.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Cut Risk of Colon Cancer with Chondroitin and Glucosamine Supplements │ Latest Intermittent Fasting Plan for Weight Loss │ Study Proves in Just One Day That a Low-Carb Diet Works

My eldest step-son Tho seems to have been home late last afternoon, and left to return to his girlfriend's home with his car ─ younger step-son Pote had been making liberal use of it.

Tho has basically spent the weekend at his girlfriend's home.

Not having Tho's car makes it less convenient for Pote to be squiring about his girlfriend.  Thus, he must have met her at a nearby bus stop early last evening, or else someone drove her to our home.

Whatever the case, she had been gone since before daybreak, and was back again last evening around 6:30 p.m.

And did she have a shower all the while she was away over the day?  Well, apparently not.  She came upstairs around 11:15 p.m. to have one prior to going to bed with Pote.

The intrusion just burns me.

I wasn't to get to bed until very late ─ it must have been after 1:30 a.m.

First, I wanted to try and use ShowMore.com and the related download to try and record a Line video-call I wanted to place to my wife Jack over in Thailand.

Apparently time is 13 hours ahead of us over there ─ I have been reporting that it is 14 hours in advance of us.

Let me say here that I think ShowMore.com and its download are almost impossible to use properly.  I am actually going to delete the download I have.

One of the irritating things about the programme is that the user seems to have to make the call first, and then launch ShowMore and try to figure out how to set it up.

Well, I received no answer when I phoned Jack, so I had to trash the recording ShowMore was apparently making.

Not much later, she phoned me!

I disconnected us trying to launch ShowMore and tweak its settings.  But I quickly phoned her back, and I got her onscreen with Line.

Note that I have Line on my computer, too.  I have the account synchronized with my iPhone 5C Line application.  So I phoned Jack via Line on my computer, and not on the cellphone.

Well, I couldn't see how to access ShowMore ─ as far as I could tell, none of the programme was displaying.

So Jack and I just talked.

She was lying on something just outside the front door of her family home.  They have what almost must be a marble patio with an outer low wall of marble ─ she may have been lying on the low wall.   And she looked and sounded very sleepy.

I was quite surprised that she had never spent much time in nearby Udon Thani ─ a drive of maybe 15 minutes away.  She only went there a few times to do some shopping and came straight back home.

Consequently ─ apart from an early visit to Bangkok with her mother, sister, and I have no idea who else ─ she essentially remained in her home 'village' of Nong Soong or its environs.

She is due to return here to Canada tomorrow.  Consequently, that was my last opportunity to call her.  She had been using a cellphone belonging to her sister, and in which she had apparently been using SIM cards that she had been purchasing. 

It was early Sunday afternoon for her when I called.  If she truly is due to return here to YVR tomorrow (my time), then she would likely have to leave for Bangkok later that same Sunday and spend the night in the capital city.

She and I only talked for maybe seven or eight minutes, and we actually exchanged a couple of "I love you"s.

Well when we finished and had disconnected, I discovered that ShowMore appeared, indicating that it was still recording.  So I stopped it.

I had read that it was possible to save just a portion of such a recording, for more than the first minute was unrelated to the call ─ I didn't realize that the programme was recording.

Unfortunately, the seven or eight minutes of the actual call only recorded Jack's voice ─ mine is unheard.  And there was a lag of about five seconds in the video ─ I would hear her speaking, and then her mouth would move to the words about five seconds later. 

I could see the 'Save' icon, but nothing showed how to edit the call.

But there was a 'Redo' button or icon, so I tried that.

And it deleted the entire recording.

That bummed me one heck of a lot. 

I did some research, and eventually I understood that my computer had likely saved the video regardless ─ I just had to access it in the Documents folder.  There is a sub-folder there called Apowersoft, and the deleted video was still there ─ it I am remembering the proper sub-folder correctly.

I simply moved it over to my Desktop.  I'm unsure just what to do with it, though.

Anyway, after all of the time I spent with that, I then got mixed up playing old 1960s and early 1970s music videos on YouTube ─ I couldn't stop.  But I finally had to ─ it was getting ridiculously late.

Sleep came easily enough once I was to bed.  But I had a break in sleep and visited the bathroom at nearly 6:00 a.m.

I tried for further sleep, but thoughts of Pote's aggravating girlfriend having a shower here for the second consecutive day got me too wound up.

It was shortly before 7:00 a.m. that I decided to get up.

I had no sooner fixed my morning's hot beverage and begun work on the post I have underway at one of my hosted websites when I heard Pote and his girlfriend stirring.

And soon, he must have walked her to the bus stop ─ she likely had to go to work.

But he didn't.  He has been home all day like a useless lump just playing on his computer.

As I type these words at 4:48 p.m., it is lightly raining.  It was doing so last evening, and off-and-on through the night and the earlier portion of today.

I wanted to do some shopping ─ this is ideal weather for me where getting out on those hikes are concerned.  But I was just too ill-slept.

I returned to bed just ahead of noon, and was there until almost 2:10 p.m. 

I leave discussion of my day with this old celebrity clipping that I took from some periodical ─ probably a TV Guide ─ back in the late 1960s or early 1970s:


It is Robert Conrad, but I have no idea what production this still would have been taken from.  He became a favourite actor of mine as a result of my love for his character in the T.V. series The Wild, Wild West.

It was never lost on me how similar the name of his character in that series was to that of William Shatner in the T.V. series Star Trek:  James T. West as opposed to James T. Kirk. 

┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬

You must surely have heard or read that chondroitin and glucosamine supplements in combination appear to benefit people with cartilage damage; but did you know that they also reduce the risk of colon cancer by about 23%?

JacksDailyDose.com

TAPintegrative.org

VitaminsAndHealthSupplements.com

I am not sold on the colonoscopy that the first reference spoke about, but of late I have been consuming raw ginger on a daily basis.

I don't take the glucosamine and chondroitin supplements, however ─ I simply cannot afford them on my pension.  I have too many other supplements that I feel I must keep myself resupplied with.


😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

You may have heard of intermittent fasting, and how it is proven beneficial for weight loss.  Various versions of such dieting keep appearing.

Well, here are a couple of reports on the latest version:

GlobalNews.ca

ScienceDaily.com

I'm unsure if I could follow that scheme ─ I think that it likely encourages overeating.  The temptation is there to get absolutely stuffed to try and avoid suffering serious huger pangs as the day wore on.

I know that it's quite difficult to easily get to sleep if one is very hungry.

I've never had a weight problem, however.  I only try to safeguard against accumulating too much flab around the midsection. 

I just eat twice a day, getting by otherwise on my two daily hot beverages.  One meal is roughly midday, the other around 8:00 p.m.

They're not belly-buster meals, either ─ they are quite controlled in size.  See the next item for more on sensible eating.

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Concerning weight loss and diet, the true key is to avoid carbohydrates ─ the solution is truly that simple.

Note these reports on a recent study that found extremely positive results in participants after just a single day of low-carbohydrate dieting:

ScienceDaily.com

DiabetesSelfManagement.com

MensFitness.com

PeoplesPharmacy.com

Eschew those carbohydrates, and instead eat loads of the proper fats and protein, and not only will weight loss ensue, but any developing insulin resistance will improve.

┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬┬

I must get my aching butt off this hard metal chair, so I am going to close now with a journal entry from 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster

That tiny unit was being rented in a house located on Ninth Street at Third Avenue.

I had actually gone to bed the evening prior to this entry a little ahead of 6:30 p.m. 
THURSDAY, November 20, 1975

My place just gets colder each morning, it seems; I got up decently before 2:00 a.m.

I had my 6 laps in the still cold.

Around 4:00 a.m., Bill surprised me with a visit; I am reasonably sure the folks above became aware I was up and with company.

He wanted me to go with him to Zelda's for their $2 pizza smorgasbord.

But first we went to his place, and I gave him half the loaf of bread I intended for dad; he was full of praise; I borrowed his December Penthouse.

Anyway, when we got to Zelda's, it appeared closed; I was somewhat relieved, I guess.

So we went to the 7-Eleven at Scott-town where he bought me an apple.

Then he took me home; next Wednesday morn at 2:00 a.m. I am to expect him for another stab at Zelda's.

France's Franco died during the night. 

I visited the library and borrowed The Supermarket Handbook:  Access to Whole Foods by Nikki and David Goldbeck.

A number of minutes before 11:30 a.m. I believe David knocked; whoever left a note I won't read till prior to leaving for my physical examination.

I shall leave here circa 2:00 p.m., giving myself an hour to make Sapperton; the note was Mark's; he wants me to come over Friday night and tend Daboda while the family goes to Calgary for the Grey Cup celebration.

Well, my physical is now over with; December 8 at 10:30 a.m. in the same building a Dr. Miller will test my eyes.

Coming home I stopped at the Royal Square Safeway and bought Sunny Jim peanut butter ($1.45) to take to dad's, and a 2 lb jar of unpasteurized Alpha honey ($1.95) which is crystallizing; I helloed there my Pine St. landlord...or caretaker, I should say.

I discovered I seem to have left my brush in Bill's apartment or car.

I shall bed shortly past 6:30 p.m.
That sounded like a long, full day.

I would have run those half-dozen early laps at the New Westminster Secondary School track.

My old friend William Alan Gill must have been working some sort of late shift at the now-defunct Royal City Foods cannery that used to exist in New Westminster near the Pattullo Bridge.  I think at this time he was living in a bachelor suite about three or four blocks from my room.  

I no longer remember a place called Zelda's, nor where it might have been.  The 7-Eleven we visited at the Scott Town shopping plaza was in Surrey ─ 96th Avenue & Scott Road (120th Street). 

It was called Scot Town because it was at the intersection of Scott Road and Townline Road (96th Avenue).

After Bill got me back home, I later that morning visited the library up on Sixth Avenue.

My old friend Philip David Prince was the knocker I thought I was ignoring, but it was my younger brother Mark.  I would have thought that he realized that I rarely answered my door, and that he needed to speak out to get me to open the door. 

David lived elsewhere in New Westminster, and was a clinging visitor ─ I usually tried to avoid his visits, for they would suck away my day and my resolve to do anything afterwards.

Mark and his girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther ─ and her two beautiful little girls ─ lived on Bentley Road in Whalley.  Daboda was their German shepherd ─ I loved that guy!

My family doctor ─ Dr. Johnston ─ had his office over by the Royal Columbian Hospital, and it was clearly my intention to hike over to see him and keep the appointment.  And I did.

The shopping I did on my way home was in a shopping plaza located at Eighth Avenue & McBride Boulevard.

I think I had formerly lived in a rooming house at Pine Street & Third Avenue in New Westminster, but not for long ─ maybe a couple or so months.  Maybe longer.  I hated it there.

Quite apart from having to use a communal bathroom, my room's door would not lock from the inside.  So I was never locked in when I was home ─ not even at night.

Man, this post ran me late!  I have to proofread it and get it published.
Post a Comment