.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Study Proves Dental Amalgams Increase Blood Mercury Levels │ Most Beneficial Gut Bacteria Die off in the ICU │ MRSA and Marketplace Poultry

E-mail preoccupation kept me up last night too near to midnight than I can appreciate.

The first break in sleep that I had during the night that compelled me to check the time was just after 5:00 a.m.  I would have used the bathroom, but I wasn't sure whether my younger brother Mark and my eldest step-son Tho had each yet left for work, so I held off.

I must have lapsed into some sleep, for when next I looked at the clock it was an hour later ─ I rose and used the bathroom then.

After returning to bed, I had a fairly dreamy time of it, and did not next check the time until after 8:00 a.m.  And so I rose for the day.

It had begun raining last evening, and has done so off and on ever since.

My youngest step-son Pote has had a consecutive day off work, alas for me.

I was determined to do my best and get a post published today at my Latin Impressions website ─ I have been working on it since last Friday.

I sure never expected that it was going to take me until well past 1:00 p.m.  I had begun the morning feeling quite good about things; but by then, I was agitated.

However, at least it is now over with:  Asset Protection II.


One of my E-mail contacts ─ a woman in Texas I have never met ─ E-mailed me today, expressing to me her best birthday wishes (I turned 67 on Tuesday).  She said that she had seen a post on Facebook doing the same, so she just had to acknowledge me directly.

Well, I don't often tune in to Facebook, so I had no idea birthday wishes were being expressed to me.  It seems to me that Facebook used to send me a notification anytime someone posted something specifically to me.

As for birthday wishes, I had removed my birthdate from my profile so that folks wouldn't see a reminder of my birthday any longer, but I suppose all it takes is for just one person to remember my birthday and post about it, and then others start doing the same ─ Facebook reminders notwithstanding.

By the way, when I logged into Blogger to begin this post, I checked my AdSense account first, and found that the AdSense area has been entirely revamped.  Consequently, I hope that I am understanding the new format correctly ─ it seems to be indicating that thus far today, I have accumulated 31¢ in revenue.

If that is indeed true, then it is certainly a far cry from the cent I often feel fortunate to accumulate for an entire day ─ I just hate going to bed at night when nothing at all has shown up over a day.

┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤

Have you got any of those so-called silver amalgam fillings in your teeth?

A new study has found that if you have at least eight such fillings, then your bloodstream has 150% more mercury in it than someone without any amalgam fillings.

No dentist should still be putting this stuff into patients' mouths.


The mercury released is elemental mercury, the most toxic form.  Anyway, I think most of us are aware that mercury is extremely toxic in small concentrations, and people displaying symptoms of its toxicity are an awful thing to behold.

I did not realize that composite fillings ─ the amalgam alternative ─ contain bisphenol-A (BPA), an endocrine disruptor:
Recently, some clinicians have switched to the use of the composite resins, an Hg-free alternative material. Composite resins are a mixture of monomers that are commonly based on di-glycidyl ether methacrylate (bis-GMA), triethylene glycol di-methacrylate (TEGDMA) and ethoxylated bisphenol-A dimetha-crylate (bis-EMA.). Bis-GMA-containing materials can release small quantities of BPA when they degrade in the oral environment. BPA exposure results primarily from consumer plastic products and food packaging; it is still unclear if dental resin-based restorative materials contribute to the increase of BPA exposure. BPA exerts estrogenic activity, and has been found to cause adverse effects on reproduction and development of human health. Most recently, exposure to dental composite resins has been found to be associated with impaired psychosocial function in children, which raised critical public health concerns related to potential BPA exposure from dental materials.
That is quoted from the study.

I am unclear if that quote is saying that ALL three of the composites it identified are at fault or not.  It stated that "bis-GMA-containing materials can release small quantities of BPA when they degrade in the oral environment" ─ but only the first of the three types of composite was bis-GMA.

Yet the third type of composite actually clearly identifies bisphenol-A as being integral in its composition: "ethoxylated bisphenol-A dimetha-crylate (bis-EMA.)."

Anyway, the study conclusion follows ─ just note that THg stands for blood total mercury, IHg is inorganic mercury, and MeHg is methyl mercury.

"Methyl mercury is formed from inorganic mercury by the action of microbes that live in aquatic systems including lakes, rivers, wetlands, sediments, soils and the open ocean." [Wikipedia]
We have found that dental surface restorations significantly contributed to the blood concentrations of THg and IHg in both periods of study, as well as MeHg in 2011–2012, after adjusting covariates such as age, education, race/ethnicity, gender, smoking, and fish consumption history. However, no association between the dental fillings and urinary BPA was found. This is the first study to demonstrate the relationship between dental fillings and body level of Hg and /or BPA in a nationally representative population. Our findings did not address the potential adverse health effects at low thresholds of mercury exposure; however, a significant correlation between the blood level of mercury and dental restoration raises major concerns about potential mercury exposure. This study provides the scientific basis for the ongoing population-based risk assessment of exposure to Hg and/or BPA from dental surface restorations for the selection of safe, effective restorative materials, especially for sensitive populations.
Amalgams have to go, but dental science has just got to come up with BPA-free composite material.

🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤

A recent study has produced results indicating just how swiftly our health-bestowing gut biota are killed off upon us being admitted to an intensive care unit (ICU).

In some cases, "organisms clearly associated with disease" soared to 95% of the gut biota population in just a few days:


If you care to wrestle with the study, it is titled Extreme Dysbiosis of the Microbiome in Critical Illness (doi: 10.1128/mSphere.00199-16).

As over 70% "of ICU patients worldwide receive antibiotics, antibiotic pressure should be considered both a treatment and a fundamental pathophysiologic “insult” with likely negative effects on beneficial organisms. Irrespective of the cause, the evidence suggests that critical-care patients may benefit from therapeutics focused on improvement of the microbiome."

🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤

I posted just recently about why it is now dangerous to handle uncooked poultry if you have a cut or even a scratch on your hands.

A new strain of MRSA ─ the deadly antibiotic-resistant bacteria ─ has been found in some people in Europe.
...The new strain infected 10 urban-dwelling people who hadn't been working on a farm and had no direct contact with live farm animals.

Instead, the researchers believe the MRSA patients were infected after eating or handling poultry that had been imported from other European countries. 
That's from this news report: 

UPI.com


As I said, I have already touched upon this topic recently, but NaturalNews.com published a good report about this just three days ago:  MRSA superbug may be spread through contaminated poultry.

As that article states, poultry is not tested for MRSA.  But supermarket poultry is already so contaminated that just a few years back, Consumer Reports found that 97% of the chicken breasts it tested were contaminated with just the six strains of bacteria that they tested the chicken for:  Consumer Reports: 97% of Supermarket Chicken Is Contaminated.

┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤┤

According to weather reports hereabouts, we are in for some strong winds, as well as rain ─ the worst may be tomorrow morning, and then another system rolls in on Saturday.

I was sorry to read this morning that Thailand's King Bhumibol Adulyadej has died after a reign of over 70 years.

I am going to close now with a 41-year-old entry from my journal, back when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

I was renting the tiny unit in a house located on Ninth Street at Third Avenue.

I had spent the night at my mother Irene Dorosh's home ─ she and her husband Alex had taken a bus charter to Reno

The day prior to this brief journal entry, I had gotten so drunk that I blacked out.
MONDAY, October 13, 1975

I slept badly what with my alcohol poisoning and dryness.

I hung around till 2:00 p.m. or whenever it was Bill came.  Mark & Cathy needed his car to pick up a dish washer, so we went there and awaited their return.

Anyway, Bill's mom cooked a fabulous meal, and we only fractioned the amount.  I'm to dine with them again tomorrow.

Bed at 9:30 p.m. or so.
I had been invited by my old friend William Alan Gill to have Thanksgiving dinner ─ his mother Anne Gregory was preparing the meal.

Bill lived in New Westminster, too.

My mother's home was in the Kennedy Heights area of Surrey ─ the house doesn't exist any longer, but its address was 12106 - 90th Avenue.     

He picked me up, and then we had to go and lend his car to my younger brother Mark and his girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther, who were sharing a home together in Whalley ─ roughly 4¼ miles from my mother's home.

I don't know where the Thanksgiving dinner was held ─ whether Anne Gregory prepared it at her home in (I believe) Maillardville; or whether she cooked it at Bill's bachelor suite in New Westminster.

I suspect that it was at her home.

I must not have felt like writing that day ─ I certainly revealed little.  I can only suppose that Bill brought me back to my room in New Westminster, and that I never returned to my mother's home.  I suspect that this is most likely the scenario.

That was my second day of turkey-eating, and I was to have yet another meal the following day?  I never even tasted turkey this Thanksgiving just past!
Post a Comment