.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Friday, January 20, 2017

Fish Oil Proven to Reduce Heart Disease Risk │ The Cruciality of Naps │ High Blood Pressure Hysteria

When my wife Jack was not yet home from Vancouver after 11:00 p.m. last night, I decided to get myself ready for bed rather than keep sitting up. I had just reduced myself to my undershorts when I noticed through the bedroom window blinds that a car was turning into the driveway ─ she was here at 11:10 p.m.

I dressed again, and came back downstairs and turned on the T.V. to help bide time until Jack was ready to go to bed.  That was not to happen until after 12:30 a.m.

I suppose that I had a fairly decent night's sleep ─ I never bothered to get up to use the bathroom and drink any water. It was only when I realized that Jack was getting up and had then exited the bedroom, closing the door, that I checked the time.  It was well past 8:00 a.m. ─ maybe even after 8:30 a.m.

It surprised me. I wore earplugs and a blindfold, so I had been unaware that it was 'broad daylight' already.

I rose and dressed, despite still feeling inadequately slept.

I was to learn that Jack had her typical bad night's sleep, and I think that she may even have used my computer at some point.

She was in the bathroom when I exited the bedroom, and soon she was showering. And when she was done, it was clear that she was dressing to go out somewhere.

I am unclear on the details, but she said that she was going to her friend Fanta's home out in Langley ─ something to do with Fanta's mother. Perhaps the mother was visiting from Thailand or something?

I confirmed that Jack intended to return here later on ─ she averred that she would. At that, I then said that we could later talk about the mortgage ─ we are about $277 short, and it may be applied against our chequing account as early as tomorrow, although I suspect that it might not happen until after the weekend.

I suggested that we might have no recourse but to borrow from one or both of her sons.

She agreed, and was then away. I was free to put some further content into the new post I have been working on at my Siam-Longings website since the 11th.

Her youngest son Poté had gone to work before we got up, but her oldest son Tho was taking a third consecutive sick day off work. He definitely has a bad cold, but it sure didn't prevent him from hooking up with his girlfriend and/or friends for a few hours last evening. He was not to rise for the day today until after 1:00 p.m.

Once I had done the minimum targeted work that I wanted done on that Siam-Longings's post, it was into the noon-hour. I was hungry, but I went out to the backyard shed for some exercise before eating.

The day has had some sunny breaks, and it is quite mild. I noticed that the small strip of garden at the back of the house by our sundeck actually has lots of shoots of tulip plants already poking above the surface of the ground.

If I knew for certain just where any of the three or four daffodil bulbs in that strip of garden are, I would see about transplanting what I could find ─ last year, none of them produced a flower, and only one did the year before. Clearly, they are not faring ideally there.

But I have concerns of adversely affecting the tulips by digging around speculatively.

I noticed earlier that Google created a commemorative collage from our photos celebrating exactly five years ago:


I was able to locate the two original photos from January 20, 2012:



The second photo is one of a sequence in which I was photographing Jack probably driving off to work. I think she still owned Pattaya Thai Restaurant in New Westminster (406 - Sixth Street) at the time.

She tried and tried to keep the restaurant afloat, but she just did not have the customer base. And the poor girl had to deal with so much as the sole proprietor.

So she finally had to sell. Some Koreans took over and opened up a restaurant that was also to fail. There is an Ethiopian restaurant operating in that space now, I think.

Anyway, losing Pattaya Thai Restaurant hurt us both.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

A study published in the January 2017 edition of the Mayo Clinic Proceedings journal has revealed excellent news concerning fish oil ─ here are a couple of reports about it:

JacksDailyDose.com

Time.com

The Time author certainly lacked the enthusiasm that was displayed in the first report.

😻😻😻😻😻😻😻

Do you take advantage of naps?  I know it's impractical if you have to work away from home for a living.

But more and more is being learned of both the importance of sleep, and also of naps to perhaps tender some added mental and physical rejuvenation in the day.

Here are some reports on a latest study:

Consumer.HealthDay.com

MedicalNewsToday.com

HSIonline.com

I never sought a lie-down today, but I know that I could have used one. When Jack is a part of my day, there just is not the available time for a nap. For even when she goes out, I never know when she will return.

Also, on those days that she is around here, her temporary absences are my opportunity to perhaps blog and/or get in some exercise.

😻😻😻😻😻😻😻

If we are to believe the headlines concerning a couple of the latest studies, high blood pressure is rampant worldwide:

Consumer.HealthDay.com

Time.com

Economist.com

I much prefer this take on the whole contrived hysteria:

HSIonline.com

I haven't a clue what my blood pressure is, and I am not even curious. I haven't had it checked in many years. In fact, I cannot even recall with any certainty just how many years ago it was checked.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

My wife Jack was back home around 2:00 p.m., and she quickly got busy cooking. But first she had an exchange with her eldest son Tho, and I was then directed to transfer $300 from his account to our chequing account.

That ought to be sufficient to cover the mortgage payment that is imminent. However, I can do absolutely no shopping; and my monthly pension likely will not show up until late next week ─ if I am lucky. There is the possibility that it mightn't arrive until the final day of the month.

Around 3:00 p.m., Jack began readying herself to leave and return to Vancouver. Poté and his girlfriend arrived before she had left, however.

He got a hug from his mother, but I was not offered a token good-bye kiss when I saw her off. She never indicated when next she would likely be back, either. She was gone by around 3:15 p.m.

Just ahead of 4:00 p.m., Tho headed out the front door ─ I think someone's car was out there to pick him up. He was too sick to work these past three days, but he's perfectly fine for running around with friends.

Well, I am going to close off now with a journal entry from 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

I was renting the small space in a house located on Ninth Street, and perhaps a house or two up from Third Avenue.
TUESDAY, January 20, 1976

I got up at 6:00 a.m., but doubt I'd have had much trouble trying to sleep longer.

The fog this morning is thick; I had the laundromat to myself.

At the Bluebird I bought the March Champions and Fantastic Four, April's Marvel Premiere, a "M*A*S*H" TV Guide, and Adrian Cole's Dream Lords: Lord of Nightmares.

Bored and chilled in the afternoon I tried for a good, deep nap; but it was a surface affair.

I rested again at 3:00 p.m., failing by near 15 minutes to arise by 4:00 p.m. for exercise. The place was pretty cold around then.

My day was definitely dull. Guess I'll retire at 7:00 p.m.
I believe that the laundromat was up on Sixth Avenue, near to the public library. However, I can no longer place the location of the Bluebird store ─ I cannot even remember such a store. Yet according to here, it was located at Eighth Street & Fourth Avenue.

This is apparently the cover of the TV Guide I bought:


Is my life never to improve?
Post a Comment