.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers

Endless

Monday, July 3, 2017

Reduce Lung Cancer Risk │ U.S. / China Agreement Brings Cooked Chicken to U.S., and American Beef and Natural Gas to China

Today's post is getting a start far too late ─ I will have to cut some corners.

I want to lead off with further complaint about my younger brother Mark's lack of control on his drinking.

I love the guy, but he's something else once he's bombed.

He was unconscious last evening at the dining table where he was sitting in the dark with a direct view of the T.V. during the time I had an episode of Fear the Walking Dead tuned in.

He was to awaken during the season finale double-episode of Once Upon a Time ─ he came into the living room where I was, closing the window blinds, and then settling into his chair. And not a minute later, was unconscious again.

He saw none of the episode.

I was beginning to think that the episode might be the series finale, but it looks as if there is to be a format change ─ the episode ended with the teaser that two years into the future, young Henry answers a knock on what might have been an apartment door, and finds a young girl there who claims to be his daughter.

This maturer Henry was being played by an entirely different actor.

Since Henry's mother Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison) is not returning for the next season, maybe they also wrote out the younger Henry of the past six years and will be using this older version.

I wish I knew when this photo of Jennifer was taken ─ wow!


Anyway, with the episode finished, I turned the T.V. over to a news channel and left Mark snoring in his chair. I went to bed quite smartly thereafter. I was later to hear him into one of his sneezing fits, even though I was wearing earplugs and was upstairs.

He is subject to these bloody annoying fits that can last five minutes, and involve a bellowing sneeze every 15 or so seconds.

They only strike him when he is drunk. And he will just sit in his chair throughout the entire duration with his eyes shut as if he is somehow still unconscious, rather than get up and go to the bathroom or someplace to deal with the problem.

It is infuriating to be sitting adjacent to the lout when something like this takes off. If I have food present, I hastily take it upstairs to my bedroom and close the door. Conversation on T.V. is impossible to entirely follow with these enormous outbursts roaring forth every quarter-minute or so.

It's actually quite disgusting.

I wish that I had the resources to purchase a really good camera to record one of these evenings of his so he could appreciate what a revolting spectacle he becomes when he drinks to this degree.

But would it matter? He would hardly sit and watch himself for three or so hours, after all; so the effort and expense of having such a recording set-up would serve little purpose.

I suppose I was in bed around 11:30 p.m. at latest. Sleep was initially delayed, but I don't think that I rose during the night to bother with the bathroom.

It may have been 6:41 a.m. when I checked the time this morning and rose for the day ─ a statutory holiday for Mark and my eldest stepson Tho. Saturday had been Canada Day, so the working day off was moved to today.

However, my youngest stepson Poté works in the retail field, so he had to go to work. He wasn't yet up when I went downstairs to make my day's first hot beverage, but he was to head on out to his car around 8:30 a.m., if I am remembering aright.

Or maybe it was 7:31 a.m.?

I no longer remember.

Mark was up well before 9:00 a.m.

I knew early on this morning that I was not likely to have normalized sufficiently to engage any exercising out in the backyard tool shed before Mark was up.

And so I steadfastly worked at compiling new content into the post I am building at my Latin Impressions website. As I reported yesterday, about four hours of such work was utterly lost when my browser crashed just after I had completed the work I wanted to add into the post that day.

That morning had been in vain. I could have instead gotten the value of a good walk!

After putting in the post work this morning, I decided to seek a nap even though I was not feeling particularly in need of one. But it was still quite early in the morning ─ maybe not quite 10:15 a.m.

The thought was that it would afford me more of the remainder of the day if I got the nap out of the way.

Mark never did nap. And late in the noon hour, he headed away for the afternoon. With no nap and this head start on any drinking, he'll be 'tits up' again this evening, I expect.

Once he had gone, I opted to at least get some tool shed exercise during the latter half of the noon-hour. I could have put in what presently constitutes a full workout, but I didn't feel that I had the time. So I settled on perhaps ⅗ of said session.

And then I got in some sunning on the backyard sundeck ─ that experience began at 1:08 p.m., and I called it quits at 2:13 p.m. There were some big clouds up there floating about, occasionally blocking the Sun for a few minutes at a stretch.

Once back inside the house, it was time to set up my first meal of the day ─ even though I did not feel especially hungry. But the longer I delayed eating, the less likely I might feel about any supper this evening.

Upon finishing my meal, I had intended to start today's post here in my blog, but I had checked my E-mails and saw one from Amazon ─ I have an Associates account with the American site. They were announcing the launch of something called OneLink ─ a feature that is supposed to allow Associates to be able to use one advertising link that will be valid for the Amazon websites in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.

But of course, it is required that any Associate taking advantage of this OneLink launch must be registered as an Associate at all three websites.  

I already have an Amazon U.K. Associate account, but I cannot access it. I have waited for about two months to get a response to a couple messages I have sent about the problem, but they just ignore me.  

So I had to turn my back on the small balance I had in my account and sign up as if I was brand new.

Then I went to the Canadian Amazon to set up an Associate account. However, even though I was at the Canadian website, the application declares that filling it out will register me as a U.S. Amazon Associate ─ which I already am, and have been for a few years!

So I had to send the Canadian Amazon a message spelling out the issue, and asking if having an American Associate account automatically has made me a Canadian Associate, too?

I do not see how it would be possible, but what else can I do? I have to wait until I hear back from someone.   

Entirely switching topics now, what do you know about lung cancer?

Perhaps I am wrong, but it seems to me that most cases strike people who do not happen to be smokers. So it is a threat that we should all keep in mind.

The following article and its information about lung cancer are very good, even if you may not appreciate the bids at the end of the article to get people to sign up for a paid subscription to the website's newsletter, or to do similar for an "anti-cancer protocol."

DrMicozzi.com

You may notice two references below the bottom of the article ─ two studies published earlier this year. They are not linked to, but if for whatever reason you may wish to peruse them, here are the actual links:


I sometimes enjoy the rants at this next website ─ this specific rant relates to a recent agreement the U.S. worked out with China whereby China would be able to send its cooked chicken to the States, and the States would in turn send China beef and natural gas:

JacksDailyDose.com

Of course, commercial U.S. poultry is nothing to rave in favour of. It seems that whenever some group decides to run an assay of such chicken, every sample is contaminated to one degree or another with very bad germs.

And even here in Canada, commercial chickens probably never see the light of day until they are sent off to be slaughtered. But many chicken farms do their own slaughtering right there in the barns.

And how is it that we keep hearing about sadistic actions by employees at these places? Do the dregs of humanity sign up for these jobs?

We haven't even touched upon the antibiotics and other drugs that go into these poor birds at factory chicken farms, nor the diseases and physical deformities so many of them have. 

Anyway, if you care to see a simple news report about the U.S. / China trade arrangement, there is one here:

ChicagoTribune.com

I must rush to a close!

And here to do it with is a journal entry of mine from 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

I was renting the small unit in a private home located on Ninth Street, and about two houses up  from Third Avenue.

My bedtime had been 2:00 a.m. the night before. 
SATURDAY, July 3, 1976

I got up about 9:00 a.m.

My breakfast was one of my apple pies with yogurt.

It's a clouded, sometimes wet, day, and I'm going to take my supper-to-be over and break into Mark's for some colour TV watching.

I really am putting on some fat.

Anyway, I've an hour to make it in time for 3 o'clock and The Outer Limits.

I made it, arriving just after the start of a light shower; but my show wasn't on till 4:00 p.m.

I found $2 on my way there!

I enjoyed myself, and bathed, and felt very shattered when it was time to leave at 11:00 p.m.

I jogged all the way from the bottom of the hill in rain.

Yesterday I forgot to mention that I bought a $1 Legion draw ticket from mom for an August 14 in Ontario.

My bedtime tonight is 12:10 a.m.
I was baking my own apple pies from scratch.

My brother Mark and his girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther had gone camping for the weekend at a certain Ross Lake, which was probably a drive of about two hours to the east. 

They were renting a home together located on Bentley Road in Whalley. I had access to a key, so I wasn't exactly breaking in when I hoofed it there from my room ─ I just hadn't been invited.

I think they had both colour T.V. and cablevision. At best, I might have had a fairly small black & white model with just its built-in antenna.

My jog home must have been commenced very near to 128th Street / Bridgeview Drive ─ not too much of a run.
Post a Comment