.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Don't Take Medication Like Advil and Aspirin for a Respiratory Infection! │ The Mainstream's Reserved Recognition of Fish Oil Benefit │ Cognition Benefits of Drinking Tea

Bedtime last night was 10:55 p.m., but I am still suffering from a night of thoroughly broken periods of sleep. Last night's first break was just ahead of midnight.

I don't know why this is happening. I had even taken a 10-mg tablet of melatonin. And I have been loyal to the evening regimen of just one can of strong (8% alcohol) beer that I adopted well back in February.

I am comfortable enough in bed; and I manage to return to sleep after each of these persistent breaks in sleep. It just doesn't seem normal for this to be happening.

Of late I seem to be having some supernatural-themed dreams, but details fade entirely away before long. I just know that such a dream did occur.

My day began prior to 6:30 a.m. I found the kitchen light on, but no one was there. I didn't even realize that my youngest step-son Poté was gone until later into the morning ─ I was alone in the house.

When I got around to starting work on the post I am putting together at my Thai-Iceland website, I tested the other website of mine that the Jetpack plugin upgrade to 4.8 yesterday morning had rendered "invisible."

As I reported yesterday, the WordPress dashboard area (as seen here) had become nothing but a white screen after I accepted the plugin upgrade, and I was ultimately forced to delete the plugin using the website's cPanel.

Later in the day, I saw notification that a newer version of Jetpack ─ version 4.8.1 ─ had been rushed to correct the problem, but I only this morning got around to checking to see if that problem website would be okay if I loaded the new version.

Well, all does seem okay.

I broke off from working on the post in order to ready myself for a local grocery shopping excursion, over to Deepu's No Frills supermarket in the Cedar Hills shopping plaza (128th Street & 96th Avenue) about four blocks away from where I live.

Although all was still quite wet outside, it had not rained for some hours, I would estimate. However, it was spitting a little during my trip to the store when I left here afoot at 10:37 a.m. It was raining during the return walk. And before noon, it was pretty much pouring rain out there.

However, the afternoon is again rain-less, and the sky even looks as if the cloud cover might break open in areas.

I also mentioned yesterday how on Tuesday my wife Jack set up a small plastic tub of cabbage and bok choy (and whatever else) in a bid to have the mix naturally ferment. She said that her mother back in Thailand makes fermented vegetables like this, and Jack herself had even done it.

But this was her first try since coming here to Canada in May 2006.

Well, she phoned me from Vancouver early this afternoon to have me taste some of the juice with a spoon. Unfortunately, I had quite recently finished eating, and that feed included some pitted dates and a banana. So when I tasted the juice, all I could taste was how salty it was ─ I could not detect any sour flavour.

Jack did use quite a lot of salt when she was mixing up the batch.

She had me return the tub to where I have it stashed and away from the prying notice of her two sons and my younger brother Mark, and she said that she might show up tomorrow to assess it.

And perhaps this is an opportune time to present further photos of a wedding Jack attended when she returned to her home town of Nong Soong last Fall to visit her mother after last seeing her in person in March 2013.

Nong Soong is maybe a 15-minute drive from the city of Udon Thani.  

I think the wedding took place in or near Nong Soong, and most likely on November 12 (2016).

This will be the third collection of photos that I will present, and we are leading off with mealtime activity ─ I recognize no one in this photo:


The fellow up front who is wearing white has a microphone ─ I think that the groom is maybe making his way to that area:



Seated here at the front in this photo are my wife Jack's mother; and the husband of Jack's oldest sister Lumpoon:


You can see the groom in his uniform, and almost at the staging area in this photo ─ it is as if he is being received by the other man dressed in white:




Such pretty young ladies!


Jack (left) is here with two members of the wedding party ─ possibly the lass in the collar may even be the bride:


As I recall, Jack had said that it was the bride who was related to her ─ a maternal relative of some description.

Is this the same gal in the collar that I speculated was the bride in the photo above?


A clearer view of the groom:




Time for the limbo by the groom?




And here I shall stop, for there are so many more photos. The next in sequence begin within the house ─ the groom must have been making his way towards the entrance. Perhaps it is the bride's home?

◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘

I sure hope that you don't take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like Advil and aspirin for every little thing like a cold or headache!

Latest research has found that having something like a cold is one of the worst times to be taking this sort of drug.

I posted about this just recently, but I want to do so once again:

ScienceDaily.com

CBC.ca

HSIonline.com

You need to keep in mind that few medical professionals have the time to be pouring over the latest medical research. They primarily rely upon the medication information provided by the pharmaceutical industry, and no drug company is likely to be drawing attention to anything like this.

ÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ

I most definitely take a good fish oil supplement ─ one derived from the oils of a "100% wild source" of "wild Alaskan salmon and fish." I don't know what the non-salmon fish are, but the point is that they are also wild, and not some nearly nutritionally useless farmed fish.

Even the mainstream medical profession is beginning to recommend fish oil, but with some reservation:

MedPageToday.com

ScienceDaily.com

HSIonline.com

Fish oil is good for more than just heart health, of course. But let's consider those naysayers who proclaim that it is wasted on the general population because the oil has not been proven to be able to prevent cardiac trouble from starting up in the first place.

I don't think there is any miracle food or supplement that can prevent heart disease in people who are eating processed and fast food garbage like heedless idiots. Nothing is going to stop heart or any other disease if one's diet is not conscientiously directed towards health and well-being.

ÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ

I wish that my wife Jack came from a strong tea-drinking background ─ something in line with her regard for rice as a daily necessity. I just can't get into regular tea-drinking ─ I have tried.

I need someone long versed in its preparation. I just can't seem to get a handle on it.

Note the findings of some of the latest research on tea-drinking ─ this is from NewMarketHealth.com:
Unless you're from England, you probably take a coffee break rather than pausing for a "spot of tea."

But some new research on the subject of tea drinking and your brain might have you reaching for some tea bags instead!

According to a new study involving Chinese seniors, tea just might be the best thing you can take to keep intact your ability to think and remember. It all has to do with some very complex bioactive compounds contained in tea leaves such as catechins and theaflavins. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects from those humble little leaves are believed to prevent damage to neurons.

According to the study's lead author, Assistant Professor Feng Lei from the National University of Singapore, the sooner you start including daily tea drinking in your diet, the better. Tea, the professor said, is a simple, inexpensive way to reduce your risk of "developing neurocognitive disorders in late life."

And he's not talking about just a tiny reduction, either, but one that was quite dramatic. According to his findings those who regularly consumed tea were able to cut their risk of Alzheimer's in half. But the results were even more amazing for those with a genetically higher risk of the disease. They were able to slash that risk by as much as 86 percent -- and all by drinking tea every day!

If you're wondering what kind of tea these people had, it didn't seem to matter -- green, black or oolong were found to be equally effective in protecting brain cells.

Other recent research has also shown the benefits that tea can have for brain health, including a British study that discovered green tea and resveratrol extracts can inhibit the clumping of amyloid proteins in the brain, what many experts believe causes the death of brain cells in those with Alzheimer's.

It looks like the only thing left to do is put the kettle on!
Here are a couple of more reports about the study:

Huffingtonpost.co.uk

TodayOnline.com
Drinking tea could cut risk of dementia: NUS [National University of Singapore]

Perhaps it may seem peculiar that I claim myself unable to prepare a cup of tea, but I stand by that claim. It simply does not seem like genuine tea to me, since I have no background as a tea brewer.

And lacking that notion of genuineness of the brew, I find myself unable to be bothered with the product (or at least, as it may come by my hand).

◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘

The evening is almost upon me, so I am going to close out now with a journal entry from 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

The tiny "suite" I was renting was in a house situated on Ninth Street, and perhaps a couple of houses up from Third Avenue.

On the day's main agenda was a 1½-hour hike out to the home of my mother Irene Dorosh who was then living in the Kennedy Heights area of Surrey.

That dear little house that she shared with her husband Alex was my main mailing address, so I shall always likely remember the address ─ 12106 - 90th Avenue. It is naught but an empty lot now.
TUESDAY, April 6, 1976

I arose about 6:45 a.m.; I've about $9 from yesterday's c. $50.

I dreamed Cathy was trying to get us alone in a crowded house so we could get into some heavy kissing; when I learned she was serious, I was excited enough. But I awoke too soon.

Some strange knocking came this morn near 8:00 a.m.; I even thought I heard a faint female voice sound my name. Peeking out the window, I saw Cathy driving off in Bill's car.

I forgot to mention I yesterday bought a pair of Star jeans listed for $6.69 at Fields; after a wash, I'll take them and have mom cut down the leg length to fit me.

I left for mom's shortly after 9:00 a.m.

At O'Farrell's I bought 5 lbs milk (Magic: $2.88) and some boiling chicken.

She wasn't home when I arrived.

I decided to give up my strict protein diet, deciding to keep protein high, but eating all manner of foods. 

It wasn't long after I'd gotten there that mom came home with Cathy, and Christine and her 3 yr old plus Pamela (Christine is the wife of the English guy Mark met at work).

My only mail was a card saying I had a parcel at Scott-Town.

Apparently Mark is going to take a first-aid course that may bring job advancement. 

Bill's on an evening shift.  

The company left by noon.

I was lent the latest Prevention by mom.

Anyway, I left near 3:30 p.m. for home while mom was enjoying the company of Sandy.

I picked up my parcel. It proved to be 4 plates to be wall-hung, with a different scene on each; winter homestead motifs, I believe. I barely remember the thing!

Bed by 9:00 p.m.
The previous day, I had the misfortune while shopping down on Columbia Street to bump into and become embroiled with an older fellow I knew as a former co-worker. Art Smith was in his early 40s, and loved to drink ─ and once he got his hooks into me, he refused to let go. As a result, I probably spent some of that money on beer that I would have preferred not to have.

My dream girl Catherine Jeanette Gunther was the girlfriend of my younger brother Mark. I just adored that young woman ─ had she only known, and wished to, she could have done anything she wanted with me.

I would never answer my door if I didn't know who was knocking ─ I didn't want the company of any but a very few people. However, they generally knew this, and would call out when they tried to visit me, and/or they had an identifying knock.

Jeanette must have failed to try hard enough to garner my notice. She had in the past brazenly knocked loudly on my window. But perhaps this Christine was with her, and Jeanette was a little reluctant to inflict the extra company upon me if I was actually home.

I have no memory now of Christine nor any English guy Mark knew back then.

The Pamela I mentioned was Jeanette's youngest of two beautiful little daughters she had.

William Alan Gill was an old friend of mine whose car Mark and Jeanette were using whenever Bill was at work, for theirs had gotten demolished in a traffic accident a couple or so weeks earlier. 

The supermarket ─ "O'Farrell's" ─ that I shopped at while on my hike to my mother's home used to be located in the Scottown or Scott Town shopping plaza at Scott Road (120th Street) & 96th Avenue. The post office I was to later pick up my parcel at was also in that shopping plaza ─ it is still at that location as part of a Pharmasave.

The Magic milk was likely at least a five-pound box or bag of skim milk powder.

When I left my mother to hike on back to my room in New Westminster, it was Sandra Halverson ─ the wife of my maternal cousin Randy Halverson ─ who had arrived and was visiting my mother.

I still have a number of collector plates boxed away in a crawlspace here beneath the house, but I have no idea if those four are included. It's too big a bother to check and see. The crawlspace is accessible from my step-sons' den area ─ not outside. 

It's interesting that I did not seem to remember much about them ─ perhaps I had pre-ordered them long before they had been crafted and then shipped to me. 

Incidentally, the Star jeans I was going to eventually wash and take to my mother to be hemmed must not have had finished legs ─ I recall that pants were quite commonly sold that way, negating the need to be of a specified or predetermined leg length. 

I think they were labeled Star jeans because of a star embroidered on one or both back pockets. They looked pretty darned cool.
Post a Comment