.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Monday, March 13, 2017

A Complete Alzheimer's Cure? │ Why You Should Likely Be Taking Magnesium Supplements │ Dust Mite Allergy? Stay Clear of Odactra

My wife Jack showed up from Vancouver late last evening, just as I anticipated. That is to say, it was her timing that I had anticipated; I already knew that she was going to show up because she had said she would in an afternoon phone call to me.

I tried sitting up for awhile, killing time with the T.V. as I waited for her to display indication of making ready for bed. However, I finally buckled and bade her a good-night as she bustled in the kitchen, occasionally interacting with her youngest son Poté and his girlfriend who was staying the night with him.

It was 11:55 p.m. when I was at last in bed. I donned earplugs and a blindfold, for the bedroom light was left on for her.

I believe that I may have drifted off into some light slumber, but I was conscious of her at last making ready for bed; and when she was finally in it next to me, and the bedroom light off, a time-check revealed it to be 12:59 a.m.

It seemed to rain rather hard ─ even with my earplugs, I could sometimes hear the noise it was making outside. I have no idea if Jack found that disturbing or not ─ some people find the noise of rain to be most pleasant when they are warm and comfortable in their beds.

Still, there was quite a racket of it at one point when it had overrun a gutter or drainpipe at an upper level of the roof, and was pouring down onto a lower level.

I didn't manage to accrue as much sleep as was desired; and by 7:00 a.m., I was ready to get up for the day. However, right then Jack took a bathroom break, and after her return, I stalled until maybe 7:15 a.m. in order to give her a chance to perhaps sink into some sleep.

When I did at last rise, and went downstairs to make my morning's hot mug of blended instant coffee/cocoa powder, I found that no one else was home. Yet whichever of her sons was the last to leave, the front door was left unlocked.

No doubt, it is a good thing that I tend to rise early.

I got to work putting more content into the new post I have going at my Lawless Spirit website. Jack rose for the day before I had put in an average day's effort, but I stuck with it until that minimum was achieved before I called it quits and went downstairs to keep her some company as she fussed in the kitchen.

I was eventually to find that for the third consecutive Tuesday, she was cooking to take some food with her on a visit to the monks at the Thai temple (Wat Budhapanyanantarama).in Burnaby.

I failed to take note just when she left, but I am reasonably certain that it was well before 11:00 a.m. Had I not been so short on sleep, I could have exercised. Unfortunately, too, I was also quite hungry. And so I made myself a meal instead, after which I needed to take a rest in bed for awhile.

I will catch up with the exercising tomorrow. Today is a fairly special day in that Jack tends of late to only disrupt my routine once a week.

Although the rain settled down, everything is wet outside; and more rain can be expected at any time. We'll not have sunshine for a few days, I would wager.

I think that this is the start of the so-called Spring break for school kids, so I will have a week or so to freely venture forth in the daytime and not be concerned of those peak periods in the day when the throngs of students might be spreading abroad on the sidewalks. This will make any shopping excursions more convenient for me, since I have to walk everywhere.

σσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσ

Although I hope never to suffer cognitive decline through the development of something like Alzheimer's disease, I am not overly concerned about it, despite being 67 years old. And one reason for that is because I do not take medications ─ I happen to know that the worst culprits are those for lowering blood pressure, and treating depression.

Nearly a week ago, I got word of the webinar ─ now passed ─ mentioned at the end of this report:

DrMicozzi.com

I actually received a number of E-mail prompts to sign up for that free webinar, but I just did not have the interest. As I said, I am not presently concerned for myself; nor have I a loved one suffering from the mental ailment.

So I had no intention of sitting through an hour or more of some webinar that would likely turn out to be a commercial for a book or something.

Still, if I DID have somebody in my life who was in the grip of Alzheimer's disease, the information would likely be worth the investment to me.

So maybe it is to you, too ─ thus this mention.

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

Do you take a magnesium supplement? If not, you probably should:

HSIonline.com

Medscape.com

The doctor responsible for the latter report claims to take 400 milligrams of magnesium citrate daily. I presently take a 150-milligram capsule twice a day.

However, I recently blindly bought a bottle of magnesium oxide capsules that contain 500 milligrams apiece. I did not realize while buying them that this form of magnesium is harder to absorb than is the citrate type.

I will take the magnesium oxide capsules ─ one per day ─ until the supply is exhausted, and then try to remember to stick to magnesium citrate thereafter.

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

Many people who suspect that they are allergic to something in their home environment ─ and I certainly feel that I am one of them ─ may well be allergic to the dust mites in their home.

Incidentally, that most definitely includes their feces.

But should anyone take a medication for such an allergy? There is actually one recently approved by the FDA, and I bet some people might consider it. It's called Odactra.

However, if you are one such person who might consider the drug, then you had better refer to these two reports:

HSIonlime.com

FDA.gov

This March 4, 2011, article concerning dust mites at NYtimes.com may be informative for you: Who Should Worry About Dust Mites (and Who Shouldn’t).

I will also add this August 2014 article for its shiock value ─ it's from WaitButWhy.comYour Life is Worse When You Know About Dust Mites.

σσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσσ

My wife Jack got back around 4:00 p.m., and had done some shopping ─ including buying some garden plants.

When finally she got around to planting most of them out in the front yard in a light drizzle, I took these three photos ─ the first two at 4:52 p.m., and the third four minutes later:




That plot of garden is comprised mostly of thyme plants.

I hope her flowers don't go into shock, for I expect that they were kept indoors, wherever she bought them. We are hardly reaching 10º Celsius as a daytime high, and I saw on T.V. last evening that we're in for lows at night down to at least 2º Celsius this week.

Anyway, it's nearing 7:00 p.m. at present, and Jack is still fussing about in the kitchen. I was going to wait until she had left to return to Vancouver ere I completed today's post, but my younger brother Mark may well be home before she goes ─ and it will then be time for me to settle in for an evening of Android TV Box entertainment.

So... now I will close with an entry from my journal of 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster. My rather small shelter was in a house located on Ninth Street, and one or two houses up from Third Avenue.
SATURDAY, March 13, 1976

I got up about 7:15 a.m.

I did further work on Terri's letter, and at 12:30 p.m. I lied down till nearly 2:00 p.m.

I created the most tasty stew of my career; it ranks close to the best I've ever tasted. I used beef rather than chicken necks, but I didn't have much; the result is art.

I've had a boring day, and hoped that Bill would come over to invite me to TV viewing.

I'm going to try to retire at 8:00 p.m.

Well, I slept some, but was awake before midnight and couldn't seem to fall asleep; then sometime after midnight Bill knocked. 

He'd been to the drive-in with a group at Nell's, and wondered if I cared to smorgasbord tomorrow. But I convinced him otherwise. I committed him to more or less take me shopping instead.

I was hungry when he left, so made a couple beef sandwiches before heading back to bed.
The letter I was composing was to American pen-pal Terri Martin.

My old friend William Alan Gill only lived four or so blocks from my room. He was renting a bachelor suite, and had a good-sized colour T.V. with cable-vision. I only had a smaller black & white T.V., and had to rely upon its antenna for reception.

It turned out that Bill had been involved with my maternal Aunt Nell Halverson's large household off in Surrey, and a group of them had gone to a drive-in theatre. I have little doubt that they all piled into just Bill's car.
Post a Comment