.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Friday, November 18, 2016

Emulsifiers, Colon Cancer, and Inflammatroy Bowel Diseases │ Dental Hygiene and Pneumonia Prevention │ New Antibiotics from 'Ancient Remedies'?

Last evening's bedtime was rather rare ─ 11:16 p.m.  I doubt that I have gotten to bed that early since the Summer.

However, I had two bathroom breaks overnight that were taken mainly because of excessive thirst.

And it was 7:01 a.m. when I checked the time once I found sleep elusive, so that is when I began my day.

I spent some of the morning setting up a new post at one of my hosted websites, and then I began preparations for the four-mile round-trip hike to the government liquor store at 108th Avenue & King George Boulevard in Whalley.

I do not believe that we had any rain overnight, and there was none today ─ just an overcast sky.

My youngest step-son Pote had gotten up with his girlfriend early this morning after I had finished making my morning's hot beverage, and he had taken her away ─ probably to catch whatever transportation she uses to get to work.

He remained up after he soon enough returned home, and was here when I set off at 10:40 a.m., locking the door behind me.

Incidentally, I asked him last evening if he's still working, for he is bloody home all the day long far too often for my liking.  Well, it turns out that he has been getting assigned some late afternoon shift starts.

So when he (and usually his girlfriend) take off for somewhere in the latter afternoon, he is on his way to work.

He's home now at 2:25 p.m., so perhaps this will be another of those days.  (It was.)

Anyway, on my way to the liquor store, I had a credit card payment to mail, so I posted it at Pearl Photo / Canada Post in Surrey Place (Central City), roughly the halfway point to my destination.

Normally my final route to the liquor store involves leaving City Parkway and ─ right across from the BC Lions Training & Business Centre ─ taking 106th Avenue to the King George.

This map may help understand what I mean.  I am walking upwards from the bottom of the map.

This morning, I found the last portion of 106th Avenue just past 135-A Street to be choked with a pair of ambulances and an equal number of fire trucks, plus various associated personnel milling about ─ R.C.M.P. too.

So for the first time in what I believe is years, I took that stretch of the notorious 135-A Street.

Normally it is choked with the tents of homeless people and drug users for its entire length, but a clean-up must have just taken place recently.

Some R.C.M.P. were patrolling it on foot, and there were a number of city sanitation trucks, including a couple of street sweepers slowly driving along in different sections.

There were very few loiterers on the street ─ normally, the area is thick with the unfortunates.

So I essentially had clear sailing.  I purchased the two dozen cans of strong (8% alcohol) beer I was after, and was fast heading on back to home.  I start my return jaunt by going down 108th Avenue to BC Parkway/City Parkway and turning left onto it.

I have no idea why the map lists both names for that street at 108th Avenue.

The remainder of my overcast trek was incident-free, and I was back here at 12:10 p.m.  My eldest step-son Tho had evidently gotten home from work early, and as usual the prick had locked the door after coming into the house.

I truly believe the ass feels that if he comes home and has to unlock the door, then he is going to lock it behind him and force me to have to also unlock it when I return.

Speaking of Google, it made notice to me today that it had created another collage 'postcard' to memorialize exactly five years ago in my Google photo album history:


I have managed to track down the original four images ─ let's start with the left column.

The first image looks down our driveway to the cul-de-sac we live in ─ it seems we had a little snow on this date back in 2011.  And unless the time setting of my camera had not been updated correctly, it was 11:58 a.m.:


The second photo in that first column shows my wife Jack with her friend and co-worker of the time, Ad Khamla ─ they were both working at Mango Thai Restaurant in Vancouver:


The image is coded as having been taken at 1:22 a.m. on November 19, so it should not actually have been selected by Google for this November 18 collage.

The first image in the second column was taken at roughly the same time of day as the other image showing the driveway, but this time I captured my wife Jack backing out of the driveway to probably go to work at Mango Thai Restaurant in Vancouver:


The final photo in that second column is coded as having been taken at 10:01 p.m., and was taken in our living room.  Jack must have been getting prepared to go into Vancouver or wherever it was that she was to have a celebratory meal with Ad and their Mango Thai Restaurant partner, Randy ─ I think it was his birthday, and the ladies wanted to treat him:


└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└

You have surely seen a class of ingredients listed in many processed foods (such as commercial bread or ice cream) that is identified only as "emulsifiers."

Well, a study has revealed that in mice, the two such emulsifiers that were studied appear to cause colon cancer.

And once more, we see how important it is not to disturb those wonderful bacteria living within our gut (that is, our intestinal tract).  For by extension, the consumption of emulsifiers may also be behind conditions like Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and other inflammatory bowel diseases (IBDs).

Time.com

Newmax.com

Consumer.HealthDay.com

ScienceDaily.com

NHS.uk

I have essentially given up on the food manufacturing industry ─ they will never stop adding the manifold toxins to their processed foods that the companies all stand by. 

Not on anyone's life!

Even though the researchers only looked at two known commercial emulsifiers, I haven't a doubt that this entire class non-foods are troublesome and behind a host of our health problems.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I already recently included reports in a post about a study that has proven that there is nearly a doubling of instances of pneumonia in people who avoid dental check-ups, but I will add a reference this once more:

Consumer.HealthDay.com

One of the pneumonia vaccines is something called Prevnar 13.

If you have ever considered getting vaccinated against pneumonia, take a gander at the side-effects as listed at RxList.comPrevnar 13 Side Effects Center.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

The New York Times recently came out with an article that speculated on one possible partial solution to the increasing uselessness of our antibiotics:

NYtimes.com

Dr. Marc S. Micozzi gave his own elaboration upon the topic:

DrMicozzi.com

He is very knowledgeable, and does offer some great information and advice in his articles.  

However, he ought to fire whomever is in charge of the videos he uses to promote his paid subscriptions ─ I can't stand to watch one of the over-hyped and politically-slanted commercials for even the first minute.

└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└└

I am closing off now with a journal entry from 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

I was renting the little affair in a house situated on Ninth Street at Third Avenue.

I see that I was paying a visit to my mother Irene Dorosh who lived in the Kennedy Heights area of Surrey.  Her old home is now gone, but its address was 12106 - 90th Avenue.  To hike there from my room would normally take about 1½ hours of fast walking.

The evening prior to this entry, I had gone to bed at 7:00 p.m.
TUESDAY, November 18, 1975

I got up barely before 4:30 a.m., and left just a couple minutes short of 5:00 a.m. for my 6 laps; the morning was heavily frosted and still.

I am leaving for mom's, with the food book and some honey for bread, about 8:40 a.m.  I am also taking my plastic top coat for her; she wanted one like it.

This morning I dreamed of being in a rather wooded, swampy place, and as I walked, classes of girls were jogging in the area; one of them was attracted to me strongly, and I to her; details elude me, but I believe I later went to look her up.

Anyway, at mom's I commenced eating after arriving, and hugely overate. 

Phyllis dropped in a short bit heading for work.

Cathy phoned mom.

I understand, from mom, that Bill & his mother visited at Nell's Sunday.

Mom made the bread; 4 loaves; I took one home with me, for dad.

Mom called Dr. Johnston's office, and 3:00 p.m. Thursday has been appointed for me.

Usually at 3:00 p.m. I prepare to leave, but I stayed an extra hour.   

Coming home, at O'Farrell's? (Econo-mart) I bought 3 bars of Lifebuoy (total: 84¢).

I am retiring a few minutes past 7:00 p.m.
I ran those six morning laps at the New Westminster Secondary School track.

The "food book" was a library book I had borrowed:  The Health Food Dictionary with Recipes.  I cannot say that I recall a plastic top coat.

I was a lonely young man ─ lonely for love, that is.  So anytime I could remember anything of a dream that was leading into that direction, I would make note of it. 

My journal entries were often just short jottings penned over the course of my day.

My older maternal half-sister Phyllis dropped in a my mother's home while I was there; and it was my younger brother Mark's girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther who phoned my mother.  Jeanette and my mother were very close.

This may have been the first time that my maternal Aunt Nell got to meet 'Annie' ─ Anne Gregory, the mother of my old friend William Alan Gill.  Anne was to become quite a fixture at Nell's home over the next several years.

Late the previous week, I had met with someone at New Westminster social services concerning potential training or education, and he had wanted me to have a physical examination performed, along with an eye examination.  My mother called our family doctor and got an appointment set up.

That mention of "O'Farrell's" vaguely rings a bell ─ was that truly who managed the outlet of Econo-Mart at the Townline shopping centre (96th Avenue & Scott Road)?  Econo-Mart were a chain of supermarkets that eventually died out.

In looking up that reference to Lifebuoy soap, I had no idea that it was no longer on sale here in North America ─ I thought we had some bars here just this past year.  Isn't that the white bar soap that floats?

Perhaps I am confusing it with Dove soap.

And my pattern of getting to bed early so that I could rise extra early continued. 
Post a Comment