.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Friday, March 24, 2017

America: Say 'No' to Enhancing CDC's Quarantine Power │ Another Study Proclaims Low-Carbohydrate Diet Is Beneficial for Type 2 Diabetics

A bedtime last evening of 11:01 p.m.; a bathroom and drinking-water break at 4:10 a.m.; and I believe that my day commenced at 6:35 a.m. I rose to find myself happily home alone.

We seem to be getting at least a little rain every day of late. It began raining last evening, and was heartily doing so when I went to bed. I rather wished that I could have lain in bed and fallen asleep with the sounds of the rain, but my youngest step-son Poté and his girlfriend had shown up just before I had called it a night.

I don't know why she always has to be squealing outbursts as she does. It's quite annoying.

I never know when someone is going to be using the bathroom right beside my bedroom.

Also, there is just too much traffic noise outside ─ even though we live in a cul-de-sac.

So it was earplugs as usual.

We've had a little rain this afternoon, too. And the day has been overcast.

I forsook exercise today. I wanted to ensure that I would get out and do some local grocery shopping at the No Frills supermarket about four blocks from my home; the store is located in the Cedar Hills shopping plaza at 96th Avenue & 128th Street here in Surrey.

I had been working on the post that I began on Wednesday at my Latin Impressions website, keeping myself mindful that the store didn't open until 9:00 a.m., and that it would be best if I tried to get there fairly early.

So I suspended the post work to get myself ready, and at 9:05 a.m. was on my way.

There were only two items that I was particularly keen on getting; but as it turned out, only one of them ─ eggs ─ was available.

Anyway, I was back home comfortably ahead of 10:00 a.m.

I walked the outing hood-free, but I did wear my hood while I was at the store. I am still uncomfortable about bearing any scrutiny of the healing wound in my left cheek ─ the result of a large abscess that formed after my left parotid gland's duct became blocked.

After I was back home, I tried to take three selfies to display what remains of the wound, but the quality of the images is not good:




I also took this frontal selfie:


Compare that to how I looked back in February at my worst before the abscess beneath the swelling had 'come to a head' and opened up:




And yes ─ I was every bit as miserable as I appeared to be.

I don't intend to remain as bearded as I am. Once it becomes possible to sit outside and start soaking up the sunshine ─ or even tanning ─ I won't have any bearded obstruction blocking the sunshine from colouring up my face.

After the shopping excursion this morning, I finished the work I wanted to put in on that post I spoke of. But by its finish, I had become so drowsy that ─ without yet even bothering to eat today ─ I sought a nap in bed. It was either that, or descend into idle preoccupation here at my computer.

There is far too much of that. Better the nap.

I'm not certain, but I don't think that I was down for even an hour. I could use another nap, but at least I'm not oppressively drowsy.

Hmm...I see that Google has now made a collage of those three selfies I took this morning after being out shopping:


≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡

If you are American, how much faith do you have in an entity like the CDC to be conservative and judicious if it is given enhanced quarantine powers that could conceivably allow it to quarantine absolutely anyone for presenting any sort of 'unhealthy' symptom?

If you have your doubts about the CDC's wisdom if they are given such power, then you need to do something very quickly ─ President Trump may be granting them that authority by month's end:

NPR.org

HSIonline.com

I don't know why that last report did not include a live link instead of text for those who might want to use the Web service to contact the White House, but this is the link for anyone wanting it: whitehouse.gov/contact.

There are still folks out there who haven't the savvy to 'copy & paste' the text to a URL into their browser's address field ─ my own brother is one such.

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ

Is there anyone still unaware that a low-carbohydrate diet is the best type for management of type 2 diabetes? Heck, I have read of people who have conquered their diabetes simply by forsaking the high-carbohydrate lifestyle.

But the mainstream still needs their studies. Here are a couple of reports on one of the latest:

ScienceDaily.com

PharmacyTimes.com

This third reference to the study is unnecessarily harsh concerning it, I think:

JacksDailyDose.com

That last report says this:
I didn’t expect the conclusion, where the researchers claimed they needed to conduct “more long-term studies” on this before they can say for sure if it REALLY works.
But even if that is true, the study also said this:
A carbohydrate restricted diet can provide a safe and effective solution for improving diabetes management and should have a place within the diabetic guidelines.
That doesn't sound at all doubtful, does it?

It also said this:
There were significant reductions or cessation of diabetic medication reported throughout the literature alongside a reduction in the psychological aspects of living with a long-term disease. It is possible that the current dietary advice may actually accelerate beta cell exhaustion with elevated blood glucose diminishing the islet cells ability to produce insulin.
So the study even criticized "current dietary advice" as being inimical to the welfare of diabetics.

I applaud them for those statements!

On a related front, another interesting piece I came across recently was this report on the intention of San Francisco mandating that outdoor advertisements for beverages like sodas and other sugary drinks will also have to proclaim that the sugar content of those beverages "contributes to obesity, diabetes, and tooth decay":

DrMicozzi.com

The descriptions in that report of the beverage industry's attempts at legal arguments to stop any such mandate reminded me of the deceit that Satan used in the Bible when he was trying to tempt Jesus Christ; or how Satan as a serpent tempted Eve in the Garden of Eden with the lie, "Ye shall not surely die."

The wile of their false tongues seeking to throw up deception at the expense of the health of the public is disgusting, for it is solely based upon profit, and is utterly inhumane.

≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡

Well, I had better close up shop for the day with my usual journal entry from 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster. I was renting in a house located on Ninth Street, and one or two houses up from Third Avenue.
WEDNESDAY, March 24, 1976

I got up at 5:00 a.m. after coughing through the entire night. It's unnatural.

I barely built up the nerve to do my laundry as a result of my continuing bad complexion; it's been raining, and I suppose this helped fortify me. Only 1 old guy intruded on my loneliness.

At the store I bought a Jack Palance TV Guide, "The Liberty Legion" in Marvel Premiere, and, in my weakness, January's Club International, whose photos were too much to resist. This fool purchase led me to discover that I did not spend $9 in Bellingham Sunday night, but only about $4.

I sure have been abusing my lousy complexion dietetically, for I overate on flour products and oily foods.

Bill came by shortly after 8:00 p.m. to borrow my typewriter for Cathy till the weekend; they'll have his car again tomorrow. Mark is as bad off as ever with his sore knee.

Aunt Georgie will be out on the weekend.

I'll bed at 9:00 p.m.
It sounds like it was a pretty bad cold.

The laundromat I had to use was (I think) on Sixth Avenue, right near the public library. If I am remembering right, its door automatically opened at 8:00 a.m., and I tried to arrive there as soon after it opened as possible in order to avoid other people.

This would have been the cover on the TV Guide that I bought that day:


The Bellingham reference related to a beer-drinking foray I made with my friend William Alan Gill, and my younger brother Mark and Mark's girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther. Back then, there were no venues open hereabouts in Canada in order to go drinking on a Sunday.

We used Bill's car because Mark & Jeanette's car had gotten demolished that weekend, and Mark had badly banged up his knee in the mishap.

Mark & Jeanette had been borrowing Bill's car during the week ─ I guess he would go over to their rented home before he had to start work, and one of them would drive him to work.

Bill must have told me about my maternal Aunt Georgina Halverson's impending visit to Surrey ─ she lived in Calgary, but my mother and another of their sisters were living in Surrey.
Post a Comment