.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Thursday, December 1, 2016

💀 ☠ Prediabetes: A Ruse to Sell More Diabetes Medication? │ The Evils of Monsanto

That element within me that I rue held sway last night, and it may have been 1:30 a.m. or even later before I made it to bed ─ perhaps it was even after 2:00 a.m.

I am a ruin for it today.

Doubling the hell was the third consecutive day-long presence of my youngest step-son Pote, plus his girlfriend.  They finally took off in Pote's older brother Tho's car, but not until nearly 4:00 p.m.

There was by then nothing of consequence left to my day.

I dug out the Christmas lights that I wanted to string up today, but it was too gloomy by then ─ it will all have to await tomorrow.

I feel such a prisoner in my own home, smothered by a working 19-year-old who rarely contributes to household expenses, and whose girlfriend is here more hours a week than is Tho or even my younger brother Mark.

I cannot live this life of mine for much more.  I am already 67; if I could know that nothing will have changed and improved before the time of my 70th birthday, then I would bring on my end.  This just is not worth it.

But abruptly switching topics: as I posted yesterday, it grew exceptionally chill in the latter afternoon, and it only worsened with the evening.  But this morning, milder temperatures prevailed, and there was no frost to show for the cold.

And now ─ since at least as early as 4:00 p.m. ─ it  is lightly raining.

I have nothing worthwhile to speak of this day, so I am just going to post a few more photos that I think my wife Jack took on October 29 (2016) in Bangkok ─ this article at aljazeera.com explains what I am referring to:  Thais flock to Grand Palace to pay respects to late king.

For anyone who does not know, my wife left Canada the evening of October 24 and never returned until November 21 ─ she had gone back to see her mother and other family and friends.

Her family home is in Nong Soong, which is very near to Udon Thani.

I have yet to ask her if she and her family ─ and whomever else may have gone with them ─ were able to get free passage on a train or something for that special day to pay tribute to King Bhumibol Adulayadej's urn in the Grand Palace.

Here are some more of the photos that Jack took ─ I posted seven yesterday.  We lead off with two photos of Jack's older sister Penn:


This next two photos are of my wife Jack:


My wife Jack at the left in the following photo, but I cannot certainly identify anyone else:


My wife Jack's sister Penn again:


My wife Jack again:


═════════════════════

Just yesterday I mentioned that I had read that over a third of Americans are prediabetic; yet I have also read that prediabetes is not an official disease or condition.

It is being lamented that only about 50% of U.S. physicians screen for the so-called condition:

Consumer.HalthDay.com

Could this report really have the reason why there is such a strong push to have doctor's screening for prediabetes?:

HSIonline.com

On top of the recommendations given at the end of that report, I would add to just cut out the damned carbohydrates!

😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

It should be no news to you that Monsanto has put some horrible products onto the world market; and if it wasn't bad enough that Roundup's glyphosate is now in all of us ─ doing who-knows-what harm ─ the infernally ignorant political powers have approved yet another similar killer:  the dicamba-based herbicide XtendiMax.

EcoWatch.com

Mercola.com

These suggestions on self-protection were offered by NewMarketHealth.com, but too few of us would ever embrace that first item ─ most of us are too apathetic or timid:
XtendiMax may be a done deal as far as our so-called federal watchdogs are concerned, but there are still three important things you can do to keep yourself and your family as safe as possible:

#1: If you live in a rural area, do some investigating to see where the nearest farms are to your child's school, athletic fields and playgrounds. Remember, this chemical doesn't just stay put, but can drift into neighboring areas. Contact your local school board and legislators to demand buffer zones around local schools.

#2: Stop buying food products that contain soy unless it's organic or has the "Non-GMO Project Verified" label.

#3: While we don't eat cotton, we do have to watch out for cottonseed oil, which is used in all kinds of foods, especially nuts. For example, instead of buying peanuts cooked in cottonseed oil, get ones roasted in the shell.

XtendiMax won't be going away anytime soon. So once again, keeping ourselves and our family safe is in our own hands.
With businessman Donald Trump in charge of the U.S. Presidency, it is not looking good for those concerned about an organic environment and diet.  The following are just three teasers to articles published at OrganicConsumers.org:
Revolutionary Times?

If ever conditions were ripe for revolution, that time is now—especially for anyone who cares about their health, and the health of planet earth.

President-Elect Donald Trump’s short lists for his environment and agriculture cabinet appointments are dominated by entrenched D.C. insiders, career politicians and industry lobbyists. Not one of these proposed "leaders" supports policies that would lead to healthier food, a cleaner environment or a cooler planet.

So much for “draining the swamp.” And so much for an easy road to forward progress on food, ag and climate policy during the next four years under our future fast-food leader.

We've outlined six of the reasons we'll need to ramp up the #ConsumerRevolution under the Trump Administration.

A word of warning. The new crop of Monsanto's minions in the Trump administration have rebranded Monsanto's pesticide- and chemical-intensive degenerative agriculture "American" agriculture. Don't be surprised if they brand you "anti-American" for criticizing it.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Wrong Direction

Are you a fan of pesticide-free food and clean water? Think your tax dollars should subsidize organic regenerative agriculture, not Monsanto’s toxic degenerative agriculture? Then you won't like the direction things are headed under the Trump administration.

Here’s what we know so far about President-Elect Donald Trump’s picks for leadership posts at the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Based on their track records, Trump’s appointees will likely let companies like Monsanto dictate food, agriculture and environmental policy.

The only thing standing between Monsanto and near-total control of the USDA and EPA? The U.S. Senate, whose job it is to approve about 1,100 presidential nominees before Trump’s cast of characters can step into their new posts. Discouraged or not, it's our job to pressure the Senate to reject any appointee who won't commit to doing his or her job—which is to protect public health, not Monsanto.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
It's Time

We can follow the example of those who remembered that the role of an activist is not to navigate systems of oppressive power with as much integrity as possible, but rather to confront and take down those systems. – Derrick Jensen, activist and author

As we head into 2017, all signs point to the majority of our elected federal policymakers chomping at the bit to give corporations free rein over everything from approving more pesticides, to giving corporations a blank check to poison and pollute, to pretty much blessing all manner of corporate corruption.

If we sound angry about that, you’re right. We are angry. And motivated. Really really motivated.

With each new announcement or prediction about who Trump will entrust with the future of this planet, our determination to fight back—in the marketplace, in our own small communities and right on up into the halls of Congress—intensifies.

We are facing a mountain of issues that will demand immediate attention and decisive action. We will need you. We will need your financial support. And we will increasingly be calling on you to not just fight this battle from behind your computer screens—necessary, but on its own, not enough—but to come out, in person, to help us unite the many single-issue movements around our common goals. This, we believe, is our only hope to address the many, and dire, challenges that lie ahead.
═════════════════════

I  must close off now ─ and here to lead out with is a journal entry from 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

I was renting the cramped quarters in a house situated on Ninth Street at Third Avenue.

The evening prior to this entry, I had gotten to bed just before 8:30 p.m.
MONDAY, December 1, 1975

I got up about 3:15 a.m.; earlier I had a WD involving getting off while seated in the rear of some sort of assembly after a vulgar dame seated herself on me and did her thing; she was in pretty bad shape, and I was left with a vile taste in my mouth not entirely the result of a dash of oralism.

Apparently the weather office listed us with 22-cm (9 inches) of snow, a record even for the entire month of November.

I left about 4:00 a.m. to do a rigorous dozen laps in the stuff, experiencing a friction-caused burning left pap as a victim of a constant drizzle.

I heard that our previous snow record was 6 inches in 1955; come to think of it, that was the year I started school.

I was first at the laundromat, tho one older fella came in later; nothing was of interest in the comic section.

I forgot to mention that we had, Sunday a.m. I believe, an earthquake of 4.5; I never noticed, nor did dad.

I shopped at Woodward's for a TV Guide, 2 jars of Sunny Jim peanut butter ($1.39 apiece), and 20 lbs. of Millstream whole wheat flour ($3.69). 
I next picked up my $170 welfare cheque, and cashed it.  As I as leaving, I saw Leo but decided to walk by; however, he greeted me, so I spoke with him awhile, labouring on the pumping; he was having some cash traced that never showed up from Kelowna.

From there I went to the health food store where I picked up 2 free Alive magazines, a jar of vitamin C (360 x 150mg at $9), 26ozs sea salt (38¢) which is far cheaper than table HCl, 24ozs sunflower seeds ($1.96; at Kennedy Heights this would have been $1.80), 16ozs flaxseed (69¢), and 16ozs sesame seeds ($1.32).

The posties may not be awork again till the end of the week.

I lied down from 2:30 p.m. - 4:30p.m., getting some deep sleep.

This night was the first occasion on which I actually ate some decent bread; my Saturday effort.

Due to some TV watching, I won't be in bed till 9:30 p.m.
The "WD" was a 'wet dream,' something I have not enjoyed in a few decades.

The early running I did was at the New Westminster Secondary School track.  Over the years, I often suffered burning nipples from the friction of whatever top I was wearing.  It got to the point where I just ran topless ─ even in the Winter, I would run a lap or two to warm up, and then ditch the top.

I believe that the laundromat was on Sixth Avenue, near the public library.  I cannot recall which store it was that I would check for the latest comic books. 

Woodward's was on Sixth Avenue right where the Royal City Centre Mall is now.

I was employed one day a week through an incentives or initiatives project in place between my employer and New Westminster social services.  As a result of being in that programme, I was entitled to whatever was the going monthly rate of social assistance for a single person, plus some stipend for working. 

I cannot say that I recall "Leo" ─ evidently I was having to work at keeping the conversation going.  That Royal Bank where we met up was on Columbia Street.

I cannot recall where the health food store was.  The Kennedy Heights health food store was out in Delta ─ back then, at the intersection of Scott Road (120th Street) & 88th Avenue (Kennedy Road).

The postal employees had been striking for at least 40 days, and it had just ended ─ but there was still no mail delivery service. 

The "decent bread" I enjoyed was of my own making ─ everything was from scratch.

And so my day 41 years ago.

I am really looking forward to some drinks, beginning as soon as I have something to eat at 8:00 p.m.

Why do I cause myself days like this?  I need to be sensible and get directly to bed after finishing my evening of T.V.
Post a Comment