.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers


Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Sexy Dren (of the Movie Splice)

My younger brother Mark's company was tolerable for a second consecutive evening yesterday.

Unfortunately, I never made it to bed until well beyond midnight.  I can blame my two step-sons for that.

First, eldest step-son Tho just had to have that second shower of the day right around the time I would have turned off the T.V.  It is as if he is prescient, and deliberately preempts my intentions.

As it happens, I had not micturated since maybe 7:30 p.m., and by that time of the evening I had consumed a couple of ounces of dark rum, and three cans of strong (8% alcohol) beer.

It became impossible to wait for him to finish whatever it is that he does in the bathroom.  It can easily take him what seems an hour to vacate that wee room.

I could not use the downstairs toilet because it is located in the boys' den area where youngest step-son Pote sleeps, and he was there with his girlfriend for the second damned night.

So I actually had to go outside to relieve myself.

What is especially galling for me is that during the workweek, he has his first shower at some point after he gets home from work.  And for whatever reason ─ even if that shower is rather late, and he doesn't take it until around 7:00 p.m. ─ he will STILL have that second shower four or so hours later!

Yet in the nearly three years that he has been working, he has never offered to pay anything towards the monthly house mortgage, nor any of the other bills related to utilities.

But he'll darned near empty out a tank of hot water for a shower.

And cause me the consternation that he did last night.

After getting my relief outside, I was tuned into a commercial-free movie I had never before seen:  Splice.

I became hooked.

The subject of a genetic experiment gone wrong that was named Dren enchanted me with her innocence ─ actress Delphine Chanéac made for a stunningly beautiful alien-like female.

I could only lament that her 'parents' betrayed her innocence ─ her trust and love became fury, and the downfall of them all.

The scene where adult Dren was introduced to music and danced with her 'father' was so lovely:

Dren was ready to yield to her feelings, but her 'father' somehow resurrected the moral strength to tear away and betake himself from the temptation.

However, he did later yield in another scene, and his wife caught them in the aftermath of their bliss:

The movie was scheduled to run until 12:10 a.m., so I sat and watched it all.

And then I had my usual nightly wind-up here at my computer involving a final check-up and review of E-mails that had accumulated in my Inbox.

And that was when youngest step-son Pote took it upon himself to occupy the bathroom, but at least he did not shower ─ it must have only been a bowel evacuation.

It may have been 12:22 a.m. by the time I was in bed.

I think my first break in sleep was no later than 3:30 a.m.; a bathroom break was taken advantage of, and then broken sleep characterized the remainder of my night.

I rose for the day around 7:15 a.m.

It seemed like it might have recently rained lightly, but a closer check revealed that it had not.

Tho had gone to work, but Pote was still in bed with his girlfriend.

And so it was that I had to endure a second consecutive day of not just his presence here in the house, but hers as well.

She's been here since very early Monday evening.

However, I think that Pote must use his brother's car once Tho is home, and take her back to her family home so that she can get a clothing change and even have a shower ─ she sure isn't doing that here.

It's bad enough that she practically lives here ─ if she's going to start showering, then Pote can start paying a monthly rent.

A cloud-spattered sky was by midday to become mostly sunny.  Heck, I could have sunbathed on the backyard sundeck had I been home alone.

Instead, all I did was sit barefooted in a chair out in the backyard and face towards the Sun for 40 minutes.  I was fully clothed, so it was very warm indeed.

Concerning my morning, I worked on the new post that I had begun on Sunday at my Latin Impressions website. 

I thought to leave some top-up work for the morrow, but in the end I opted to buckle right down and finish the post, getting it published very late in the morning:  Bloodhound Gang II.


I was reading today that many Californians are finally uniting to overturn a Senate Bill that had declared vaccinations to be mandatory for school children ─ disobedience by any parents meant that without exception, their child would be unable to attend school.

The Senate Bill 277 had been pushed through last year by Senator Richard Pan ─ someone who is being identified as a 'Big Pharma puppet.'

Apparently no one in the California Legislature in 2014 matched him for receipt of pharmaceutical industry payouts, so he bloody well serves that industry ─ not the people.

Here is a great overview of current legal action being taken by advocates of parents' freedom to decide whether or not to have their own child or children vaccinated:

There's a link to "SB277 Court Docs," the first of which is listed as this:  Filed July 1st, 2106 – Original Complaint  – Whitlow Complaint 7-1-16 (3).   

The .pdf document was a little slow to download, but an alternate identical document at edu4allnow.org downloaded much quicker for me.


I've always hated that we cannot easily be exposed to really good songs from other countries ─ at least, my radio only plays English-language hits by well-known English-speaking artists.

It's tedious, really.

I was reminded of that several weeks ago when I came across a video by a Malaysian man named Izwan Pilus ─ this Wikipedia report on him is quite atrocious, but you can read that the singer died  of leptospirosis on January 21, 2012, at the age of 32.

The video I saw of his was his performance of Kenbali Senyum (this link will open the video full-screen into a new browser):

My wife Jack told me last year that she lost either a close friend or else a cousin to leptospirosis back in Thailand.


And here I think I will close off with an entry from my journal of 41 years ago when I was 25 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

My room was being rented in a house located on Ninth Street at Third Avenue, but for the past several days I had been sleeping at the home of my younger brother Mark and his girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther.

The two of them were renting a home located on Bentley Road in Whalley ─ I remember the house as being situated fairly near to 108th Avenue & King George Highway. 

However, they had gone on a trip to the Edmonton area, and needed me to tend to their German shepherd Daboda.
SUNDAY, July 20, 1975

I got up about 7:45 a.m.

Outside there is mostly cloud this morn, but quite a lot of blue sky as well.

The phone rang, and after it finished, I called mom; she hadn't called; tomorrow she and Alex are going east for 2 weeks, so after Mark and Cathy get back, I'll be spending most of my time over there.

The day fast developed to one of sunshine.

I walked to town, leaving Bill a note outlining my intention to launder.

And after laundering, I ate half a mix of pancakes, taking the cooked remaining half with me.  

I left, and altered Bill's note, saying I would go to mom's, then home to Mark's.  I set off, mailing an entry to the Colgate Lindal Home Contest. 

As it developed, mom & Alex wished to borrow my camera for their trip, so I was given a ride to Mark's.

They left thereafter, and I finished off my pancakes.

Mail over at mom's was a Good News magazine.

I was conscious of today's caloric intake.

Then at 6:00 p.m. Bill showed.  We toked a large joint, then had 6 bottles of beer.

Next we cruised, finally buying a bucket of Kentucky chicken ($6.95) and a quart of Almond Dutch Chocolate ice-cream ($1.35?).  I contributed $4.

These excesses must cease!

Bed at 12:05 a.m.
I wouldn't have answered the phone, since the calls would most likely be for Mark or Jeanette.  But I phoned my mother Irene Dorosh just to be certain that it was not her.

She and her husband Alex were living in the Kennedy Heights area of Surrey.  The house is now gone, but its address was 12106 - 90th Avenue.

My old friend William Alan Gill lived in New Westminster, and we usually had some sort of weekend association ─  it might be just to go to the laundromat together, for he had a car.

So I walked to New Westminster, and left a note for him ─ probably on his car.

I laundered alone, and then came back to my room for a breakfast of pancakes.  I doubt that it was a packaged mix ─ I likely meant my own special blend of various flours and whatever else.

Now it was time to hike out to my mother's home ─ I used to get in so darned much walking!  From where I lived, it would take about 1½ hours to reach her home, traveling at a goodly pace.

Her home was my main mailing address, but all I had awaiting me was the latest free issue of The Good News.

Since my mother and Alex wanted to use my camera on their trip, I was saved a further walk of about 4¼ miles to get back to Mark's home.

Bill finally hooked up with me there early in the evening.  I don't know where we would have driven after smoking the big joint and drinking the beer, but we were to have quite a feed thereafter.

All in all, it was a pretty quiet Saturday night, from the sound of it.
Post a Comment