.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Stress Exacerbates Cancer Spread: Rehashing Old News

Last night was the third consecutive in which I had my bedtime delayed due to dealing with E-mails that were in my Inbox.  It was 12:05 a.m. by the time I had bedded down.

I had the typical bathroom break overnight, and then fragmented sleep thereafter.

I finally rose at something like 7:38 a.m.

It had been lightly raining.  However, by midday, there were lots of sunny breaks amongst the cloud.

I used the morning to work at completing and publishing the new post I began last Tuesday at my Lawless Spirit website:  Herbal Wisdom Holistic Centre II.


Today is my younger brother Mark's 64th birthday, so I left a birthday card leaning against the bottle of Scotch that I had gotten him.  After he rose and went downstairs to have his morning coffee and read the weekend newspaper, he was to find the card and bottle that were awaiting him.

So just how hammered is he going to allow himself to get later today when he's gone to the bar and hooked up with his girlfriend and drinking pals?

I hope that I don't have to find out ─ provided they get along, he generally spends Saturday nights at his girlfriend Bev's home.

May that be so tonight!

↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔

This report tying in stress with an elevated speed of cancer-spread was published today:

You've heard of killer stress?

That's no exaggeration, my friend. Stress can knock you down, wipe you out, and even cause you to drop dead on the spot if it leads to a coronary.

And that's not the only way it can kill you.

Stunning new research shows how stomach-twisting stress can help tumors grow SIX TIMES faster!

Chronic stress boosts activity in the lymphatic system, the "highway" that lets immune cells rush to where they're needed and chase out nasty toxins.

But when stress enters the picture, the highway opens up and cancer cells not only get to hitch a ride... they get their own express lane, so they can travel all around your body.

That allows the disease to grow and spread faster than ever, according to the new study.

This one was done on mice, but you've got the same kind of lymphatic highway in your body -- and it's a safe bet that cancer cells can cruise through those lanes in your body just as they can in mice.

So you need to get a grip on stress now... even if you don't THINK you have cancer, because there could be one silently forming inside you at this very moment.

It might be a harmless little growth that'll never hurt you.

But if you're battling stress, that benign tumor could turn into a cold-blooded killer.

Next thing you know, stress is the least of your worries.

And if that's not enough to scare the stress out of you, it can also boost your risk of everything a senior fears most: heart attack, stroke, and more. One study last year even found that stress will DOUBLE your risk of cognitive problems!

So how can you slash your stress levels, especially at a time when it seems like the world is crumbling around you?

First, load up on probiotics. That means more fresh-from-the-farm dairy, natural yogurt (not the junk with sugary fruit goo on the bottom), and even a probiotic supplement, because a 2013 study found that these essential bacteria will cut your levels of the stress hormone cortisol in just 30 days.

And second, don't let yourself get so worked up over things beyond your control, especially during the silly season of a presidential election.

You're just not going to convince your sandal-wearing hippy-dippy cousin that Hillary's a crook no matter how hard you try... so just tune him and all his nonsense out, whether he's yapping on Facebook or at the family BBQ this summer.

Let the stress of the election eat him alive -- but don't let it get to you.

Your stress-buster....
That claim of the spread being six times faster has been reported recently in other articles, such as these two:



But has cancer news been unduly quiet of late?

I ask that because I can find no trace of any just-published study about this. 

What I did find were lots of articles from back in March like these:




Those latter reports were referring to a March 1 (2016) published study titled Chronic stress in mice remodels lymph vasculature to promote tumour cell dissemination (doi:10.1038/ncomms10634).

All I can conclude is that Dr. Caroline P. Le ─ one of the researchers ─ must have recently used that specific numerical quantifier (i.e., a "six times" faster spread of cancer) in an interview, and now media is jumping upon data about the earlier study as if it had just been published, and had not already been reported on three months ago.

↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔↔

I am going to close down early today, so here is an entry from my journal of 41 years ago when I was 25 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

The house I was renting in was located on Ninth Street at Third Avenue.
WEDNESDAY, July 9, 1975

Mark is 23 this sunny day which saw me arise at 10:00 a.m. following intermittently broken sleep.

I shall leave for mom's just after 12:45 p.m.

Arriving, I entered the house to snack.  There was no mail for me, but Mark's Olympic ticket from me arrived.  

I next plundered the cherries awhile, then left for home 3:10 p.m. or so. There was some light cloud cover during this trip which saved me some overheating.

Bed about 7:45 p.m.
I was not sleeping in that morning ─ I had not actually gotten home until well after 5:00 a.m., having been at my younger brother Mark's home and drinking with him, his girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther, and my old friend Norman Richard Dearing.

My mother Irene Dorosh lived in the Kennedy Heights area of Surrey, and I would normally hike to visit her at least twice a week because her home was my main mailing address.

The house is now gone, but its address was 12106 - 90th Avenue, and the hike to get there would take about 1½ hours at a good clip from where I lived.

However, this week she was away to Reno, and now this was the third consecutive day in which I had hiked out to the house.

I had mail-ordered an Olympic Lottery ticket for my brother Mark, and it had arrived on precisely his birthday.  However, he would not be receiving it that day ─ it could wait.

The cherries I "plundered" were from a tree in my mother's backyard.

I had done that walk so many times ─ to and fro ─ that it had become most tiresome.

I suppose that if I made the trek just once in the present, there would be some novelty to it.  However, I have grown to hate traffic so much now, the negatives would outweigh whatever might be positive. 

I hated traffic back then, but since when has traffic ever improved over a span of four decades?
Post a Comment