.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Dupixent: New Lame But Expensive Eczema Drug │ Heart Failure Patients Can Benefit from Fish Oil Supplements, but Depression Is Deadly

Madness set in and consumed me late last evening after my younger brother Mark had retired to his bedroom for the night and I had turned off the T.V. and come here upstairs to my computer.

I now forget just when it was in the a.m. that I managed to break free and get to bed, but it had robbed me of any chance of having a good day today.

I rose in the neighbourhood of 6:45 a.m., finding the light on in my step-sons' den area, but eldest step-son Tho had gone to work and Poté was still in bed. I was to later learn from Tho ─ who was home from work (for the day) during the noon-hour for whatever reason ─ that he had tried to wake Poté so that the kid would get up and go to work.

When finally Poté did get up, I don't think that he left here any earlier than around 8:45 a.m. However, I have no idea if he slept in, or had a legitimate late start. He's the stock manager ─ or maybe just the assistant stock manager, I am unsure ─ where he works.

It probably rained throughout the night, and continued on into the afternoon. It is good that I got the 40 minutes of Sun exposure that I did yesterday, seated in a chair out in the backyard early in the afternoon.

My life needs a hugely positive change ─ this ongoing daily banal drudgery that is my routine is anathematic to my emotional, spiritual, and physical well-being.

As I said, I am now not clear on just when it was that I made it to bed last night, but I know that I was in bed well under five hours. I needed a nap late this morning after I had put in a regular day's effort at compiling content into the old post that I am editing at my website My Retirement Dream. But instead of doing so ─ napping ─ I allowed the madness to return and hold me hostage for possibly a couple of hours before I again managed to break free.

It was soon thereafter that Tho was home.

I am dying within, yet despite my earnest invitations for deliverance, God persists in keeping me in the mire that is my present life's situation. Every day I keep pushing that enormous boulder up a hill as I try to derive a second income online to help free me from my burdensome debt, but it makes no difference. My days end with no reward for my labours, and the boulder is there again with each new day, waiting for me to fruitlessly push it back up the hill.

The only other scenario of rescue would be a major win in a lottery, but no such blessing has ever befallen me since I first began vainly pinning hope upon them back in the early 1970s.

But I have lamented enough upon my day and my lot, I think. I will no doubt be continuing that woeful dirge in a future post soon enough.

When my wife Jack was home from Vancouver yesterday, I had occasion to ask her some questions about the wedding that she attended last Fall when she was back in Thailand to visit her mother for the first time since early March 2013.

That Fall reunion, incidentally, is one that will take some years to pay off, I am sure.

At any rate, it was around November 12 (2016) that she attended the wedding ─ the bride was Jack's cousin. And as I have been speculating, the wedding was held in Jack's home village of Nong Soong, and more specifically at the bride's family home.

Nong Soong is maybe a 15-minute drive from the city of Udon Thani.

I have posted nearly all of the photos in recent posts ─ possibly in at least five posts over the past two or three weeks. I believe that I can finish with them in today's post.

The man nearest the camera in this first photo is Jack's brother-in-law ─ he is married to Lumpoon, the oldest of Jack's two sisters. Guests had been fed and served drinks in this area. The two men are likely watching activity where the majority of the other guests are assembled, just in front of the bride's family home:


Of course, the men may have actually just been looking at the other people opposite them at that table ─ Jack's mother, and the woman Jack has always referred to as being Jack's "sister-cousin." I actually think that Jack almost took a selfie with this photo, for it looks like her just at the left border of the photo:


This is a better look at that area just in front of the door to the bride's family home ─ I don't know who the woman is:



And now we seem to be into the house with this woman:



Would these be the equivalent of bridesmaids, I wonder?






The bride and groom are standing in the centre of the "bridesmaids" ─ the bride's hair is somewhat piled up, if she is not otherwise obvious. I don't know who the older couple that are seated are ─ parents of the bride?




And now here is Jack ─ she has snuck into the photo, and is at the bottom left:




Here the bride and groom are sandwiched between Jack and Jack's "sister-cousin":



"Sister-cousin":



And now Jack:




I have never met this young woman with the baby girl:




The little girl in the two photos above is sure a cutie!

We finish with two more people I cannot identify for you:



Returning to the present here in Surrey where I live, with the stoppage of rain, the latter afternoon has seen the cloud cover trying to break up. In fact, there have been actual sunny breaks as the afternoon winds itself down, yet I heard a chap on the radio say not to expect sunshine until at least Sunday.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

If you happen to suffer to any degree from eczema, there is apparently a medication newly approved by America's FDA that is purported to be able to help some of the sufferers.

However, the drug company making it is charging as much as or even more than most people earn as an annual salary...and as I inferred, it only helps some of the sufferers.

Here are a few reports on dupilumab, being sold under the brand name Dupixent:

NYtimes.com

STATnews.com

HSIonline.com

The Pharmaceutical Industry have the bucks to burn when it comes to PR, so don't fall for the hype.

ÒÒÒÒÒÒÒ

I just recently included some information relating to the American Heart Association recommendation of fish oil supplementation for folks who have survived a heart attack ─ yet the AHA at the same time claimed there is no evidence that such supplementation can prevent heart disease.

Here are a few further reports about this:

Heart.org

ConsumerReports.org

JacksDailyDose.com

Fish oil supplementation can definitely prevent heart disease, but not if the person taking it is eating abundantly of trans fat products that are offered in just about all fast foods, and practically anything that comes packaged in a box or wrapper that can be described as 'manufactured food.'

Too, there is the issue of the quality of the fish oil supplement. Wild fish sources ─ especially wild salmon ─ are the pinnacle.

But for those who do have heart disease, can you guess what has been proven to be the biggest causative for deaths among them?

More than anything else, it is depression that proves too much to withstand. In a study about this, fully half of the depressed heart-patients died.

Here are some reports on it:

ScienceDaily.com

MedicalNewsToday.com

DrCynthia.com

JacksDailyDose.com

ÒÒÒÒÒÒÒ

Americans who know they have some hearing problems, but cannot afford to be checked out and saddled with an expensive hearing aid, appear to be getting a break.

If you're not American but in that same boat, then read the following reports with envy:

StarTribune.com

HSIonline.com

My vision sure needs help, but I think I will likely get through life without need of a hearing aid. However, I have noticed that one ear is definitely less acute than the other when it comes to hearing. I noticed this when I started shaving my head.

I have to cover my left ear when the battery-operated razor is running by that ear, yet I can get by without doing so for the right ear.

But besides that, I've been getting more annoyed by tinnitus in the past year or so ─ both ears, of course. It just seems that more and more body parts noticeably begin to wear out the older one gets.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

Here to close out today's post is a journal entry from 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster. My wee dungeon ─ I always kept my single ground-level window covered over with black plastic and a blanket ─ was being rented in a house located on Ninth Street, and about two houses up from Third Avenue.

My ambition of the day was the 1½ hour hike out to visit my mother Irene Dorosh in the Kennedy Heights area of Surrey ─ the home she shared with her husband Alex was my main mailing address.

That little house no longer exists, but its address was 12106 - 90th Avenue.
MONDAY, April 12, 1976

I arose 5:45 a.m. I am not yet fully slept, negating the effects of short hours beginning last Friday night.

This morn, I plan to phone mom about the yogurt maker while on my way to her place; but I hope to compare it with what Hometown offers before visiting her, unless hers sounds reasonable. 

My first intention; but my sleep deficit soon persuaded me otherwise; I decided to go straight to mom's, leaving before 8:15 a.m.

My full supply of mail was a postal ad and a Western Lottery ticket.

I ate a fair amount.

About mid-day the sun came out to stay.

Phyllis dropped by for a while.

When I left for home, it was with some toilet paper and an Avon soap-on-a-rope.

In 2 weeks, I believe, mom will be going to Reno; I wish Alex were, but I don't think he is. 

At the bridge summit a series of rapid, short honks attracted my attention in time to look back and glimpse Cathy disappearing beyond the girders, seemingly with a passenger. 

A short ways more and I saw a pick-up stop, and a young guy emerged, conversing with the older driver behind. This latter then grew agitated, voices raised, and he rolled up his window as the young guy took an aggressive stance, screaming to see the man's licence. Then he went to the back of the car to read it, and took off.

Just before I reached 3rd St. I looked to a honk and saw Cathy pull up; with her was Norman. So much for my plan to go home to bed.

I joined them and we returned home with her.

After some cards, and Wendy baby-sitting, we went to the Surrey Inn; I already had 1 beer before we went out. 

We stayed quite a while, and I established myself as electronic tennis champ.

Apparently Norman brought home a 17 year old girlfriend whom he may marry.

Agitated Cathy extracted a promise from him, and me, did she take us to the Newton Inn where was Norman's car, he would go back with her to Whalley when we finished drinking there, and we would all go to pick up Bill and Mark. But Norman later hedged, and the poor girl got pretty upset. But he finally followed thru.

Cathy is to be divorced in 23 days and said she planned a party.

She was very friendly with me, and I liked her. Anyway, we three went for Bill, then stopped at the Queen's Hotel ere picking up Mark. 

But he got off work 15 minutes earlier than Cathy expected. He was pretty obviously distant. I hope Cathy never got into trouble later for her drinking out.

I was dropped off, and soon after retired. I guess it was around 1:30 a.m.

I am $1.25 poorer, 'tis all. 
Well, I certainly had very little to say about my visit at my mother's home. Phyllis ─ who had dropped by there for a visit, too ─ is my older maternal half-sister. 

It was my younger brother Mark's girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther who turned out to have my old friend Richard Norman Dearing with her. He had moved 'upcountry,' but was back visiting at the family home in Surrey.

I remember nothing of his having come back with a girlfriend! Reading that actually surprised me.

From what I can tell of the rambling narrative I made, Norman must have gone to the Newton Inn originally that day ─ it no longer exists, but as its name indicates, it was in Newton. I am guessing that he must have phoned my brother ─ Mark and Jeanette were sharing a rented home together in Whalley.

Mark was likely working at the time ─ perhaps in a mill over in Queensborough, for that is where the Queen's Hotel is (1110 Ewen Avenue).

Perhaps after getting Norman's call, Jeanette drove to Newton to hook up with him, and then brought him back to where she and Mark lived on Bentley Road, not far from the intersection of the King George Highway & 108th Avenue

I expect that after they got together, she drove him into New Westminster to try and find me, but I was still walking home from my visit with my mother. As they returned on their way to Whalley, they drove past me on the Pattullo Bridge, honking furiously.

Janette would have had no option but to keep driving on into Surrey, and then turn around and try to catch up with me ─ which she and Norman did. I was probably on Royal Avenue at Third Street when they again found me. 

And so back out to Surrey we all went.

Jeanette had two beautiful little girls. We must have socialized long enough for me to have enjoyed one beer there, and then ─ leaving the little girls in the care of my young maternal cousin Wendy Halverson ─ off the three of us went to the Surrey Inn farther over in Whalley.

It no longer exists now, either, but it was located over by the King George SkyTrain Station, and where the Coast Capital Savings headquarters now are.

After drinking there, Janette gamely took us to the Newton Inn where Norman's car had been left, and we drank there, too. But Norman almost didn't comply with his promise that he would go with us to pick up Mark from work later.

We would also be picking up my old friend William Alan Gill because it was his Vega that Mark and Jeanette were using ─ their Vega had been smashed up in a traffic accident a couple or so weeks earlier. 

Bill also worked, so it was a back-and-forth switch of the use of his car. He was employed by Royal City Foods, a cannery that used to exist almost beneath the Pattullo Bridge in New Westminster.

So I imagine that Jeanette, Norman, and I picked up Bill, and then we all went to the Queen's Hotel in Queensborough prior to continuing on to the mill to get Mark. Unfortunately, he had to wait around for us because he got off work 15 minutes earlier than Jeanette realized he would.

I now expect that it was not so much that which bothered him ─ it was just how drunk she, Norman, and I were.

Mark must have been working an afternoon / evening shift, and so got off work quite late. That would explain the a.m. hour that I was let off at my room when the others were headed back to Whalley. From there, Bill would take over his car, and drive back to the bachelor suite he was renting, perhaps four or so blocks from my room.

I was also surprised to read that Jeanette was not yet formally divorced from her husband ─ I am learning so much! 

But this post has become far too long ─ I stop now.
Post a Comment