.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Fabulously Entertaining Ventriloquist Nina Conti │ Dangerous Botox

My younger brother Mark spent last night at the home of his girlfriend Bev, so I had the living room to myself last evening as I ate, watched T.V., and enjoyed some drinks.

But did I get to bed before midnight?  It is 2:30 p.m. as I type these words, and I just cannot remember any longer.

Of course, I can't recall exactly when I rose this morning.  All I can say is that it was probably before 8:00 a.m.

My youngest step-son Pote was up, having seen his girlfriend off at some point earlier ─ she had spent the night, just as she does most nights of the week.

And before 9:00 a.m., he was gone ─ off to catch his bus to work at the Guildford sports shop where he's employed.

Mark probably got home around 10:00 a.m., but he left again during the latter noon-hour.  Without a good nap, he's going to be in rough shape by the time he gets back home later today.

I set myself the task this morning to finish the post I've been working on since Wednesday at my Amatsu Okiya website, so it is now published:  Geisha Jika Cinta Dia Lirik II.


That image is of Momo, or more properly Narova Morina Sinaga ─ she's the lovely lead singer of the Indonesian pop group Geisha.

I probably should have done something further with the day, but it is hot and sunny.  I had no inclination to be hiking off anywhere.

Somehow, though, after a good feed of some of the fare my wife Jack had prepared for us late yesterday morning, I was still able to put in just over an hour of sunning on the backyard sundeck while I was wearing just a pair of brief shorts.

That session commenced at 12:37 p.m.

It was definitely hot, and I certainly sweated; but considering the meal I had eaten, I was not in the state of heated discomfort that I probably should have been suffering through.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Have you ever seen a performance by an attractive English ventriloquist by the name of Nina Conti?

I've only ever seen her performing in YouTube videos, but I am quite smitten by the woman.  She has such an endearing way about her as she gets audience 'victims' to come up on stage and wear an exaggerated mask across their lower face which Nina controls the mouth movements of.

The things she says seem so genuinely to be emanating from the mouths of her hapless stage 'volunteers.'  In fact, Nina herself doesn't seem to sometimes believe what she's getting the  participants to say, and she'll break right up in hysterics.

TheReviewsHub.com: Nina Conti

If you have never seen her work, then these four examples should make you a fan!

Nina Conti on Russell Howard's Good News

Nina Conti Live at The Apollo

Nina Conti, Hilarious, Live at The Apollo
Nina Conti - The Big Three Oh! (Ep 3)
I love her!

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

I always wonder why people never research medications and medical procedures before they undergo anything?

Most people seem to think that a physician knows absolutely everything about everything, and gullibly go along with whatever he or she says to them.

For instance, Botox injections. 

Do you think that everyone who undergoes the injections bothered studying up beforehand on just what they are allowing into their bodies?

A recent study has found that the toxin does not necessarily seem to remain at the site where it is injected.  The toxin molecules have been demonstrated to have the ability to travel neuron pathways for unknown distances, potentially doing unknown harm. 

The study published on August 4 is Interneuronal Transfer and Distal Action of Tetanus Toxin and Botulinum Neurotoxins A and D in Central Neurons (doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2016.06.104). 

It's not exactly an easy read, however.

Try instead this report on it:


This April 10, 2015, article at prnewswire.com speaks of some of the lawsuits that have been launched because of the damages Botox treatment has caused:  Botox Death Prompts Lawsuit.

See also this April 15, 2015, article at inquisitr.com concerning the same events:  Parents Sue Makers Of Botox After Daughter With Cerebral Palsy Dies

Mention is made of young Joshua Drake ─ this snippet from an article includes a quote from his mother Lori:
The Drakes eventually found out their son's doctor had not been completely aware of the effects of Botox either, as it had been marketed to the doctor by Allergan as a treatment for pediatric spasticity.

"It's deadly, and people need to know that," Lori Drake said.
How could the doctor likely know?  He doesn't have the time to spend researching the latest drugs and medical procedures and devices ─ he's busy with patients throughout his day, and probably has a family to go to after hours. 

He won't be shutting himself up at home with medical journals.
"Try to get more information," Lori Drake said. "In this case, it probably would not have changed anything because the physician only knew what Allergan taught them."
Precisely!

And that goes for just about any medication.
 
Those quotes were from a November 22, 2014, article at burlingtonfreepress.com that contains a seven-minute interview with Joshua Drakes' parents:  NY couple: Son almost died from Botox treatment.   

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

I returned to a few exercise breaks today after skipping them the previous two days ─ my wife Jack's presence much of yesterday put me off my routine; and the day before that, I was too depleted from my hot, sunny, four-mile round-trip hike to purchase and bear home two dozen cans of beer.

I am going to close today's post now with this entry from my journal of 41 years ago when I was 25 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

The house I was renting in was located on Ninth Street at Third Avenue.

The previous day, I had made a long trek to visit my father Hector off in Burnaby; and now this day was to see me visit my mother Irene Dorosh out in the Kennedy Heights area of Surrey

That little house no longer exists, but it was my mailing address:  12106 - 90th Avenue.  To hike to it from my room in New Westminster took about 1½ hours of rather fast walking.
THURSDAY, August 14, 1975

I awoke about 6:10 a.m., dreaming of Mark & Cathy squabbling; he allowed a cat to enter their dish cupboard, and in her hysteria to frighten it off, a cup handle was broken; then she curtly and smugly accused Mark of a fault or two she exercises, but which no longer sticks freshly in my mind.

Hiking to mom's, I spent 1½ hours sunning at my trackside spot; and after eating lunch with her, I got in another 1½ hours.

Mom said yesterday Mark & crew came over; everyone's day became upset when he thrashed Michelle for sticking out her tongue at him when told to go back out.

My only piece of mail was a cheque for $2.29 (or $2.49 credit) from Treasure Chest for the flashlight I long ago ordered; it is unavailable.

Coming home with rather stinging legs, I bought 2 money orders, mainly due to mom's pressuring:  one for $4 to get us each a Lucky Leo Lottery ticket; the other for $1.35 to get a sampler of 10 famous perfume imitations from T.P Products in Toronto.

Just as I was into some leg raises, at about 7:50 p.m. Art came knocking.

I shall be in bed before 9:00 p.m.
The dream featured my younger brother Mark and his beautiful girlfriend of the time, Catherine Jeanette Gunther. 

My hike to get to my mother's home involved ─ very soon after crossing the Pattullo Bridge into Surrey ─ departing from Scott Road (120th Street) and taking to what were then the B.C. Hydro Railway tracks. 

Just a short distance up those tracks ─ perhaps midway to Old Yale Road ─ I had begun sunning myself in a field to the left of the tracks.  The field had enough shrubbery about that I was able to pretty much be hidden from anyone passing by along the tracks.

That whole area now is likely cleared and wide open, but I haven't been along it in many, many years.

I must have then sunned in my mother's backyard later.

"Mark & crew" would have been Mark, Jeanette, and her two little girls.  Michelle was the eldest of the pair.

Mark was ridiculously strict as a disciplinarian, and I still cannot understand it.  To this day, he still resents our own father for physical punishment Mark experienced when Mark was a youth.

It would seem that my legs were somewhat burned from the sunning I had been doing ─ this was the consecutive day of it.

I would be surprised if either of the companies "Treasure Chest" and "T.P. Products" still existed, but the Lucky Leo Lottery still comes around at least once a year, I think.

Anyway, after getting back to my room in New Westminster, it was Art Smith who tried to visit me in the evening when I was exercising. 

Although we were quite close, I knew that he only wanted to haul me back to his home to spend the evening drinking with him ─ that was all he ever seemed to want of me.

He was in his early 40s, and was married and had three kids. 

It was always a late night anytime he dragged me off, so I would usually just feign being away if he came knocking.  I didn't want to be burned out and hung over the next day at his whim.

Nevertheless, I regret not keeping in touch with him when I was to finally move out of New Westminster later in the 1970s after having lived there since at least as far back as 1969, if not even 1968.

I liked him and his younger brother Gerald (Judd) ─ they really were good drinking companions.

Art's kids were pretty cool, too ─ I was especially fond of his affectionate middle child, pretty little Angela (Dee Dee).  I would have loved to have known how she was doing throughout her life.

But some turbulent years were ahead for me.
Post a Comment