.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Monday, January 30, 2017

Higher Blood-Pressure Guidelines Presented │ Cholesterol Proven to Protect Against Dementia ─ Not Contribute Towards It │ Marvelous Magnesium

My wife Jack was later than usual in getting home last evening ─ it was around 11:20 p.m. when she showed up. I had intended to go to bed if she was not here by 11:30 p.m.

However, by the time I noticed that she had finally gotten to bed herself, it was 1:22 a.m. when I joined her.

Our day began when her youngest son Poté summoned her to drive him to work over in Guildford. That was well before 8:00 a.m., although the actual time now escapes me.

I did try to gain more sleep, but adequate relaxation just would not come. So I rose and got to work adding more content to the post I began last Tuesday at my website Lawless Spirit.

When Jack got back, she returned to bed...but she was soon up, apparently unable to sleep. It makes me resent selfish Poté for abusing his mother like this. He would easily enough get to work if she was not here ─ he does not need to rob her of sleep.

He even summoned her to come and pick him up once he was done work ─ it is 1:44 p.m. as I type these words, and she left awhile ago to go and fetch the young turd. I at least hope that they return without his girlfriend.

In between these two outings on the kid's behalf, Jack had cooked up some food and took a good part of it away to (I suspect) the Thai temple ─ Budhapanyanantarama ─ in Burnaby.

That absence afforded me time to get in some exercising out in the backyard shed, despite not feeling much like it. I even wore cut-offs.

The day is primarily overcast, and somewhat mild.

Anyway, while she is away now for Poté, I will take the opportunity to post a few more photos from her visit to see her mother in Thailand last Fall after well over 3½ years.

The family home is in the large village of Nong Soong, which is around a 15-minute drive from Udon Thani.

These photos are likely taken in the vicinity of the family home, and probably on November 4 :







I haven't a clue who the baby is, but Jack loves babies and little children:



♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂

As I often exclaim here in my blog, I have no idea what my blood pressure is, and I have no interest in learning its reading.

There is no ideal reading that is applicable for everyone, and a new study is proclaiming this to be so, as these two reports tell:

STATmews.com

HSIonline.com

The first article gives an incorrect link to the published study, but my own researching has found that there were four related titles published in that January 17, 2017, issue of Annals of Internal Medicine:





For some reason, only part of the 'Editorials' is there ─ a subscription is required to access the entire piece.

🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅

When I call to mind any talk of the evils of cholesterol, it is always in relation to danger to the heart and arteries. But apparently diminished cognition and dementia are also supposed to figure into it.

Well, not any longer, according to a newly-published study. These reports tell of it:

NeuroscienceNews.com

Express.co.uk

NutraIngredients.com

ScienceDaily.com

One of those reports did correctly mention that many authorities now recognize that dietary cholesterol does not raise blood levels ─ the latter mechanism is largely unrelated to how much cholesterol one is consuming. The liver actually creates most of the problem cholesterol, and does so without dietary cholesterol.

Anyway, if dietary cholesterol was indeed the major burden on heart and arteries, it would also clog up the brain and diminish cognition. As those reports on the study declare, this just does not happen ─ quite the contrary.

🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅🙅

I have previously reported on this amazing study concerning dietary magnesium, but I wanted to add this excellent report after-the-fact:

DrMicozzi.com

Of course, it was not just strokes that magnesium protected against ─ this is the first part of the study's title: Dietary magnesium intake and the risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and all-cause mortality.

Cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes...and in fact, death from all causes!

When I first learned of the study, it impressed me so much that I now take two magnesium capsules daily instead of just the one that had been my practice.

♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂♂

My wife Jack returned around 3:30 p.m. or shortly thereafter, but Poté didn't come in ─ he took off with her car. However, he now has his own car ─ a brand new model that he will be paying $300 monthly towards for the next five years.

It's sitting outside on the street. Why he is using his mother's car right now perplexes me a bit.

Jack is now busy in the kitchen again, so I had best wind up this post with a journal entry from 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

I was renting in a house located on Ninth Street, and one or two houses up from Third Avenue.

I only worked one day a week back then ─ I was a truck swamper for a New Westminster charitable organization called S.A.N.E. (Self Aid Never Ends) that was housed in a building situated on Carnarvon Street. That building no longer exists, but it was then located right about where the New Westminster SkyTrain Station now opens up onto that same street.

Today S.A.N.E. is known as Fraserside Community Services Society.

I am quite curious about that day's entry ─ just the day before, I learned that my work contract had already been terminated, and I had no idea if I was supposed to work this day and get still get paid, nor even if all of my previous January workdays would be recompensed, either. I just don't remember anymore.
FRIDAY, January 30, 1976

I got up about 6:10 a.m.

At S.A.N.E., Esther being faced with a meeting, Joe drove; my partners were a part Negro lad of 16 or 17 and young Ben, a youth I worked with once before with Gordie.

We made a 3 load move for a young fellow on 8th to 55 - 4th St. That was our deal. The dark lad got Joe to take me home later for my cheque, and I then cashed it. I couldn't see the guys, so I bought some money orders, then headed back to S.A.N.E.

I passed Verna on the sidewalk, then met Leo and a kid. Then I hit Gilles who came with me.

Young Ben revealed that the fellow we moved dropped us off a case of beer.

Esther was supposed to have discharged us for the day.

Joe & the other fellow returned, and Joe decided to take me and the dark fellow home to my place while I broke the case and bagged 4 bottles for himself.

Gilles left us to shop, insisting I see him sometime.

Here, the lad ─ who looks older than he is ─ and I drank our 4 bottles apiece, and toked a joint of his. 2 hours minimum he stayed, finally leaving with the resisted invitation I go home with him.

Besides the beer, my lunch today consisted of 2 types of crackers at S.A.N.E.

I am now through working there incentive, a cheque for which better come mid-February.

Oh, yes, after meeting Leo and tying up with Gilles, I met Took, who casually suggested we might see each other later (he owes me $10).

After I'd gone to the can to shower, Bill came; he said Cathy phoned, wanting me to go beering. He is to return about 6:30 p.m., and I'm lit enow to go just to dig that raunchy chick.

I've 4 letters to mail, 3 money orders ($5, $5, and $1); my offer for the muscle building course, a 4-issue Muscle Mag International subscription renewal, and some Weider muscle building literature; also, a $5 tithe. These I mailed on my way to Mark's with Bill.

We had supper there. Everything was going nicely. It was decided to go to the U.S., so Cathy drove Bill's car to Bellingham. She lasted quite a while before becoming miserable, this in our second and final tavern where we remained till closing.

We stopped at Denny's before crossing back, and I was bought a Dennyburger Combo. Then Cathy took us the rest of the way in the fog back to Whalley

I picked up the 2 hardcover books Mark had borrowed, leaving earlier February's Plain Truth as exchange.

Then Bill took me home, and I got to bed sometime after 4:00 a.m.

I spent about $2 in all.
All that for an expenditure of $2? Wow!

Esther St. Jean normally drove the S.A.N.E. truck ─ a blue pick-up. I am no longer sure, but Joe may have been a very large Indigenous Canadian lad.

As I have already said, I no longer remember that final day of mine at S.A.N.E., so I do not recall the other two young fellas I worked with.

After we moved some young chap in three loads, I was probably taken to the bank to cash my cheque, but the guys were gone when I was done ─ there could sometimes be a fair wait.

In my walk back to S.A.N.E. from the Royal Bank branch on Columbia Street, I first met Verna (Williams?), the gal who seemed to be managing S.A.N.E. I cannot say that I remember Leo, but he had some sort of association with S.A.N.E. ─ maybe a boyfriend or something of one of the ladies working at S.A.N.E. Many were Indigenous Canadians, as was Verna.

Gilles was a very nice French-Canadian lad whom I had gotten to know as a working partner at S.A.N.E. I sometimes wonder whatever became of him.

"Took" was another Indigenous Canadian involved with someone at S.A.N.E. 

I was not one who easily veered out of my social element, so Gilles was not likely to ever have me visit; and it was also why I did not take my visitor up on the offer to return to his place once we had each consumed four beers apiece in my room. 

My old friend William Alan Gill only lived about four or so blocks from my room. He showed up with the news that my younger brother Mark and Mark's beautiful girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther were keen on our company later that evening.

Normally I was extremely sweet on Jeanette ─ I loved her, in fact. But she did indeed have a temper or mood problem.

She and Mark were renting a home together in Whalley ─ on Bentley Road, very near to the King George Highway, and quite near to 108th Avenue.

Bill drove us there after hiked over to his bachelor suite; and following some supper with Mark and Jeanette, she took over operation of Bill's car. He had no sense of direction. 

A late evening obviously ensued once we got to Washington State. We would never be able to get back into Canada today with the amount of beer we would have swilled down there. The times were more relaxed back then.
Post a Comment