.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Friday, February 24, 2017

Fructose and an Epidemic of Liver Disease in Our Youth │ Official Recommendations Are Against Pain Relievers for Acute Lower Back Pain │ Siliq (A.K.A. Suicide Stunner) Approved for Psoriasis

It has been so good to have a day to myself here at home without any medical appointments to keep! Since February 10, I have been out everyday for at least one appointment concerning the blocked duct of my left cheek's parotid gland that had become extremely swollen and formed a large abscess.

Despite having today free, I was still eager for bed last evening, and was under the covers by 10:50 p.m. I also limited myself to just one can of strong (8% alcohol) beer that evening. It must be approaching 10 days since I have started being so sparse with my beer, but my supply must be preserved.

I think it was 7:53 a.m. this morning when I chose to rise for the day, even though I was very comfortable in bed. I was eager to get to work on a post at my Latin Impressions website that has been unfinished since commencing it back on February 3. However, there are still at least two days of work left before I can publish the post ─ maybe I won't be able to publish until Monday, but we shall see.

The opening to the infection cavity in my left cheek is still bandaged over, with a ribbon dressing packing the cavity. The outer end of that ribbon dressing weeps an incredible amount of clear fluid ─ lymph? ─ that is most annoying. Not only must I sleep with a hood over my head to soak up the fluid and keep the bedding from getting soaked; but the act of eating seems to open a floodgate of sorts, and the flow drips off onto my pants and makes them look as if my bladder gave way.

Just after 10:30 a.m., I went out to the backyard shed to try some exercising for the first time in well over two weeks. I have grown so weak! And the effort of course started the fluid flow from the wound on my cheek, dripping over my clothes and onto the floor and ground.

I took these three selfies out in the backyard when I was done the enfeebled exercise session:

 


The fleece hood I wear over my head is evident.

As you can see, there has been quite a lot of blue skies and sunshine today. Nevertheless, when I went to bed last evening, I noticed that the ground had almost been blanketed with a light cover of snow.

In venturing out into the backyard this morning, though, I discovered that it was probably hail, or else snow pellets. That heavy dusting is essentially gone now as I type these words at 3:57 p.m.

I had hoped to find the nerve to get out early this morning for some local grocery shopping. But once I was dressed with the hood on, the bandaging was all too obvious, and my nerve broke.

It is one thing to be walking the streets like this to get to ─ or home from ─ a medical appointment; it is quite another to brave a supermarket full of wondering people. I am a reclusive sort who prefers anonymity and inconspicuousness, and my present appearance does not make that possible.

I sometimes feel so downtrodden because of this betrayal of my body ─ just one more thing to keep me feeling helplessly home-bound.

I have a 10:15 a.m. appointment tomorrow morning to have the infection cavity tended ─ probably some irrigation, and further ribbon dressing packing; and the the whole will be bandaged over as shown in the above three photos.

But I am going for this someplace entirely new to me ─ and it's about a two-mile walk to get there. This Home Health Office is located right beside the Gateway SkyTrain Station: #1500 - 13401 - 108th Avenue here in Whalley.

I had been awaiting their call to book the appointment, for I would have in lieu had another one at the Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre. However, Jim Pattison no longer wants to see me because the dressings were just ancillary to the antibiotic IV drips I had been getting daily from February 10 until yesterday.

With no more need for IV antibiotics, they preferred I be taken over by this other service at Gateway.

Rather interestingly, in relation to this new service, I received a call yesterday afternoon by a woman gathering information about me, including asking questions such as how many people live in this house? ─ do we have a dog? ─ is there anyone who is alcoholic in the house? ─ and are there any firearms in the house?

Obviously they are concerned when house calls are necessary to tend a patient, but I have no intention of anyone coming here.

Before I received the appointment confirmation call, I received yet a second call ─ shortly after mid-morning today ─ from yet another woman. In all honesty, I now cannot recall what her call was all about.

The confirmation call came just ahead of 10:50 a.m. just as I was into the last of my exercises out in the backyard shed.

Anyway, this essentially catches me up on my day thus far. I sure wish that I had found the never to do that early grocery shopping ─ the pickings are rather poor, so today's first meal was more filler than anything quality.

Google has been busy putting together still another collage of photos to mark this day back in 2014 ─ I seem to have been finding them doing this every day for the past week now:


I sure am glad that we don't have that snow around here now!

Here are the three original photos ─ two of the backyard, and one of the front:




╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘╘

This should concern just about any caring parent. And even though it speaks of the States, kids everywhere tend to eat pretty much the same.

Our children are suffering an epidemic of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), and all fingers can point directly to fructose and HFCS in manufactured food products and junk food.   

These two reports tell of a study that has borne this out.

ScienceDaily.com

HSIonline.com

That second report has some advice on how to avoid these killer sweeteners that the food manufacturers refuse to do away with. Just try to keep it in mind whenever you are considering the food you buy.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Sufferers of acute and sub-acute lower back pain are no longer recommended by the American College of Physicians to use pain relievers. 

ACPonline.org

NYtimes.com

JacksDailyDose.com

I included that last reference because it does make a distinction. If acute lower back pain ─ even if the pain is not radiating out to surrounding areas ─ persists for three months or more, then I would say that it no longer qualifies as being described as acute. It has become chronic.

Find out why it's there!

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Man, I would hate to suffer from severe psoriasis! But I would research everything I could to learn of alternatives to some of the medications that are prescribed.

Here are a couple of rather alarming reports about the latest such medication:

Medscape.com

HSIonline.com

And here is where I will call it a day.
Post a Comment