.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Monday, May 15, 2017

Had a Drink? If So, Which State Would You Not Care to Risk Driving in? │ A Specialized B Vitamin and Diabetic Nerve Pain │ New Osteoporosis Drug to Avoid

I see that as of yesterday, I had amassed a total of 2,100 posts in this blog. I wonder how many solitary bloggers have matched that?

Nothing in the ol' AdSense account for today as yet, though. Will that token penny be showing up?

Oh, the drama!

When I went to bed last evening at 11:00 p.m., on a hunch I donned my blindfold as well as earplugs. Sometimes I can never quite be sure when my wife Jack might make an unexpected appearance from Vancouver.

I suppose sleep eventually came upon me, but then I was roused by rustlings in the darkened bedroom. Sensing that the light was still off, I took a peek at the time ─ it was 12:22 a.m., and Jack was readying for bed, and quickly into it.

I don't know how much earlier she had arrived home ─ she often gets involved in the kitchen before going to bed.

I seemed to have a typical night's sleep ─ just broken blocks. But I refrained from checking the time and making use of the bathroom during any of the wakeful periods.

Then came a point when I sensed Jack stirring about in the bedroom, and soon she had exited, closing the door. So I peeked at the time ─ it was 5:56 a.m. I correctly presumed that she had gotten up to drive her lazy eldest son Tho to the SkyTrain so that he wouldn't have to cover the measly mile himself in order to get to work out in Burnaby from here in Surrey.

I don't know if he summoned her and I did not hear it, or if she managed to keep tabs on the time on rose of her own volition.

I got up and dressed. And after the pair left, I went downstairs and made my day's first hot mug of blended instant coffee / cocoa powder. But before I got to work adding more content into the post I am working on at my Lawless Spirit website, I had a bill payment to mail ─ the payment is due on Friday.

However, before I managed to leave to walk the partial block, Jack was back home. She of course wondered to me where I was going, so I cheerily told her. And with that, I expect that she almost immediately went back to bed.

It was overcast outside, but dry. Nevertheless, light rain was to soon arrive, and more or less hang about for the day.

My youngest stepson Poté was up by the time I was back home, and he would soon leave for work. 

I did the work I wanted to get done on that Lawless Spirit post, and then I had to resort to my younger brother Mark's bedroom and lie down there on his bed to rest. I was very tired for want of adequate sleep.

I suppose that I lightly napped, for I had a recollection of dreaming about Mark ─ specifically, his drinking. I don't know if we were at a party being thrown by one of our cousins, but I did have occasion to address one of them concerning his drinking, and how he seemed to be in the grip of senility or dementia when he is drunk.

The cousin responded with considerable enthusiasm that this was indeed the state he has been evidencing in the recent couple of years, and it is of course getting worse.

By the way, I still have not mentioned to him that excessive drinking is supposed to be one contributor to the development of cataracts ─ he told me on Saturday that he had been diagnosed with the beginnings of one.

I will get around to telling him, but I won't be seeing his sober version again until Saturday morning, so there is no rush. He gets up and leaves for work well before I get up in the morning. And he never comes directly home after work ─ he always goes to a bar first to hook up with his girlfriend and his drinking buddies.

His girlfriend is a waitress in the bar.

Anyway, it was late in the morning ─ practically noon ─ when I heard Jack exit the bedroom following her return to bed for more sleep, so I rose from where I was lying on Mark's bed. But I felt quite awful. I really needed proper sleep ─ whatever state I surrendered myself to in Mark's bedroom was not at all reviving.

I finally picked up considerably after making myself a cup of black instant coffee.

At this moment it is 1:53 p.m. Jack headed away about half-an-hour or so ago to go and visit with her youngest son Poté where he works over in a sporting goods shop at Guildford. Apparently he bought her a watch as a Mother's Day gift for yesterday, and wanted to be able to give it to her.

She will be coming back here to do some cooking and whatever else, so I don't quite understand why she had to go to get her gift. The kid is off work around 3:00 p.m., I think.

Switching topics, though, here are the final photos from Jack's trip last Fall to visit her mother in Thailand ─ all of these photos below were taken in the Suvarnabhumi Airport as Jack awaited her flight to start the journey back to Canada.

She was by herself, so of course she had to take a few selfies ─ the actual date is probably November 21, 2016. She is probably only smiling for the camera ─ I expect that she was already keenly missing her mother and other loved ones, for she'll not be seeing them again anytime soon:



















┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼

I don't drive; but if I did, I know which U.S. state I would not likely choose to live in:

DrMicozzi.com

That's just too extreme. I'm surprised they don't just prohibit liquor entirely and outlaw having any level of alcohol in the blood if a person drives there.

òòòòòòò

Although I quite recently posted about the following topic concerning diabetic nerve pain, I want to do so again just for the sake of the second reference below:

ScienceDaily.com

JacksDailyDose.com

Man, I would give benfotiamine a try any day over a risky medication!

òòòòòòò

Oh, happy day! The FDA has approved a drug called abaloparatide (brand name Tymlos) to be injected once daily into an area of the abdomen "for postmenopausal women with osteoporosis at high risk for fracture due to a history of osteoporotic fracture, multiple risk factors for fracture, or patients who have not responded to or are intolerant to other available osteoporosis therapy."

Medscape.com

You can get a rundown on the drug's side-effects at both RXlist.com (Tymlos) and Drugs.com (Tymlos).

However, if you're not entirely stupid where signing up for these types of medications is concerned, then definitely check out this report:

HSIonline.com

That last reference gave some excellent alternatives, although I don't quite understand how calcium supplementation could be flogged, while magnesium was entirely overlooked. I am coming to have the belief that magnesium supplementation ─ along with vitamin K2 ─ is more important than calcium supplementation, which can actually be harmful.

┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┼

The light rain became quite serious over the afternoon.

Jack never left us until just after 6:00 p.m. to return to Vancouver; she had lots of time to enjoy communion with both of her sons, for Tho had gotten a ride home from someone where he works.

Now here to close out today's post is a journal entry from 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster. I was renting what little I had in a house located on Ninth Street, and about two houses up from Third Avenue.
SATURDAY, May 15, 1976

I slept badly half way through my night till I got up about 7:50 a.m.;  it's as if I'd been on a drunk last night in stead of eating.

I remember a disturbing dream in which I'd lost a lower right molar that was as large as 2 teeth; it sure seemed upsettingly real.

I spent the period 12:10 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. back in bed regardless of the sunshine, catching up on some rest. I could have remained longer.

I'm leaving about 2:00 p.m. for Art's place with my 2 bottles of vino; Bill yesterday said he's pick me up there around 6:00 p.m. to go to the drive-in.

Well, I had some trouble getting away with Bill, who said Cathy had dropped by his place looking for us to get us to play baseball tonight. Naturally Bill scrapped the drive-in scheme.

We took Angie to work and drove Judd (who wants me to move above Art with him) home, in turn being given various pastries and bottles of cologne.

Then we went to Mark's.

No one from Nell's responded to the game suggestion apparently, so it was decided we would go to the States. We stopped for Norman, but he wasn't home.

And thus it went. I really got lit.

Bill and I later went to Venus and I bought a large beef & onion & mushroom plus 2 coffees; we ate at Bill's.

Then I walked home.

I was too dizzy to sleep without the light, and fell asleep with it on. Bed at 5:00 a.m.
Art Smith and I had gotten to know one another when we were co-workers for a time. He was in his early 40s, and loved to drink ─ his choice purchases being Alberta-brand vodka and Villa-brand medium dry sherry.

He and his wife Angelina (Angie) ─ they had three kids ─ were renting the bottom and main part of a large house in New Westminster.

My old friend William Alan Gill was renting a bachelor suite that may have been little more than four blocks from my room.

Once I was tied up with Art, Art was generally reluctant to let loose of me. When Bill came over to pick me up, it was no longer to be taking me with him to a drive-on theatre. Instead, my younger brother Mark's girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther had stopped in at his apartment to get Bill and I involved in some baseball.

It was more likely softball, but that was a long time ago ─ memory flags (i.e., weakens).  

Anyway, when at last Bill and I got on our way, it was with Angie ─ who we were taking to her job as a waitress at the Pacific Café on Columbia Street ─ and Art's younger brother Judd (Gerald) ─ who we were taking to wherever it was that he was then in residence.

I have no memory of Judd vying to have me throw in with him to rent the upstairs of the house Art was living in. That would have been awful! I was far too private.

Besides, Art would have overrun my life to have me spend every bloody evening as his drinking company. 

And Angie ─ who was in her early 30s, and attractive enough ─ was just a little too fond of me. 

There was to be no drive-in theatre nor any ballgame for Bill and I that evening ─ not with just the four of us. The large household at my maternal Aunt Nell Halverson's home were probably already drunk and only interested in drinking ─ not a ballgame.

So the four of us instead headed across the line into the States and got drunk there ─ likely just in Blaine, but we may have gone as far as Bellingham.

Since I had been drinking earlier with Art, it's not surprising that the trip to the States to drink beer in one or more taverns had me feeling woozy by the time I was home and trying to sleep at 5:00 a.m.

And if Bill and I ate a large beef, onion, and mushroom pizza once we were back to New Westminster, then I would think I was due to have a very nasty Sunday morning once I couldn't sleep any longer.
Post a Comment