.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Interesting Turmeric Study │ Not All Coconut Oils Are Healthy │ Study Finds Amalgam Fillings Increase Blood Mercury Levels

I may have gotten to bed last night on the wrong side of midnight.

I didn't sleep well.  I think my first break in sleep that saw me visit the bathroom was before 3:00 a.m., and then again just after 5:00 a.m.

It was 7:10 a.m. when I checked the time and decided to get up for the day, but it took me about three minutes to actually do it ─ I just did not feel all that well.

I don't think we had any rain overnight, and there have been some sunny breaks today.

Anyway, when I came downstairs this morning to make my morning's hot beverage, my youngest step-son Pote was up, and his older brother Tho's car was parked where my younger brother Mark usually parks.

I had no idea if Tho had gone to work or not.

While I was busy working on a new post at one of my websites later in the morning, Pote headed out the front door around 10:40 a.m. and took off in his brother's car.  I believe that he went to work.

Tho was ultimately to show up just ahead of 2:00 p.m.  He had gone to work, after all.  But did Pote drive him in the morning and get to use the car thereafter?

I still don't know.  But at least Tho is observing his licence suspension.  About 10 days ago, he was caught driving while under suspension, and has a court date in his future because of the trangression.

Just before I started this post, I E-mailed him the following link at 2.gov.bc.caWhat Happens if Caught Driving While Prohibited or Suspended.  He needs to fully understand just how dire things are, and how much worse they will be if he is caught driving under suspension a second time.

By the way, somehow my AdSense account accumulated 52¢ yesterday!  Today's balance thus far is the too-typical 1¢.

Before I leave this section about my day, I wish to post the following photo ─ the description beneath it is from the Google album where I have the scanned image saved:

My mother Irene Dorosh apparently feeding some pigeons somewhere.

I do not recognize the location, and can only guess that the photo may have been taken during the decade of the 1980s.
«««««««««««««««««««««

A recent study has found that turmeric ─ the spice containing curcumin ─  only seems to benefit people who ingest it with food.  Taken as a supplement by itself, it has no health effect.

Apparently curcumin needs to bind itself to fats before we are able to absorb it.

The most dramatic effect the curcumin seemed to have was on a gene known as SLC6A15 ─ the gene is known to be involved in the development of depression and anxiety, asthma and eczema, and cancer.

And all the study participants had to do was take a mere teaspoon of turmeric each day for six weeks.

You can read one account of the study here:


I don't always use turmeric as a daily habit, but maybe I will try to start.  It is my hope that the curcumin only needs to be taken with fat, and not actually cooked with fat.

I often just pour the powder into a dish of something that has already been cooked.  And other times, I mix it in with a blend of butter, peanut butter, coconut oil, and tahini.  I find that I can eat this blend from a bowl along with a chunk of sliced-up ginger root, a few sliced-up garlic cloves, and some small chunks of a piece of aged cheddar cheese.

I have even added some fresh-ground flax seeds. 

I don't just spoon it all down as is ─ I usually take it along with a bite each of a couple of green onions, and a stalk of kale.

If felt like, I might also have a banana, and take a small bite of some of that each time, too.

Due to the amount of fatty components, this as a small meal actually staves off hunger for hours.

I'm not recommending anyone to try this ─ it is just something I devised which I may uniquely find palatable, and which no one else might.

Another BBC report on that same study was more reserved concerning the effects on that aforementioned SLC6A15 gene:

BBC.co.uk
It’s too early to tell whether the impact is a positive or negative one – but given that turmeric has been associated with improving these conditions, it is likely that these changes are beneficial.
I also prefer to believe that the impact is a positive one ─ why on Earth would it be otherwise?

If the topic interests you, then you might enjoy an article at gettinghealthier.com titled How Turmeric Can Help Fight Cancer.

🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨

Not a week ago, I read something to the effect that dietary coconut oil should be extra virgin.  But I only ever see virgin coconut oil in my supermarkets.

Perhaps virgin coconut oil may be safe, but I just do not know.

This questioning all came about as a result of a recent study on mice that found intestinal tumours and polyps had developed in mice that were fed corn oil and coconut oil, but not when they were fed olive oil.

UPI.com


I realize that corn oil is something to be avoided ─ especially since so much corn is now a GMO product.

But we don't know what type of coconut oil was fed to the mice ─ maybe it was some cheap low-grade product, such as hydrogenated coconut oil.

Anyway, it is something that I am going to be keeping in mind.

By the way, I have just done some research and see that there is no such thing as extra virgin coconut oil, so my conscience is considerably eased.

If you want to read that for yourself, try the article at livestrong.com titled What Is the Difference Between Virgin & Extra Virgin Coconut Oil?; and another article at coconutoil.com titled What Type of Coconut Oil is Best? How to Choose a Coconut Oil.

My suspicion is that the coconut oil used in the study was some form of unhealthy refined coconut oil.  I wonder why researchers do not feel any necessity in clarifying just what quality of oils they use in such a study?  It makes all the bloody difference in the world.

🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨🐨

I just recently discussed this topic, but I think it is essential as many people as possible learn about it.

A recent study has found that those so-called 'silver' amalgam fillings indeed appear to leach the most toxic form of mercury into the human body:



No one should be accepting this type of dental filling any longer, and no dentist should be promoting the toxic alloy.

«««««««««««««««««««««

Tho mentioned that he was home as early as he was this afternoon because of shortage of work at the mattress manufacturer he works for.  He has been getting released around midday this week.

That sunshine I mentioned manifesting itself today?  Well, we've been having a light rain over the latter afternoon.  

I am going to close now with a 41-year-old entry from my journal, back when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

The house I was renting the small unit in was located on Ninth Street at Third Avenue ─ and the house probably still is.

On schedule for this day was a hike out to my mother Irene Dorosh's home in the Kennedy Heights area of Surrey.  Although the little house no longer exists, its address was 12106 - 90th Avenue ─ it was my main mailing address.

To hike directly there would take about 1½ hours of fast walking.  But of late, I was taking a much extended route.  I would follow the King George Highway all the way out to Newton; and then turning right onto 72nd Avenue, I would go a short distance until I came to the B.C. Hydro Railway tracks (now the Southern Railway of British Columbia tracks).

I would turn right onto them, and then follow them until I could access the Surrey terminus of 90th Avenue at Holt Road, very near to Scott Road (120th Street).  My mother's home was a half-dozen or so houses down 90th Avenue on the right-hand side of the road.

My trip back to my room would be the shorter direct route.

The previous evening, I had gone to bed ahead of 7:00 p.m. 
SUNDAY, October 19, 1975

I had a period of wakefulness last night around 12:30 a.m., but otherwise didn't fully come to my senses till arisal at 6:30 a.m.

I am going to hike to mom's via Newton, leaving about 9:40 a.m.

Toward Newton a truck that pulled into a motel behind me gave a toot; I looked back soon after, and some character was gesturing and so forth seemingly my way; I turned my attention away.

Mom & Alex were both home; she said Mark did go hunting.

My mail was Good News, a Vitamin Sales catalog, and my solar blanket, an item I don't expect will endure much use.

Mom suggested I remain for supper, but I did not.

Some idiot on the highway called out something at me as I walked in front of Kennedy Park.

And in town, an old guy looking for a cheap, decent place to stay accosted my ears on the corner of 3rd Ave. & 6th St.

The afternoon held some sunny periods this cloudy day.

Bill came over after 5:30 p.m. and at 6:00 p.m. we went to his place, watching TV till 9:00 p.m.

Bed for me about 9:15 p.m.
Alex was my mother's husband.

Did the guy in the truck near Newton know me?  I just assumed he mistakenly thought he did ─ I wasn't very social, and didn't have time for nonsense, so I just continued on my way. 

I may still have that solar blanket ─ I don't think I ever took it out of its pouch.  Or maybe I since acquired another one.

My old friend William Alan Gill also lived in New Westminster ─ he had a bachelor suite very close by.  And I suppose it would have needed to be if I was in bed 15 minutes after we finished watching T.V. at his suite.

I sure do envy my ability to walk the distances that I used to undertake.
Post a Comment