.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Thursday, September 1, 2016

✹ Iniquity │ The Ills of Fluoridation

The wickedness of it all.

It was around 2:45 a.m. before I made it to bed last night, so engrossed was I in the sordid.  It had begun raining outside.

Prayers go unheard as if meaningless.

I keep arriving at the conclusion that it has been mere coincidence that I have survived to exceed 66 years.

I found myself awake before 7:00 a.m. this morning, but that was ridiculously early.  Alas, further effort at sleep only stayed me until a 7:50 a.m. time-check, so I opted to rise and attempt to do something with myself and the day.

It started off unexpectedly sunny, but that was to change and clouds eventually covered the sky.

My youngest step-son Pote was up and alone ─ his girlfriend must have left early for work.

As it developed, he was to start his shift today early in the afternoon.  And my wife Jack showed up well in time to drive him.

She had come to Surrey from wherever she stays in Vancouver, expecting to get a considerable discount on a Samsung front-loading washing machine that she bought around 10 days ago for $800.

According to Jack at the time, the Best Buy saleswoman had told her that if she came back today with the receipt, she would be entitled to a 30% discount.

Pote and his girlfriend were present at the time of the sale, and he seems to back this up.

Well, when Jack went to the store earlier today, all she was offered were $30.

I guess she became very heated, and the saleswoman's supervisor insisted that Jack must have misunderstood.

But Jack claims that the saleswoman had expressed the 30% several times, and she had even said that the discount might be as much as 40%.

It was the big reason that she bought that specific machine.

The supervisor realized that the argument was going nowhere, and only upsetting Jack, so he upped the refund to $50.

And when Jack was still little mollified, he said that if she wanted, she could arrange to have the machine picked up and she would get a full refund.

But Jack figured that doing this would not be without cost ─ they would likely charge for the pick-up, and maybe add on a charge for the original delivery.

So she gave up arguing and came on home.

After Jack returned from taking Pote to work, she said that he was upset about the whole matter because the 30% discount was what he had heard, too.

Anyway, Jack got busy with some cooking.

And then around 2:15 p.m., she was gone, declaring that she would probably next be home on Saturday.

My isolation continues.

Anyway, I had earlier spent some of my morning getting started on a new post at my Latin Impressions website.  The post is somewhat different from anything I have worked on there to date, so possibly it will generate some interest.

After I knocked off, it was apparent that I required a little further bed-rest if I was going to keep up with the usual mini-sessions of exercising I engage on those days when I remain home.

And so I returned to bed for maybe an hour.

It was surprisingly effective.

σσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσ

I want to post the following photo that belonged to my mother ─ the description beneath the photo is from the Google album where I have the scanned image stored:

The couple at the left are Alex and Irene Dorosh ─ Irene is my mother.

I cannot identify the other couple ─ I will have to forward the image to my older maternal half-sister Phyllis, for she got to know far more of my mother's friends than I ever bothered to even meet.

I would guess that the photo was taken in the decade of the 1990s.

They had gone to attend a wedding, for I came across other photos involving this Chapel of the Roses ─ wherever it might be.

My suspicion is that this location is most likely within Nevada.
σσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσ

America's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has a page on its website titled My Water's Fluoride.  It contains a map of the U.S., and allows people to select most states to learn if the drinking water in their area is subject to fluoridation.

Some states do not participate in this sharing of information, and I see that the U.S. state nearest to me ─ Washington State ─ is one which does not.

It baffles me that so many politicians and health authorities still believe that adding fluoride to drinking water is a good thing, and somehow reduces cavities.

Apparently the list of harms fluoride is charged with causing may now include type 2 diabetes:



It irritates me to read claims like the opening statement in that last reference:  "Water fluoridation prevents dental cavities...."

The following superb May 21 article contains a 20-minute video that should make a lot of people reflect concerning water fluoridation:


I am running out of time today, so I have to take leave of this topic.
 
I just want to express my ongoing wonder on why the U.S. persists in causing its population so many perils to their health.

σσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσ

Okay ─ time now to close off with an entry from my journal of 41 years ago when I was 25 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

The room I was renting was in a house situated on Ninth Street at Third Avenue. 
MONDAY, September 1, 1975

I arose this Labour Day about 6:50 a.m.

I left here about 9:30 a.m., payment of my rent ensuing, then I walked over to dad's bringing with me a stewing chicken.

I departed from there almost 4:15 p.m., after the Winnipeg/Saskatchewan football game.  I was very sleepy by then.

The day has been mostly cloudy, with some sunny periods.

I am retiring at 7:40 p.m.
Well, that wasn't much of an entry.

My father Hector and his girlfriend Maria Fadden must have been sober, or I likely would have said otherwise.

The fact that they had a CFL game tuned in strongly suggests that they were sober.

The two of them lived in an apartment at a complex that I think may have been 5870 Sunset Street in Burnaby.  Walker that I was, I would walk there and then back to my room afterwards.

I should be doing more of that today, but my computer keeps me tied down in the thus far vain and desperate hope that I will somehow break into a second income online to augment my insufficient pension.

My AdSense account accumulated all of 3¢ yesterday; and when I checked the balance for today just prior to commencing this post, a nickle had been amassed at that point.

This was emphatically not what I had in mind as a second income when I started getting busy online over six years ago.
Post a Comment