.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers


Thursday, August 11, 2016

Some Heidi Klum Intimates® Images │ Medical Device Salesmen Deeply Influence Surgeons

Although I got to bed comfortably before midnight last night, I suspect that it may well not be the case tonight ─ I seem to recollect that on Monday my wife Jack said that she would  pay another visit home here in Surrey from Vancouver once Mango Thai Restaurant closes at 10:00 p.m. this evening and gets cleaned up afterwards.

Last evening was the first time since Sunday evening ─ when I began watching the Rio Olympics ─ that I actually forgot to check the T.V. guide to see if there was anything on at 8:00 p.m. that I would normally otherwise have watched.

It was around 9:15 p.m. when that realization struck me.

I had only begun watching the competitions at 8:00 p.m. on Sunday because none of my usual shows were being telecast.

There was nothing else to watch on Monday and Tuesday, either.

But I had become so engrossed in the games that last evening, I never even checked to see if one of my usual programmes was playing.

I haven't been watching coverage during the daytime ─ just whatever if being presented by the CBC and NBC from 8:00 p.m. onward.  I flip back and forth, depending upon what one station is covering.

Sure, the CBC focuses on Canadian competitors, while NBC does the same for American athletes; but that doesn't mean that the CBC's coverage cannot become rather boring or uninteresting sometimes.

And anytime one station has a commercial break, I'm over to the other station.

I have to admit that I'm curious about seeing Australia's Michelle Jenneke perform in the hurdles ─ I am one of those who was blown away by her warm-up dance at a hurdles competition back in 2012.  It's one of my favourite video clips to watch.

According to dailymail.co.uk, she competes on August 17 ─ next Wednesday:  Australian hurdler Michelle Jenneke wows fans with Instagram snaps

I'll be watching!

My youngest step-son Pote was up this morning when I got up for the day ─ his girlfriend had spent the night again, and he had earlier escorted her away, for she works somewhere.  They both have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off work.

He remained up, even though he was to have to leave shortly after 1:00 p.m. for his bus to Guildford where he works.

I was reasonably pleased with the amount of work I got accomplished this morning at my new post begun yesterday at my website Amatsu Okiya, but I won't have the post finished and published until at least Saturday.

It's been a beautiful, sunny day ─ I could not pass up sunning.  It seems like it's been about a month since I last stretched out on the backyard sundeck in just a pair of brief shorts.

Beginning at 12:26 p.m., I put in just over an hour of sunbathing.

It was very breezy, so that kept the heat subdued.  However, tomorrow is expected to be considerably hotter.

I hope to be back out there in the afternoon if my wife Jack does not stay the night tonight.


Some weeks ago, I posted the video that Heidi Klum made to promote her Heiki Klum Intimates™ lingerie.  She turned 43 on June 1st, but she was at least as young as 42 when she made the commercial.

Here it is again:

I couldn't resist recently making some screen captures from that video ─ let's face it, she's really hot!


If you are ever faced with surgery that will involve any kind of medical device ─ and surely most surgeries must, I would think ─ you might want to find out as much as you can about your surgeon and his familiarity and expertise with the surgery you will be undergoing.

An investigation has revealed that sales representatives for medical devices "have become an integral part of operating room personnel."

Just as pharmaceutical sales representatives quite easily influence many physicians in the prescriptions those doctors make ─ and also minimize the awareness that the doctors have of medication dangers ─ medical device sales representatives work similarly.

Often, medical devices that have not been properly tested become employed by surgeons in various procedures, and such procedures themselves can be costlier to the patient because of the expensive device being used.

Surgeons can become so seriously influenced by a specific medical device sales representative that the surgeons actually practice brand loyalty.

Now imagine this:
Surgeons ally more closely with device representatives than with hospital representatives. Indeed, this dynamic was decried by a hospital vice-president as an “incestuous bucket of worms” that challenges hospital attempts to standardize the product selection process in order to reduce the costs of physician preference items. Device reps play an active role in surgery. An anonymous web-based survey of 43 healthcare industry representatives found that 88% (38 of 43) provided verbal instruction to a surgical team during a surgery, and 21% (nine of 43) had direct physical contact with a surgical team or patient during a surgery. More than a third (16 of 43) had participated in a surgery in which they felt that their involvement was excessive.
Remember, these sales representatives are just salesmen ─ they are not medically trained professionals.  Yet here they are, guiding and advising ─ and sometimes even being physically involved with the unconscious patient.

How would you like a salesman 'getting his hands dirty' as he involves himself in your surgery?

That may not be commonplace, by any means.  But the investigation found that in some surgeries, the device representative essentially directs the steps to be taken during the surgery.

This is how influential these salespeople can become to surgeons, creating genuine partnerships.

The report about this is quite extensive, so I will just refer you to it and leave it with you to pursue ─ as I said, keep yourself or a loved one in mind if there is an upcoming surgery ahead, and research the surgeon to the best of your ability:

This was the advice from NewMarketHealth.com:
It all boils down to picking and choosing your surgeon carefully. Make sure he's done your particular procedure many, many times and knows how to do it from start to finish -- without the help of a guy who might just as easily be selling used cars.

Now here to close today's post is an entry from my journal of 41 years ago when I was 25 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

I was renting my room in a house located on Ninth Street at Third Avenue.

The evening before, my old friend William Alan Gill and I had gotten drunk at the Whalley home of my younger brother Mark and his girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther ─ we drank a jug of white wine that I had acquired on Saturday.

Bill never got us back to New Westminster until late ─ my bedtime was reportedly 2:40 a.m.
MONDAY, August 11, 1975

I awoke shortly after 7:30 a.m. and nearly remained in that state; but I convinced myself to seek more slumber, not arising till long past 10:00 a.m.

I had a lovely dream in which I was into some really heavy kissing with some pretty slim girl.

Before this I dreamed another in which, while awaiting a bus with others on a hill that could have been the one of 6th St. above Columbia, I spearheaded an attack on a group of many juvenile vandals who, after making a mess of lower 6th St., began to damage the parking ramp situation.

While I was drying after my shower (drying my hair), someone knocked; sound led me to believe it was a young female.  I later came to wonder if it could have been Cathy, who yesterday said she had today to go into Vancouver.

I decided to sun today, but before prepared, Bill, as last night suggested, came over to treat me to the smorgasbord.  

But first we delivered his films (containing our camping shots of a bathing suited luscious Cathy) to the drug store.

Lots of girls out today.

He bought us a vodka to go with our meal.

Heading for the Blue Bird where he bought me a ginger ale (low calorie), we saw Art hoofing toward Woodward's along 8th St. & 6th Ave.  Probably he was here.

It seems I can't escape eating excessively or circumstances depriving me of good sunning weather.

I was able to obtain some sleep.

At 10:00 p.m. I left for my 11 laps.

A fellow was there when I arrived, but he was nearly finished.  After he left, another and then another guy arrived, both of whom I passed once.

There was an apparently lovely girl who showed up for a couple slow laps; I passed her 2 or 3 times; in fact, between us guys passing her, and the peanut gallery that collected at one point, I feel she may have left dispiritedly.  

She had long, light-coloured hair, wore a red sweat shirt, and had on a pair of white shorts that barely covered her bottom and which well offset her deeply tanned legs.  She made me wistful for female companionship.

Bedtime shall be 11:30 p.m. 
I rarely answered knocks upon my door if I had no idea who it was.  People close to me knew this, and either used a special knock; or else they would call out to me.

It would have just been my ill luck that the attempted visitor was my brother Mark's girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther calling to invite me to accompany her into Vancouver ─ I was dreadfully sweet on her, and would have gladly gone along.

My old friend Bill had both a special knock, and in addition he would habitually call out to me.

He had come to take me to the smorgasbord that used to be located in a shopping plaza at McBride Boulevard & Eighth Avenue in New Westminster.

The film he sent for developing included photos of Jeanette ("Cathy") from a camping trip we all shared in at Chilliwack River two or three weekends earlier ─ Jeanette had donned a bikini and I was utterly gobsmacked by how beautifully formed the young woman was, despite being the mother of two young girls.

I dearly wish that I had those photos today.

Anyway, because I seldom ate all that well due to limited resources, whenever I was confronted with something like a smorgasbord I would eat myself into virtual incapacity.  That was why I was later to sleep some more.

I have mentioned "the Blue Bird" store several times in fairly recent journal entries, but I have no memory of the business.  It was Art Smith that Bill and I saw walking towards Woodward's department store, which used to be located where the Royal City Centre Mall is now on Sixth Avenue (and between Sixth and Eighth Streets).

Art was in his early 40s, and we had gotten to be friends after working together at a New Westminster charitable organization called S.A.N.E. (Self Aid Never Ends).

It would have been most unusual for him to have walked this far from where he lived in New Westminster ─ he was somewhat portly, and always drove everywhere.

Anyway, Bill finally dropped me off at home, and I had to sleep off the huge meal.

The laps I later ran were at the school track at New Westminster Secondary.  I would of course only go there late enough at night that no students from the school would likely be there.

I was becoming a decent runner, and that was to really take shape in later years. 

I feel bad reading about the poor girl who came to run if she truly did leave in a state of dejection.  It's bad enough getting lapped consistently by three guys, but to have it witnessed by a "peanut gallery" that had gathered would have been even worse.

I would have loved to have been encouraging to her, and even have run with her had she wanted the accompaniment.  However, I was dreadfully backward where girls were concerned, and could never have approached her.
Post a Comment