.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Saturday, March 4, 2017

The $100,000 Challenge: Prove Mercury (Thimerosal) Is Harmless │ Morcellators: Heedlessly Risking Women's Lives │ Vitamin D for a Healthy Heart

With my younger brother Mark home last evening and in no rush to get to bed, I remained up about a half-hour later than I otherwise might have, but I still held myself to just one can of strong (8% alcohol) beer. I am now unsure just when I got to bed ─ 11:44 p.m. comes to mind, but that seems a little excessive.

Who knows, though?

My iPhone's alarm was set to 6:30 a.m., for I had a 9:00 a.m. appointment at Home Health over in the high-rise at the Gateway SkyTrain Station nearly two miles from here ─ I would be walking to that Whalley location.

For anyone who does not now know, I have of late been getting almost daily cleansing and dressing of a healing infection in my left cheek caused originally by a parotid duct obstruction that I first felt symptoms of at least as far back as February 1st. I had misdiagnosed my trouble as temporomandibular joint dysfunction, and never sought medical attention for the extremely painful and by then enormous swelling until February 10.

I have mostly recovered from the deep infection, I think; but a new ribbon dressing is still getting inserted into the infection cavity just about every day. This specific dressing is brand-named Mesalt, and is "sodium chloride impregnated" ─ I just refer to it as a saline ribbon dressing.

It is loosely packed into the infection cavity. It used to sting a fair bit when applied, but the cavity has now lost its rawness. I barely even notice when it is being inserted anymore.

Apparently the ribbon dressing has the ability to draw the infectious matter from the tissues right into itself. And up until yesterday, the ribbon dressing was always a greenish hue when extracted from the infection cavity due to the noxious matter the dressing had soaked up ─ most likely from a Pseudomonas bacteria.

As well, the end of the ribbon dressing seemed to wick out a surprisingly large quantity of clear (lymph?) fluid that would not just soak the absorbent pads covering the wound, but even start dribbling down my neck and onto my shirts, and also off the edge of my goatee onto my pants and anything else I might casually be leaning over.

Anyway, after my alarm sounded this morning, I rose and immediately sought a quick bath. I noted that an absorbent pad I had covered over the wound with last night did not seem to have been soaked like previous pads had been.

I wanted to leave for my appointment with lots of spare time so that I could walk as slowly as I desired, for my boots have been starting to bother my toes after those digits get compressed into the ends of the boots due to excessive and constant hurrying.

I am also unaccustomed to being out and walking every darned day.

Still, it was something like 8:20 a.m. before I was on my way ─ no one else in the house had gotten up.

The chill morning was quite sunny, and I felt it a shame that I had to do the hike with my head covered with a grey fleece hood in order to hide my bandaging. Sunlight ─ even Winter sunlight ─ has been discovered to have the ability to mobilize our body's T cells. This is attributed to sunlight's blue rays, and not the ultraviolet B rays that will generate vitamin D in our skin during the sunny months of the year.

I resisted any urges to hurry my pace, and it all paid off ─ I was outside of the building that was my destination by 8:44 a.m. I would still need to get to the 13th Floor, but that was essentially nothing of consequence at that point.

The nurse who tended me was Jodie ─ I had enjoyed her attentions last Saturday and Sunday, the first two days that I started visiting Home Health.

Today's session was a little more involved in that Jodie wanted to take some photographs of the wound, and to also measure its dimensions. Evidently its length and width are unchanged, but its depth is now .4 centimetres as compared to .7 last Saturday when she performed the same measurements.─ I am presuming that these are centimetres, and not some other measuring system. She never spoke the actual name of the measure being used.

The absorbent pad that I had put on following my bath was still dry ─ that is a first. And when Jodie extracted the ribbon dressing from the wound, she said that there was only a spot of greenish discharge ─ the whole ribbon had not become discolored.

This is a huge improvement. So much so, in fact, that Jodie suggested that perhaps tomorrow ─ depending on if there is even further improvement ─ an antibiotic ribbon dressing can be used instead of the saline one, and I will only need to come in for wound cleansing and dressing every other day rather than daily.

I want that! I have only had one day (February 24) free of medical appointments since I started getting all of this medical attention back on February 10, and I truly enjoyed having that day all to myself here at home.

The Gateway SkyTrain Station area is always rather busy with people, so I have never felt like pulling out my phone to take any photos.

Today, however, as I began my walk for home, I stopped a short distance along University Drive and took the following three shots of the building I had been in:




That entire elevated area stretching across 108th Avenue is where people would await the arrival of a SkyTrain ─ whether to head left towards New Westminster, or to the right to what are presently the final two stations of the line (Surrey Central Station and King George Station).

I also took these two selfies ─ one with the hood, and one without it:



With that mug, who wouldn't want to keep himself hooded?

I kept a very easy pace on the trek home ─ no need at all to rush. I think that it was something like 9:55 a.m. once I was back here.

It had still been fairly sunny, though clouds were looming. But by 11:00 a.m., it was seriously raining, with wet snow evident in the mix.

Yet by the noon-hour, it was again mainly sunny and has remained so thus far at 4:18 p.m. as I type this.

After getting home, I put in some work on the old post I am editing at my Siam-Longings website; and then around noon, I put together a hearty breakfast/lunch that I much enjoyed.

Thereafter, it was time for a nap, so I resorted to my bed for 65 minutes. Mark was gone for the day by the time I arose ─ he will probably spend the night tonight at his girlfriend Bev's home.

Shortly before 4:00 p.m., my wife Jack gave me a call from Vancouver. Apparently she plans to make an appearance here at home sometime tomorrow.

By the way ─ that meal I had earlier. Normally all of the chewing I did would have resulted in a steady drain of fluid from my wound. Yet right now, the dressing pad over it seems remarkably dry. I truly must be healing!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

The controversy over the dangers of mercury ─ as thimerosal (or thiomersal) ─ in vaccines has escalated into a major showdown. A challenge has been issued to anybody who claims that the vaccines containing mercury are harmless ─ if this can actually be demonstrated, then a reward of $100,000 will be issued to that person or group of persons.

HSIonline.com

WorldMercuryProject.org

So the next time some health authority tries to con you that thimerosal mercury in some vaccine is perfectly harmless, direct that brainiac towards this challenge so that he or she can rake in some easy money!

Yeah...right.

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

The furor over the continued use of power morcellators in surgical procedures to remove uterine fibroid tumors (by mincing them up so that the 'pulp' can be removed with just a small incision) is as heated as ever.

Women are dying because these devices are spreading previously undiagnosed cancers.

And the FDA has blood on its uncaring hands because of it.

HSIonline.com

RAPS.org

Medscape.com

No woman should undergo this procedure without being aware of this very real mortal danger.

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

If you still are unaware of just how fabulously important vitamin D is, and that most of us are getting far too little of it, I hope the following article can open your eyes:

DrMicozzi.com

The excellent article devolves into a commercial, unfortunately. However, I located the list of ingredients for the product:


There is no way that I could ever afford this product at almost $80 (U.S.) for a bottle of 30 capsules, especially when three capsules are a "serving size." That's just a 10-day supply!

My monthly pension could never sustain any expenditure like this on a consistent basis.

What I would do instead is buy the ingredients separately, if I really believed each were essential and I wanted every one of them.

I find it interesting that three servings a day would only yield 3,000 I.U.s of vitamin D3, yet the patent recommendation at that website in various of its articles is to take 10,000 I.U.s daily of vitamin D3 to optimize one's blood levels of this essential nutrient.

I have in fact started doing just that, thanks to this infection in my left cheek. But it is also thanks to the information that DrMicozzi.com has provided me. So I am not trying to disparage the website ─ quite the contrary. I frequently make reference to articles there.

It just seems odd that an article lauding vitamin D3 so highly ends up advertising a product that would only yield less than a third of the amount of vitamin D3 that the website recommends elsewhere as a daily target.

I just wish that I could find vitamin K2 supplements! The pharmacy and the supermarket I generally do my shopping at do not stock that particular vitamin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

The only good thing about this infection arising from that blocked parotid duct has been my relatively good behaviour. But I am going to require some generous help from God if I am not to succumb to sordid ways ─ I need uplifting, encouragement, and inspiration. 

It has been precisely a month (February 4) since my last lapse, and I was treading that old path this latter afternoon and early evening ere breaking from it.

Something positive, though ─ thus far, I believe that my wound has ceased noticeable drainage. The absorbent pad that Jodie applied this morning still seems to be dry, and I had that very hearty breakfast/lunch during the midday ─ there was much chewing involved, for I finished off with some hunks of drying coconut straight from the shell. 

It was a shell that I cracked open a day or two ago, and whose contents have been exposed to the ambient air here where I keep my computer. So, yes, the coconut is becoming a little dry and most certainly requires liberal chewing.

Well, it is already after 8:00 p.m. I must proofread this post, publish it, and then go downstairs to get myself some supper and enjoy some T.V. ─ and a beer.
Post a Comment