.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Monday, October 3, 2016

Protest the Merger of Bayer and Monsanto │ Vitamin D and the Health of Our Telomeres │ Pathogens in Our Water Pipes

It was looking as if I would make it to bed right around 11:00 p.m. last night.

And then my youngest step-son Pote commandeered the bathroom ─ he and his older brother Tho have a supernatural knack for usurping the bathroom just before I am about to call it a night.

Because I have been drinking over the evening, I am unable to go to bed without first emptying my bladder; and thus I have to sit up for whichever twit is in the bathroom to finish up and exit it.

Even something as simple as a bowel movement seems to take either of them as much as a half-hour.

I was unable to use the downstairs bathroom in the boys' den area because Pote's girlfriend was there ─ she was going to spend the night with Pote.

The inconvenience seemed to have an exceptional impact on me, and I found myself growing most angry, and even muttering curses.

The imposition was all that it took to derail me.

Sure, I eventually got to use the toilet, but I had ended up in dissolute pursuance here at my computer until I finally tore myself away ─ it was 3:06 a.m. when I was at last in bed, quite sick of myself.

My feet are far too ready to run to evil ─ figuratively speaking, of course, for I was ensconced upon my butt the entire time I was waywardly engaged.

Somehow, I must get delivered from this corrupting environment.

Instead, I need uplifting...purpose...a feeling of ongoing fulfillment.

None of these have I.

It was after 6:00 a.m. when I had sufficient break in sleep to wonder on the time.  I availed myself of the bathroom, and returned to bed.

And it was shortly after 8:00 a.m. that I realized I had best get my day commenced, rough though I did feel.

I had hoped I might get out this morning for some local shopping, but it was not going to happen ─ I felt too physically and spiritedly low.

I found Pote up when I came downstairs to make my morning's hot beverage; his girlfriend had left much earlier, and probably had to work.

I kept hoping that he was going to go to work today at some point, too; but it it 3:03 p.m. as of this moment, and he has been home all the while.

There may have been a little rain overnight, and clouds have ruled the day ─ although at least once I did see some sunshine out there.

I wish that I could feel more thankful than I ever do.  I had a rare taste of it last evening after I had helped myself to some of my own cooking ─ in the stove's oven, I cooked up a mess of chicken thighs, sliced-up potatoes. a finely sliced-up onion, quite a number of garlic cloves, and various spices including Himalayan salt and lots of turmeric.

I had the whole concoction in a covered roasting pan.

When I helped myself to a hearty serving at 8:00 p.m., it was so deliciously satisfying that I expressed my gratitude to God ─ and the poor creatures whose three thighs I was enjoying.

How I could have progressed from that wholesome frame of mind to the state that gripped me after I was done with T.V. for the evening is bewildering.

But my step-sons can be the most negative triggers, unfortunately.

╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚

I used to be a strong Robert Conrad fan because of how much I loved the T.V. series The Wild, Wild West.

I clipped the following three images out of either a movie/T.V. stars magazines, or else some TV Guide, back in the late 1960s or early 1970s:




That's all ─ I just wanted to post them!

╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚

If you have not heard as yet, Bayer and Monsanto just may become one enormous corporate entity, and this is the most terrible news for our planet.

EcoWatch

If you check out this additional report on why we most definitely do not want these two corporations to merge, there is a link to a petition at the bottom of the report ─ I sure as heck signed it:


You aren't asked to offer any comments of your own at the petition ─ it's just collecting full names, zip/postal codes, and E-mail addresses.

I absolutely despise Monsanto.

🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜

Yesterday I said that I was going to uptake my vitamin D3 supplementation from 2,000 I.U.s daily to 4,000 I.U.s each day, now that I likely will not be able to get any more sunny days allowing me to sit out in the backyard in just a pair of cut-offs.

Now I am almost wondering if maybe I should increase the dose to 10,000 I.U.s.

I will link to why in a little ─ first, I want to quote two portions of the abstract of a study called Effect of Vitamin D3 Supplementation on Telomerase Activity in Hispanics with Type 2 Diabetes.
Significance Low levels of telomerase activity create short telomeres, which in turn signal exit from the cell cycle, cell senescence and apoptosis. Low telomerase activity and short telomere length are linked to type 2 diabetes and mortality. Hispanics are shown to have shorter telomere lengths as compared to Whites. Hispanics are also at high risk for type 2 diabetes and vitamin D deficiency.
And:
Conclusion Vitamin D3 supplementation at 4000 IU/day significantly increased telomerase activity in Hispanics with type 2 diabetes. Vitamin D3 supplementation may prevent/delay disease progression in type 2 diabetes through telomerase re-activation and maintenance of DNA. Larger randomized controlled trials are needed to confirm these results in this and other racial/ethnic groups.  
So, why 10,000 I.U.s a day, then?

It was the recommendation at the end of this excellent article at DrMicozzi.comNew, must-see research on increasing your lifespan.

🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜

Are pathogens colonizing the pipes of our water supplies as biofilm?

Opportunistic premise plumbing pathogens, such as the bacteria that causes Legionnaire's disease, Legionella pneumophila, can thrive in low-nutrient conditions and grow as biofilms on the inner surfaces of pipes. Biofilms allow these pathogens to resist disinfectants and environmental stressors, and aid in the spread of antibiotic resistance and virulent genes. As water distribution systems age, their susceptibility to contamination increases. However, few large-scale studies have examined the economic and public health burden of these bacteria.

...The team focused on hospitalizations related to three opportunistic premise plumbing pathogens: Legionella pneumophila, Mycobacterium avium, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, which can cause a range of serious respiratory, systemic, or localized infections, particularly in vulnerable populations such as the elderly or immunocompromised individuals.
I quoted that from here:


And here are a couple of similar reports on the study findings:

HEALTHCARE FINANCE

Plumbing Engineer

I reckon that for anyone who can afford it, a reverse osmosis water filter inserted where one's water supply enters the home (if a person is fortunate to be living in one) may soon seem essential, if it does not already.  

╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚╚

My wife Jack has come home, so I must close off now with a 41-year-old entry from my journal, back when I was 25 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

I was renting the small unit in a house located on Ninth Street at Third Avenue.

I only worked one day a week ─ generally Friday ─ at a New Westminster charitable organization called S.A.N.E. (Self Aid Never Ends) that is today known as Fraserside Community Services Society.

Back then, they were housed in a building that used to be located on Carnarvon Street right about where the New Westminster SkyTrain Station now empties out onto that street.

My role was that of swamper on S.A.N.E.'s blue pick-up truck.
FRIDAY, September 3, 1975

I got up at 4:50 a.m., but sure didn't feel like it, finding myself with a languorous, disjointed sensation.

I have a number of letters to mail on my way to S.A.N.E. this morning:  one to Ron which I typed up last night, one for a $3 Western ticket, one for an Olympic ticket, a $5 tithe, an order for 1976 Olympic water sports stamps, and an order for Robert E. Howard's A Witch Shall Be Born ($12).

I don't believe today will be as warm as yesterday; I heard it raining around 3:00 a.m.

First off today Bill & I were confronted with moving Myrna, and got 2 slow loads finished before breaking for lunch; Esther dropped me off at 9th St & 3rd Ave.

I am now writing this near 3:00 a.m.; much took place today, and I haven't the patience to detail, so:  Bill & I had Gordie & a Bob lending us a hand, and we worked after moving Myrna's remainder, doing a move involving a run way out to the Richmond airport nearly; Melodie even joined us; Art was supposed to aid, but when we checked on him in person, he told me to excuse him with the babysitter routine, and he asked me to visit after I finished; a 26 oz bottle of rye was bought after a purchase at McDonald's (Esther bought Bill & I a 30¢  hamburger apiece); anyway, the gist of this whole mess, and a windy & rainy day some of it was, was that I was dropped off and got home at 2:42 a.m. after our 4th load to Richmond, our finishing touch.

Obviously I skipped Art.

Bed for me at 3:00 a.m.
Now that was a long work day!

The letter I had typed up the evening before was to Ron Bain, a U.S. pen-pal I had.  I was mailing it, long with orders for a Western Lottery ticket and an Olympic Lottery ticket; a $5 tithe to the Worldwide Church of God; and a pane of Olympic commemorative stamps from the Canadian Post Office.

My co-swamper was an older fellow named Bill Sevenko; our driver was Esther St. Jean, a very dear woman in her early 40s.

"Myrna" was also a part-timer at S.A.N.E.  I am supposing now that it was a slow move where she was concerned because she likely was ill-prepared for it.

Esther actually dropped me off right at my room for my lunch break.

When I returned to work, it sounds like Bill and I had help from "Gordie" ─ whom I clearly knew back then, but no longer remember ─ and someone named "Bob."

When Myrna's move was completed, we had to do another ─ apparently hauling the four loads nearly to the Vancouver International Airport

Melodie St. Jean rode along ─ she was Esther's youngest of two daughters, and had her sights set on me.

Art Smith was supposed to help ─ he was an older part-time S.A.N.E. employee in his early 40s.  However, he claimed that he had no one to look after his kids ─ his wife was a waitress. 

I can't spend any more time on this post ─ I must socialize with my wife Jack while she is home.
Post a Comment