bearing all of that by hand.  I take along a pack and carrying bag, but even after divvying up the load, there is no relief for the hands ─ the only relief is in occasionally switching hands because the handles to the packs are different and each generates its own specific kind of grief on the palms and fingers. 

I didn't think to check the time when I did get back, though, for I was thrown off my game by the sight of my wife Jack's car sitting in the open carport.  Still, it would have been just ahead of 2:30 p.m. if my usual 1½ hours held true.

It turned out that she had needed to keep an 8:30 a.m. medical appointment here in Surrey, so she had decided that she would stop in and do some cooking before returning to Vancouver to work at Mango Thai Restaurant.

She had been at the cooking for quite awhile, for she was nigh done.

It was good to see her in such a good mood.

Had she not come home when she did, then her last opportunity would have been after work late this evening.  Her next opportunity after that would not be until Monday ─ the Pattullo Bridge will be closed all weekend for renewal work as of 8:00 p.m. Friday night.

She could still get home on the weekend by using the Port Mann Bridge, but the damned toll amounts to darned near $11 to cross it twice.  Why pay that?

She left here no later than 2:50 p.m. to return to Vancouver, so I didn't have much of a visit with the busy girl.

One thing more ─ concerning booze.  I noticed that the government liquor store ─ according to its website ─ stocks a 700-litre bottle of Scotch priced at $35,000!

It's something called Dalmore - Constellation 1971 Cask 2.

The next priciest bottle is Dalmore - Constellation 1972 Cask 1 at $33,500.

Imagine being so wealthy that you could afford to have those on hand to break out on special occasions!  

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼


What a useless pile of pricks generally constitute the U.S. Senate ─ this is from OrganicConsumers.org:
Eager to do Monsanto’s bidding, the U.S. Senate yesterday voted 65-32 to limit debate on the Roberts-Stabenow bill, a federal GMO labeling bill that is unenforceable, full of loopholes and exemptions, and allows companies to hide information about GMOs behind QR codes that are inaccessible to at least a third of Americans who don’t own smartphones.

The Senate is expected to hold a final vote tonight to pass the bill, which would send it back to the House (which passed its own version last July), and ultimately to President Obama’s desk to be signed into law.
I'm not even American, and this development pisses me right off ─ absolutely everybody should have an informed choice when it comes to the consumption of GMO products.  We should not have such fare hidden into our diets because we are thought of as not needing to know.

I can barely imagine how any concerned Americans must feel!

Provided that the link works, this is the message that I received today:  Damn the Torpedoes! Full Speed Ahead on GMO Labeling.

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼

The following report discusses the dangers of hand sanitizers:

Talk about locking the barn door after the horse gets out!

Now that using hand sanitizers every day has become as common as brushing our teeth, the FDA has finally decided to find out if they're safe.

And get this -- the agency will especially be investigating if they're dangerous for children and pregnant women to use.

Turns out that those innocent little bottles contain enough alcohol to make moonshine look like water. And that's something that sends thousands of kids to the ER every year.

So before you squirt or foam one of these products on your hands (or especially your kids' or grandkids' hands), there are some important things to know about them.

Six-year old Nhaijah Russell arrived at the emergency room with a
blood-alcohol level of double what would land an adult driver in jail.

All it took was swallowing three squirts of strawberry hand sanitizer that was being used at her school.

And hers is just one of thousands of such cases that have the phones at poison control centers ringing off the hook.

You can smell the alcohol when you use these products, but you probably never thought about how much is in them. And that would be up to 95 percent. Compared to a 12-ounce bottle of Budweiser (which is around 5 percent alcohol), it's like doing shots every time you clean your hands!

That's because aside from the danger these products can pose to kids who swallow them, the alcohol can also be absorbed into our bloodstream. And exactly how much is anyone's guess.

You see, the FDA doesn't really know. That's one of the "data gaps" it's hoping to fill in during the next few years.

Manufacturers of these products will first get six months to comment on the FDA's concerns. Then, they have a year (or more) to submit data proving the products are safe when absorbed into our blood. Oh, and that they actually work.

And if it's discovered that they're not safe, well, that's a whole other can of worms that will take who knows how long to address.

But what we already know about the three main ingredients found in most of these products is something that may make you think twice before using them so frequently and haphazardly.

For example:
  • Ethyl alcohol: It's an irritant to the skin, eyes and lungs when you inhale it, and can also be absorbed through your skin. As I said, the FDA really has no idea how much ends up in our blood after use. Studies have also found that high concentrations can harm a developing baby. 
  • Isopropyl alcohol: This is another chemical that's very irritating to the skin and eyes, as well as being a known neurotoxin. It can also pass through the skin. 
  • Benzalkonium chloride: This chemical is a strong antimicrobial, used in things ranging from birth control to floor cleaners.
As far as the FDA goes, the last time it did any kind of review on these hand sanitizers was around 40 years ago, and it wasn't much of a look, either. The agency explains that away by saying at that time they were primarily used "at events such as lobster dinners."

Apparently, the fact they are now in every purse, office desk, and schoolroom somehow got away from them!

Now, I don't have to tell you that frequent hand washing is one of the best ways to keep from getting sick. But if you have the choice between a bottle of hand sanitizer and good old soap and water, pick that.

Not only will you steer clear of absorbing alcohol and floor cleaner into your blood, but studies have found that it's a much more effective way to get germs off your hands. And regular soap, (not antibacterial), is just fine.
I haven't anything against the use of ethyl alcohol for sanitization purposes ─ it's the alcohol we drink, after all.  But if it is truly effective as an antiseptic in very high concentration, then why also add in those other two chemicals that are hazardous if consumed? 

Interestingly, I found these advertised:


Supposedly the gel for these cartoon-like holders is 62% - 75% ethyl alcohol, and there are 20 different fragrances.

But there is this instruction:  "Keep out of reach of children.

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼

This report is about something that is utterly disgusting ─ I had not yet seen the commercial, but the reference that is given at the end of the report contains this link (Merck TV Spot, 'HPV Vaccination') to the commercial:

It's the most disgusting push ever to force HPV vaccines on millions of kids.

And, trust me, I thought I'd seen them all.

Since the day they hit the market, I've been warning you about the dangers -- including death -- that have been linked to HPV shots like Gardasil.

Now Gardasil maker Merck is rolling out a commercial that will make your skin crawl.

They're not just trying to bully you into agreeing to the shot for your kids and grandkids.

If you refuse, they're practically accusing you of murder.

If it seems like the folks at Merck are getting a little desperate, well, they are.

Gardasil raked in $1.9 billion in sales in 2015 -- but that's only half of what the company was hoping for.

Even with the Feds and the entire mainstream trying to force Gardasil on our kids, only 40 percent of girls and 21 percent of boys have been vaccinated.

Now Merck is trying to change all that with some of the most pathetic fear-mongering I've ever seen.

Their latest commercial asks parents to imagine their children as adults with cancer. That's horrifying enough.

Then, while some grim music plays, the kids ask their parents if they knew there was vaccine that could have saved them.

"Did you know, mom and dad?"

Is that the most bald-faced manipulative propaganda you've ever seen, or what? I mean, kids around the world have died after getting this shot -- now Merck wants you to think you're practically murdering your kids and grandkids if they don't roll up their sleeves?

Where do they get the nerve?

How about we make a commercial that tells the real story behind these HPV vaccines? I'm talking about the story of perfectly healthy kids who became disabled, many unable to go to school or even feed themselves, in the blink of an eye.

And, as I've told you many times before, some even died.

It's a needless tragedy almost beyond comprehension.

But instead of trying to keep our children away from these HPV shots, Big Pharma, the mainstream, and our government are pulling out all the stops to make sure more kids get jabbed.

Merck and GlaxoSmithKline (which makes Cervarix, the other HPV vaccine) are being helped along by federal agencies, especially the CDC. And there's also state-by-state legislation to force it on our kids. Some bills are even written so that children can get these shots without their parents' knowledge!

Currently, Virginia, Rhode Island and the District of Columbia require an HPV vaccine for kids to attend school, with similar laws being proposed in many other states.

Plus, this deadly liaison with Big Pharma goes all the way to the White House. I told you how the President's Cancer Panel devised a plan for "accelerating HPV vaccine uptake," that went right to Obama's desk.

And as far as recognizing the side effects, well, it's as if there were none. The CDC and others downplay, or won't even address things such as dizziness, vertigo, fainting, fatigue, musculoskeletal pain, nerve damage, and others, many of which are long term and incapacitating.

With every passing year we see more and more parents coming forward with stories of how a child's health was ruined by these HPV shots. And accounts of new adverse reactions are still emerging.

Earlier this year I told you about an American College of Pediatricians study that discovered shocking evidence that Gardasil appears to be triggering early menopause and premature ovarian failure in some young girls.

I've got to hand it to Merck. They sure know how to make a scary ad.

The only thing is, their vaccine is a whole lot scarier.
This is so underhanded and false that it is chilling in its diabolicalness.


▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼

I've never  had any involvement with diabetes in my immediate family, so I don't understand the diabetic glucose measurements being cited in the following report: but it does sound like it might be good news for diabetics:

You may think of Aloe vera as just a cooling gel to use if you get a sunburn.

But this cactus-like plant can do a lot more than just soothe skin. It turns out that it may be a diabetic's best friend!

A just-out study from researchers at an Air Force Medical Center in California has proven that this humble plant can do some amazing things when it comes to insulin and blood glucose.

And the best part is that the diabetics who may benefit the most from Aloe vera are the ones who need the most help managing their blood sugar.

If there ever was a Swiss Army Knife of plants, it would be Aloe vera!

I'm sure you've used it on many a kitchen burn, maybe even squeezed some of the gel out of a leaf if you have one growing on your windowsill.

But Aloe vera has quite a long resume in natural healing. It's been used to treat everything from digestive disorders to skin conditions for around 6,000 years.

And it's loaded with essential vitamins, enzymes, minerals and amino acids.

So it doesn't come as a big surprise that one of its many benefits would be its ability to lower blood sugar.

The researchers took data from over 280 participants, looking at fasting blood glucose (FBG), A1c numbers and other types of tests that diagnose both diabetes and "pre- diabetes."

And what they found was that the patients who took Aloe vera capsules were able to lower their FBG by a whopping 46.6 mg/dl. Plus that, they were able to lower that all-important A1c -- which is derived from blood sugar numbers that are averaged out over several months -- by 1.05.

For some patients, that could make the difference between falling into the diabetic range -- or not.

But the best news from this research might be that those who had the highest FBG numbers were helped the most. The researchers found that diabetics with a FBG above 200 were able to drop it by an average of 109.9!

Can you imagine if Big Pharma had created a drug that could get these kids of results -- without all the horrifying side effects?

Along with what we now know about how it can help diabetics, Aloe vera has also been found to:
  • Ease dermatitis, psoriasis and even genital herpes when applied topically.
  • Stop bad breath when mixed as a drink with water or apple juice. An anti-inflammatory compound in the plant called B-sitosterol is thought to calm acid indigestion that is often the cause of bad breath.
  • Be just as effective as (and less abrasive than) commercial brands of toothpaste. The gel from the plant is also known to contain numerous anti-inflammatory compounds that can benefit the gums.
And that's just the short list of the amazing things that have been discovered about this plant!

For use on the skin, there is no shortage of Aloe vera products to choose from. Just make sure to get one with a high amount of the plant (above 90 percent) rather than a smidgen. You can also easily grow an Aloe vera plant at home and break off a leaf when needed.

There are also numerous supplements on the market containing this remarkable natural healer in both capsule and liquid form.

But just remember -- taken in large doses Aloe vera can have a laxative effect.
I found the idea of bushing one's teeth with aloe vera gel to be rather intriguing.  I sometimes use coconut oil, but I've never thought of aloe vera.

A couple of times a few years back, we bought a 567-gram (20-ounce) clear plastic bottle of 100% aloe vera gel at Walmart ─ the brand name was Fruit of the Earth. 

Maybe I'll have to look for some again.

A check online reveals that that particular size may no longer be available ─ the 340-gram (12-ounce) size seems prevalent now:


That website just seems to be talking of it for hair-styling use, but I'm somewhat confused as to how something claiming to be 100% pure aloe vera gel can also have as ingredients "triethanolamine, tocopheryl acetate, carbomer, tetrasodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, diazolidinyl urea."

Maybe I don't want that added chemistry in my mouth?

I think I'll stick with coconut oil.
 
▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼

I am going to close off now with this entry from my journal of 41 years ago when I was 25 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster

The house I was renting in was located on Ninth Street at Third Avenue.

At least a couple of times a week, I would hike out to my mother Irene Dorosh's home ─ hers was my mailing address.  The house is now gone, but it was in the Kennedy Heights area of Surrey:  12106 - 90th Avenue.

From where I lived, that walk to get there would take 1½ hours at a fast pace.

This week, however, my mother was away on a trip to Reno.
MONDAY, July 7, 1975

Obviously, this week-end has seen me with a sleep debt.

The day seems to be mostly sunny, but there are clouds, though these are negligible.

I stopped at Econo Mart on my way to mom's, but they didn't have the boiling chicken I hoped for.  For a fair distance before getting to that store, I followed a pretty, slim young girl in Star jeans; wish I could have something neat like her.

At mom's, I went directly to the cherry tree; what with that stuffing and the snack in the house, I rather overloaded.

Mail was a Plain Truth, a stamp ad, and my Olympic lottery ticket.

Coming home, I waited for a car to proceed on Agnes so I could continue up 1st; it was Cathy (Cathy's friend).  She took me all the way to 8th St & 3rd Ave, a block from home.  Nice of her; it was out of her way.  She is pleasant.

I'm hoping mom is enjoying  her Reno trip.

Toward 4:30 p.m. came some vigorous knocking; I heard my name called out by Samantha; apparently she's hot yet to increase her paper route credit.

I am going to retire about 6:05 p.m., hoping to remain asleep the night; I'm sleepy. 
Econo-Mart supermarkets are now a defunct chain, but one of their outlets was in the Townline shopping centre located at 96th Avenue & Scott Road (120th Street).

I remember Star jeans!  As I recall, they had a big star stitched onto one or both of the back pockets.  I likely had been following the girl since soon after I left the railways tracks for Scott Road at roughly 99th Avenue as seen on this Google map (if the link works for you).

I always took to the railway tracks shortly after crossing over the Pattullo Bridge from New Westminster.

That cherry tree at my mother's home had the Bing-type cherries.  I would have filled up on what I could pick, and then snack on whatever I could find in the house.

I had been a subscriber to The Plain Truth magazine for at least a decade ─ probably longer.

The "stamp ad" would have been an advertisement concerning the latest commemorative stamp release from the Canadian post office.

And the Olympic Lottery ticket was a $10 affair that I think I likely only had a share in.  I didn't make much money, so blowing $10 on a lottery ticket would have been somewhat steep for me.

It was in New Westminster on my return trip to my room that I coincided with "Cathy" on Agnes Street & First Street, as you may be able to discern at this Google map.  She was a friend of my younger brother Mark's girlfriend, Catherine Jeanette Gunther (whom I persistently referred to as "Cathy" when I wrote of her).  

The knocker later that afternoon was young Samantha Smith, the eldest daughter of my older friend, Art Smith.  She might have been 10 or 11 or even 12 years old, and had a Columbian newspaper route. 

It was a darned good little newspaper, but I couldn't afford to be subscribing ─ I would have feigned being absent in order to avoid the conversation.

I wonder how Samantha and her younger sister Angela are doing today?  They were a couple of very dear young ladies.
Post a Comment