.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Vinpocetine: An Illustration of How Duplicitous the FDA Is │ Resisting Age with N-acetylcysteine and Glutathione │ Reading Books Bestows Longevity

My assessment in yesterday's post that my youngest step-son Pote had gone to work around 3:30 p.m. was wrong ─ he was back in about 2½ hours with his girlfriend.

I intended to soon have a bath and shave ─ I shave my scalp and face in the bathtub.  I hadn't shaved since probably early last Monday evening.

I had everything set out on my bed here upstairs, but was doing something on my computer in the room next to my bedroom.

The next thing I knew, the girlfriend was up the stairs behind me and into the bathroom ─ and soon showering!

That was annoying enough ─ where the blazes has she been all day that she could not clean up before coming here to bloody visit?

But when eventually she finished and vacated and I went to have my bath and shave, the remaining water in the tank was tepid.  I ran several inches of it straight from the hot water tap, and could barely stand sitting in it to wash my vitals and armpits ─ there was no freaking way I was going to try to soak my head in order to try and shave.

I was furious.

My curses rose in uncontrolled outbursts each time the scope of the indignity struck me.

Again ─ why in blazes did she not clean herself up before coming here?  I sure as Hades don't need her here ─ especially when she pulls an inconsiderate stunt like using a full tank of hot water.

That was my last shot at shaving.  I wouldn't be running a second bath later that evening just to shave.

My younger brother Mark arrived home a little earlier than usual that evening ─ a little ahead of 7:30 p.m.

And so I got an earlier start on T.V. viewing ─ and the concomitant bit of drinking.  By the time I had finished my usual three or so ounces of hard liquor (dark rum in this instance), and three cans of strong (8% alcohol) beer, there was still one more show to watch ─ an episode of Aftermath.

So I had two further cans of beer ─ regular strength (5.5% alcohol).

When we were finished with the T.V., Mark headed on up to his bedroom, and I came here to my computer.  I decided to try and make a video-call to my wife Jack who is presently over in Thailand.

I have Line downloaded onto my computer, and the application is also on my iPhone 5C. However, I have never placed a video-call before, so I had no intention of risking potential charges from carrier Rogers Wireless by using the iPhone 5C.

It was after midnight here, I believe; so in Thailand, it was after 4:00 p.m. today.

I easily connected with Jack, who was seated outside somewhere.  She was surprised to hear from me.

I have been curious about a Gay friend of hers ─ Daisha.  I like the guy.  But I wondered if he had possibly been unaware that she was coming to Thailand, and how he would have reacted when she came and knocked on his door.

He lives very near to Jack's family home.

Well, apparently he knew she was coming ─ he keeps in constant contact with her family.

And then the next thing I knew, Jack was passing the phone over to him ─ he was sitting there, too!

But that wasn't all, for after Daisha and I exchanged some cheery words, Jack turned the phone over to yet another guy and said I was to guess who it was.

I immediately recognized another Gay friend of hers ─ Jack or Jak.  He and I were never as chummy as were Daisha and I ─ I'm unsure if Jack/Jak has any functioning English ─ but I recognized that he was a good friend to my wife Jack.

She has known both of these chaps since pre-adolescence ─ maybe even childhood.

The three were enjoying some drinks ─ possibly beer.  It was something amber-coloured in a glass, with ice.

My wife Jack observed that I appeared to be somewhat drunk ─ probably because I was uncharacteristically jovial with everyone.

I mentioned that I knew of a potential means of recording such video-calls as ours, and so I am to try to have things set up to make such a recording, and to call her tonight.

I am unclear just when it was that I got to bed.  I am even unsure if I got up just once overnight to use the bathroom and drink some water, or if I did so twice.

But I rose for the day ahead of 7:00 a.m.  I felt hungover ─ which was quite unexpected.  After all, I only had two further cans of beer than I normally drink each night, and those two weren't even the strong beers.

Pote was up ─ his girlfriend must have had to work this morning, so he had driven her to the SkyTrain (or wherever he takes her in the mornings) in his older brother Tho's car. Tho seems to be spending the weekend at his girlfriend's home.

It was lightly raining when I had gotten up, but that soon stopped and we even had breaks of sunshine.  But before 3:00 p.m., I noticed we were having some more rain ─ which also came to a stop before too long.

My plan in the morning was to work on a new post I have going at one of my hosted websites, and then get back to bed for a much-needed nap.

Halfway through that post work, I heard Mark commencing his morning shower, so I took a break and went out to the backyard shed for a little exercise even though it was unimaginable due to how poorly I was feeling.

I quite surprised myself ─ I was unexpectedly able, and when I finished I was feeling quite hale.

However, when at last I finished the post work, I did return to bed ─ it was 12:03 p.m.  I think I remained there until maybe 1:20 p.m.

I emerged from my bedroom to find that Mark was shut up in his own.

Anyway, he later emerged, and perhaps around 2:30 p.m. drove off for the day.  He will probably spend the night at the home of his girlfriend Bev.

When I was in my teens, there was a short-lived T.V. series featuring a handsome actor by the name of Richard Bradford.  He played a private eye and sometimes bounty hunter who was stationed in England, but who often ventured into other parts of Europe, essentially living out of his suitcase.

This character had been in the CIA or something at one time, so he was quite savvy.

Yet quite realistically, he did not always win his physical confrontations. 

Even my old friend Philip David Prince liked the series.

The series was called Man in a Suitcase, and it ran from 1967 to 1968.

I mention all of this because I want to post this old clipping I have from some scene in the series ─ I have kept the clipping since the late 1960s or very early 1970s:


David and I both found the theme song to be exceptionally stirring, but it would have to be listened to while watching the opening action sequences for the series.

This YouTube video has an extended version of the theme, while displaying a few stills from the series:



To give you some idea of the energy associated with the theme, try watching these gals dancing to the extended theme ─ how they are doing this in one take without being exhausted boggles me!



Those lovely, fit, U.K. ladies were from that same era in the 1960s ─ they were known as Pan's People.

You may by now ─ if you watched both videos all the way through ─ be getting a sense of the excitement the theme is capable of generating in a fan.

I will add this one further video ─ it features the actual opening or lead-in scenes of an episode of Man in a Suitcase, and then ends with the actual opening theme and credits:



Richard Bradford definitely had style!

┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴

Have you ever heard of a substance called vinpocetine?

This short teaser-description of its benefits is from NewMarketHealth.com:
It has been studied for decades, and found to be incredibly safe....

Study after study confirms its ability to improve the blood flow to your brain. And that means more oxygen reaches your brain to keep it in top form.

It also supports a healthy inflammatory response and was used to help former NFL players with incredible results. In fact, that research resulted in three peer-reviewed, published studies.
Well, it seems that in the States, the FDA ─ in absolute collusion with the Pharmaceutical Industry ─ has apparently made known that it intends to remove vinpocetine from the marketplace and give exclusive rights of its production to a drug company.

And of course, that company will charge whatever it feels like once it has exclusivity.

You can read about this wicked, crooked, about-face by the health agency here:

NutraIngredients-usa.com

This article identifies some of the concerned actions made by consumers who rely on vinpocetine, and it also describes many of vinpocetine's benefits:

NaturalProductsInsider.com

And here is ─ well, the title of the piece speaks for itself:

Life-Enhancement.com

There is far too much corruption in the FDA.  Some 'Big Shots' there need to get their asses kicked right out of the agency.

😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

This next topic is one I have already recently touched upon, but I shall do so once more.  It concerns glutathione, an antioxidant that our bodies actually produce.
Glutathione and its related enzymes are our most prolific antioxidants because, in addition to directly scavenging free radicals, they also reactivate other antioxidants.

But that’s just one of the benefits of glutathione. It also plays crucial roles in the immune response, DNA repair, and the detoxification process that neutralizes drugs, chemicals, radiation, metabolic wastes, and other toxins and carcinogens.

Given this broad range of activities, it makes sense that glutathione depletion is associated with disease and aging—and that increasing glutathione levels is not only a smart move for health maintenance but also an effective therapy for a host of serious diseases. 
That quote is from here:

DrWhitaker.com

Unfortunately, as we age, our ability to produce glutathione wanes; and as the report by Dr. Whitaker states, glutathione supplements are largely questionable.

But researchers have found a way to boost its production:

ScienceDaily.com

Supposedly N-acetylcysteine (NAC) supplements are not expensive, and are widely available. And although NAC actually converts into glutathione, it also has some exceptional other benefits all on its own ─ check out this May 2010 article:

LifeExtension.com

As yet, I have never taken NAC supplements.  But I am going to try to keep them in mind when next I resupply on some of the other supplements that I do take.

If they truly are inexpensive, I might try to add them to my regimen.  However, they will need to be very inexpensive, for my pension is stretched thin as is where supplements are concerned.

😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Do you read books?

I don't anymore ─ not since my vision declined as it has.  I haven't read a book since at least the early 1990s.

Well, have a look at this short report about a recent study:

WashingtonPost.com

The article ends by stating that unfortunately, "longevity was not increased by reading newspapers."

But what about online reading, I wonder?  I scan an incredible amount of material over the course of each day.

My suspicion is that it does not count.  I am not doing this for enjoyment or relaxation.  It is work for me ─ I am in a desperate struggle to try and derive a second income, but I have thus far failed over the course now of more than six years.

Another short article on earlier research:

Telegraph.co.uk

Both of those articles were tied in nicely by Dr. Marc S. Micozzi at DrMicozzi.comPick up a book and add years to your life.

Maybe I will win my lottery before it's too late, and I can again afford to take the leisure to actually read a book.

┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┴

Well, it is 6:43 precisely at this moment, and Pote's girlfriend returned within a half-hour ago.

I am going to close now with a journal entry from 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

The house I was renting the small unit in was located on Ninth Street at Third Avenue.

My bedtime the evening prior to this entry was "a few minutes past" 7:00 p.m.
WEDNESDAY, November 19, 1975

What a conspiracy to rob me of sleep!

First last night I suffered on and on with some blazing brat upstairs pacing in circles, and stomping, and jumping; and it and a baby waullering.

And I was so full, I could only find sleep for short periods; I doubt I had a total of 2 hours, and from about 1:00 a.m. just lied in bed awake till I arose something more than a half hour later.

The mail strike has now been on for 30 days.

I got my 12 laps ran, and did as well as usual; my overeat yesterday is getting in hand.

Again, everything was frosted, and the night still; the temperature is something betwixt -1º C. to 3º C.

I returned to bed for 2½ hours, still feeling underslept at arisal.

After I dropped off my doctor info at the welfare, I stopped in at Woodward's and bought 3 Magicubes and a white Bic lighter (listed respectively as $1.88 and, I believe, $1.27); then I visited the health food store and bought some soy flour & beans.

Abed before 6:30 a.m. 
I ran my laps at the New Westminster Secondary School track.

New Westminster social services wanted me to provide the name of my family physician with the aim of accessing my medical history.  I was being considered for training, or maybe further education.

I recall that their office was down Sixth Street on the left-hand side as one headed toward Columbia Street ─ they could only have been a couple or so blocks uphill from Columbia, I am thinking.

Woodward's on the other hand, was on Sixth Avenue where the Royal City Centre Mall now is.  The health food store was probably on the opposite side of Sixth Avenue.

How I wish that I could have that young body back!
Post a Comment