.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Combined Curcumin and (Milk Thistle Extract) Silymarin Found to Destroy Colon Cancer Cells │ The Deadly Benzodiazepine and Opioid Combination

My wife Jack had paid a visit home late last afternoon, and she had come to cook ─ and to spend the night.

It was all pleasant enough ─ I was even able to handle sitting up later than I normally would have.  I recall that once I realized she had gone to bed, I was in bed myself no later than 1:07 a.m.

It is not often that she retires as early as that.

Apart from one or maybe two bathroom breaks, I managed to stay in bed until at least 8:30 a.m.  Jack never got up for the day until maybe 11:40 a.m.

I was glad of that ─ she needs her sleep, and she even looked quite rested.

It had also given me lots of time to set up the foundation of a new post at my Siam-Longings website ─ I will be working on compiling content for it over the next few days.

Jack's youngest son Pote had to work this afternoon, so his mother drove him; and at 2:27 p.m. I am still awaiting her return.  She intends to do more cooking.

Right after Jack had gotten up, I went outside to gain some benefit from the largely sunny day, and from 11:48 a.m. I spent just over 20 minutes in the backyard seated in a chair and facing into the Sun.

I was fully clothed.  Had Jack not been here and I then had the time to have spent the 40 minutes I like to get in, I would have been in cut-offs, barefooted, and shirtless.

But it's getting more Fall-like ─ it's cooler now.  There will not be many more sunning opportunities.

╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘

I wish to post the following photo ─ the description beneath it is from the Google album where I have the scanned image stored:

I suspect that this photo is from 1974 or 1975 and was taken in Calgary, Alberta.

I can only positively identify two people in the photo ─ my maternal cousin Cindy Halverson in the floral dress seated by the wall; and my maternal cousin Jock (John) Halverson in the chair.

Cindy and Jock were also cousins, but doubly so ─ their mothers were sisters, and their fathers were brothers.

I believe that the occasion for this photo was the wedding of another maternal cousin of ours, Gail Hyatt.

I never attended, but my younger brother Mark and his girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther did.  It was one of them who took this photo.
╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘

Researchers have learned that curcumin and a milk thistle extract called silymarin can together destroy colon cancer cells.

I see at Wikipedia that milk thistle is also known as Scotch thistle ─ that's the name I have been familiar with since I was a teen.  I have only now realized this upon seeing the photo in that article.

It's unfortunate that the study was only done on cells in a laboratory, for we can't know how much a person would need to take in order to try and get similar benefits.

After all, how many of us might have a colon tumour that we are entirely unaware of?

Curcumin and silymarin are already available in supplement form, and are not expensive.

I would certainly find them preferable to chemotherapy if I had colon cancer.

Here are two reports on that study so you can read about it for yourself:


CTV News

Even the study authors see greater benefit from these plant chemicals than from conventional therapies:
Phytochemicals showing synergistic activity may be more advantageous than traditional chemotherapy. Even though chemotherapy eliminates tumor cells, it leads to several side effects. In addition, both chemo- and radio-therapy have been shown to cause epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) that subsequently resulted in metastasis of the tumor. Phytochemicals offer alternate therapeutic approaches to cancer treatments and avoid toxic states and side effects manifested by chemotherapeutic agents.
If it is true that "curcumin and silymarin concentrations that are too high could be harmful" as that second reference states, then just where does that danger zone lie?

Anyone already taking chemotherapy medication would be most unwise to be taking these supplements as well, for they would likely dangerously increase the impact of the chemotherapy medication.

Also, curcumin reportedly has blood thinning qualities, so anyone taking that sort of medication is also cautioned.

🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌🐌

I take no prescriptions nor medications at the age of 66, but many people take numerous kinds.

America's FDA is sounding a warning about the extreme dangers of combining benzodiazepines for things like depression or anxiety, and opioids for physical pain relief.

I read one description of the combinations as being similar in effect to the drugs used to execute killers.
“They act like a dimmer switch on the central nervous system,” said Rear Admiral Susan Blumenthal, former U.S. assistant surgeon general and an expert on women’s health issues. “When taken in combination, a person’s breathing and heart will slow down, and can ultimately stop. People can go to sleep and never wake up.”
The Washington Post published two related articles on this threat ─ both were put online on August 31:



The second report gets deeply into the human element, profiling some of the women hopelessly addicted to the two form of medications.

The lead profile is of a woman ─ Karen Franklin ─ who started on Vicodin 17 years ago:
At the time, she had her own home and managed a grocery store. But the side effects of long-term opioid use soon set in. Mounting anxiety. Sleeplessness. Depression. With each new problem, doctors sent her home with more pills.

Now she lives with her 88-year-old father and spends her days shuffling between the TV, a refrigerator stocked with chocolate Ensure and the bathroom, which relatives call her sanctuary. Armed with a Bible and a carton of Marlboros, she prays for God’s protection, cracking the bathroom window to let the cigarette smoke drift into the back yard.

Lately, Franklin has been blacking out. Her sister found her facedown in a plate of food, and she started using a walker after losing consciousness on her way to the mailbox.

“What is happening right now is a slow suicide,” said her friend Ellen Eggert, a supervisor for the Kern County Mental Health Department. But Franklin is resisting Eggert’s appeals to seek help for her addictions.

“I know it’s not good for me,” Franklin said. “But I would rather say my prayers and take my medication.” 
No one should get started on these things.  They are creating their own need by exacerbating emotional and physical symptoms that require more and more medication, making it vitually impossible to stop.

It is criminal that physicians so freely prescribe the drugs.    

╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘

My wife Jack came back around 3:15 p.m. and set to the cooking she had planned.

Earlier, she had cleaned up the upstairs bathroom ─ I never checked to see if she did the same with the toilet in her sons' den area.

And by 4:30 p.m., she was on her way back to Vancouver, projecting that she mightn't be back here until next Monday.

Which reminds me ─ the $1,600 monthly mortgage may well get debited from our chequing account tomorrow, so I had better finish up here and do some financial juggling to ensure there are sufficient assets therein to cover the debit.

I am ready to close now with this brief 41-year-old journal entry from back when I was 25 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster

I was renting the room in a house located on Ninth Street at Third Avenue. 

I did not make it to bed the night before until about 3:30 a.m.
SATURDAY, September 20, 1975

I tried to sleep as long as possible, finally arising about 10:10 a.m.

I forwent a shower, being neat. 

I broke my fast on pancakes.

At 2:10 p.m. I lied down for some sleep, and got myself up at 5:00 p.m., tho the final hour wasn't pure sleep.

My day was quiet.  I suppose outside it was sunny.

Anyway, bedtime at 10:30 p.m.
My day was indeed quiet ─ in fact, absolutely insular.  I had no telephone, so clearly I spoke not a word to a soul that day.

And I never even had a look at the day outside ─ I kept my only window covered up with blanketing because I did not want anyone who came by to know if I was home or not.  

The few people whom I didn't mind visiting realized that I was unlikely to answer the door, so they either used a special knock, and/or they would call out to me.

Thus, I spent the entire day in my room, never looked out a window, and never exchanged a word with anyone.

I often wonder how I have gotten this far in life....
Post a Comment