.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Sunday, March 5, 2017

The Mesentary, Lymphatic-Based Immunity, and Ageing │ More on Harmful Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles │ Women: Hormone Replacement Therapy Will NOT Protect Against Dementia

My younger brother Mark and his girlfriend Bev must have been too drunk to get along last evening, so he decided to bring his odious personality home so that anyone here could benefit from his coarse blather.

I held myself to just one can of beer, but would have stayed up to watch an episode of The Mick; but by then I had almost had my fill of the boor. When he started getting into self-pity and muttering that no one cares about his woes because I was ignoring him and trying to focus on T.V., I had finally gotten enough.

Without a word, I went upstairs, and may have been in bed by 11:15 p.m. I have no idea if he remained conscious down in the living room all by himself with total control of the T.V.

Around 2:30 a.m. I rose to use the bathroom, and was shocked to discover that it was snowing ─ we had about two inches already, judging by what I could see on the edge of our neighbour's roof roughly 12 to 18 feet beyond the bathroom window.

I am so done with snow this Winter! This new fall of the stuff was quite upsetting to me. And especially so since I had an 11:15 a.m. medical appointment at Home Health in the high-rise building attached to the Gateway SkyTrain Station here in Whalley ─ it meant a walk of almost two miles to get to the appointment.

I never seemed to manage very long blocks of sleep thereafter, and at 6:01 a.m. I decided to rise for the morning and do some work on the edit I have underway of an old post at my Siam-Longings website.

First, though, a quick bath. In preparation, I removed the absorbent pad that was covering the wound in my left cheek, and was pleased to find that there had been no drainage whatsoever. Up until and including Friday, what was probably clear lymph fluid was wicking out of the wound and easily drenching as many as three such pads a day.

I probably could have used five or six a day ─ it would at least have helped prevent the fluid running down onto my shirts, or dripping off the edge of my goatee anytime I leaned somewhat forward over anything.  

I am recovering from a large abscess that had formed after my parotid gland's duct became blocked around March 31/February 1. I resisted medical attention until February 10, by which time the pain was approaching unbearable, and the swelling was so enormous that it resembled having a very large orange or small grapefruit embedded within my cheek.

Anyway, following my bath, when I went downstairs to make my morning's mug of instant coffee, I found that my youngest step-son Poté's car was gone ─ he must have had to take away his overnighted girlfriend because she had to go to work.

Of course, he left the front door unlocked. He was to return 10 or 15 minutes after I was back upstairs.

The snow probably ceased around mid-morning, by which time we probably had about three inches.

I wanted to get in a bit of a rest before making that hike to Home Health to have my wound tended ─ a saline ribbon dressing gets removed from the infection cavity; the cavity gets irrigated; and a new ribbon dressing is stuffed into the cavity.

So around 9:45 a.m., I returned to bed. I hoped to be able to be on my way to the appointment soon after 10:30 a.m.

Well, as usual, it took longer to ready than I had anticipated, so it was at least 10:46 a.m. by then. Mark had emerged from his bedroom while I was in my own bedroom readying myself. When he went downstairs, I heard him and Poté talking.

I didn't leave without letting Mark know what I was about; and I saw that Poté's car was now gone.

Despite conditions, I made it to my appointment with just a few minutes to spare.

I had hoped that I was going to be tended by nurse Jodie, for she had cared for me yesterday and had ventured that ─ depending on how things were looking ─ maybe an antibiotic ribbon dressing could be inserted into the cavity, and my visits could be reduced to every other day until they were finally deemed unnecessary.

However, I was called in by a nurse I had not yet seen ─ this was the fourth nurse to treat me since I began making these visits to Home Health on Saturday of last weekend.

So nothing has changed. She inserted another saline ribbon dressing into the infection cavity, and I am due back tomorrow ─ the saline ribbon dressings should be removed on a daily basis, whereas an antibiotic ribbon dressing can remain in situ for a couple of days.

This was a disappointing turnabout, but at least tomorrow's appointment will be very early ─ 8:15 a.m. This will free up my day, at least.  And maybe I will get tended by Jodie.

I wanted to do some shopping at Save-On-Foods (10312 King George Boulevard), so I directed myself in that direction. I wish that I had noticed that Army Cadets were stationed inside of the store's exit, for I had no change ─ in my rush to leave home, I forgot to pocket some.

As a result, when I had paid for my shopping, I found myself face-to-face with a couple of the young cadets holding donation cans. I know it's a worthy cause, so I felt obliged to give something. And so it was that I parted with a $5 bill.

Had I noticed the young lads inside the store's only exit before I had entered the store, I would have forsaken the shopping. I cannot afford to be doling out $5 donations ─ it is why I try to remember to have some change on me.

Yesterday my brother Mark had given me a small cheque ─ the monthly expenses reconciliation that he makes. It was for $131.76. The Coast Capital Savings Credit Union building was just down the highway, over by the King George SkyTrain Station, so that was my next destination ─ I wanted to use the ATM to deposit the payment.

After making that deposit, a short distance beyond as I stood alongside the King George Boulevard, I decided to take a couple of photos of the building, with the SkyTrain station just visible beyond and to the building's left:



And then I took these two selfies ─ one while wearing my hood, and one without:



I reckon that I was home by 12:50 p.m. Mark was already gone for the afternoon. What will his condition be by this evening?

I had consumed nothing since rising at 6:01 a.m. beyond the one instant coffee to which I had only added some cream (10% butter fat), so I was definitely hungry by this time. I fixed up a hearty meal; and by the time I was finished eating it, I needed to seek some further bed time.

My wife Jack is supposed to show up sometime today from Vancouver, and I expect that she will be spending the night. I am not really expecting her until late this evening, but one never really knows.

▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌

Are you at all familiar with an abdominal structure ─ in fact, an organ ─ known as the mesentary? Considering its size, it is rather surprising that most of us have no real knowledge of it.

I am reasonably acquainted with the importance of the proper populations of gut flora that are essential to our health, but according to the following rather condensed article, the mesentary has very much to do with the intestional microbiome; and as we age, the mesentary can become diminished in its efficiency and function:

LifeSpa.com

Too much was crammed into that relatively short article. I would have liked to have seen a much more comprehensive report on the mesentary, and how best to keep it in optimal condition.

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

I believe that it was within the past three days that I included some information concerning the threat that titanium dioxide nanoparticles are coming to be perceived as.

These are particles put into foods and cosmetics ─ particles so small that they easily enter just about anywhere in the body that it's possible for anything foreign to go.

Here are a couple further reports about this:

HSIonline.com

News-Medical.net

I just don't understand why the public is not in an uproar about all of the non-food substances the Food Manufacturing Industry adds to the products that we unwittingly consume. And no matter how suspect these additives may be, the corporations refuse to quit using the damned stuff even though none of it is necessary.

I was bummed to read that these titanium dioxide nanoparticles are even present in some of the beer that is brewed and marketed.

But is mention made of that fact on the can or bottle? Of course not!

Screw the consumer, as usual.

I really do hope that there is a Hell reserved for everyone involved in cheating us of our health.

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

What does the following study report (concerning hormone replacement therapy for women) that is using information released by the University of Eastern Finland ─ the institution responsible for the study ─ say to you?

ScienceDaily.com

There is no question that the implication in that title is that hormone replacement therapy (HRT) of a duration of at least a decade may well protect against developing dementia in postmenopausal women.

Yet look at these article titles for reports that were done independently of the university-released material:

MedicalXpress.com

Consumer.HealthDay.com

The message in those two titles is entirely opposite of what the researchers have tried to declare.

Here is another that gainsays the study press release:

HealthNewsReview.org

And one more:

HSIonline.com

Any woman who only saw that very first report would likely seize upon the notion that HRT is the way to go to best avoid dementia in her later years...but it would be utter deception.

And a very dangerous one.

Incidentally ─ and this is for the guys out there who  may be struggling with suspected low testosterone levels ─ I found the following report to be quite interesting and informative, except that it is leading into a commercial to sell a book or something called The Truth About Testosterone.

The two-page article on why a testosterone prescription will do more harm than good is at TruthAboutAbs.comWhy a Testosterone Prescription Does More HARM than Good.

If you bother getting to the end of page two where the product spiel is, you will see that scare tactics are used to get you to opt in and buy the literature before a countdown timer runs out and you have to pay a considerably higher price.

I despise that sort of trickery.

But at least you may have seen the claim that d-limonene in lemons can help flush out excess estrogen that we fellas may have accumulated. I would presume that this flushing would also remove pseudo-estrogens ─ xenoestrogens ─ that abound in this age of chemistry.

We are absorbing them through our diets, toiletries that we use, and even the ink on cash receipts that we handle ─ these fake estrogens are everywhere, thanks to Man's careless and relentless push for profit at the expense of the environment and people's health.

Now, whether or not d-limonene can actually reduce our unwanted estrogen levels, I don't know. But it sure wouldn't hurt to maybe start buying organic lemons and juicing the whole fruit, peel and all!

▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌

We've been getting some light rain over the afternoon. That fall of snow should not last, nor be a problem without any freezing temperatures to create ice.

It is 6:36 p.m. at this moment. My brother Mark might arrive home at any moment from this point on. Poté has already come home ─ with his girlfriend.

I have not heard from my wife Jack, but I still expect that she will show up late this evening, around the time Mark is thinking of heading to bed for the night ─ he usually has his alarm set for 4:20 a.m. so that he can get up and ready for his day of work.

I will want to have my own alarm set for 6:20 a.m., I think. That should be just about right so that I will not have to involve myself with Poté and his girlfriend who both may be up for work early in the morning, nor my eldest step-son Tho who should be doing the same.

I will let Jack know that I need to get up early, and that will be my cue to not have to be sitting up waiting until she finally feels like going to bed. 

Have a good Monday!
Post a Comment