.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers


Tuesday, August 16, 2016

"The scariest thing I've ever woken up to..."

Although I do not recall the exact time it was, I know that I was in bed last evening ahead of midnight.

And my first serious break in sleep was in the neighbourhood of 4:00 a.m. ─ as usual, I took advantage for a bathroom break and drink of water.

The characteristic fragmented sleep then ensued until I finally decided to get up around 7:15 a.m.

It's another sunny day.

Pote and his girlfriend are spending the day together ─ they both have Tuesday and Wednesday off work.  She of course slept with him here last night, and will be doing so again tonight.

What did I marry into?

I put in quite a lot of work on the post I began yesterday at my Lawless Spirit website, but I will be fortunate to have it finished and published by Friday, I think.

My wife Jack phoned me around midday to learn whether the Pattullo Bridge was open today, for she said that she would be coming home from Vancouver.  So I let her know that the next posted closure for rehabilitation work will be tonight from 8:00 p.m.

It is my understanding that Mango Thai Restaurant will as of today be under new ownership, so I cannot even say how long the website will remain online ─ unless it is part of the sale transfer.

And what is to take place with Jack home full-time now is even more of a mystery to me.  One thing I am hoping is that she fast gets tired of Pote's girlfriend being here all the bloody time.

However, that would require Jack to actually be home.

As for employment, she has said that she could work for her friend Fanta, who owns a Thai restaurant in Langley.

I just want her to be completely done with hanging around downtown in Vancouver.

Soon after my conversation with Jack, both Pote and his girlfriend ─ who had risen awhile earlier ─ each had a shower; and then they left the house for somewhere.

I donned a pair of cut-offs and went out into the backyard to sit in a chair on the lawn, facing into the Sun.  I was barefooted and topless, of course, and spent 40 minutes out there from 1:08 p.m.

And that rather catches me up, for at this moment it is just 2:24 p.m.

By the way, my younger brother Mark and his girlfriend Bev are supposed to go away for the weekend camping somewhere.  He isn't thrilled about it, and is merely complying with Bev's wishes.

He will be taking Friday off work, so it will be an unpaid day (he is a self-employed cargo truck driver).


Have you seen the video that David James Weale recorded of a bear prowling about just outside his tent in British Columbia's Capilano River Regional Park?

The video is over 14 minutes long ─ a great title:

The scariest thing I've ever woken up to...

Sure, David made some mistakes ─ the bear clearly smelled food in the tent.  However, I bet David wasn't expecting the sorts of responses the video got at YouTube.

Here's what one woman commented:
h e was very lucky .next time he wont be..he is a idiot.
Why do so many commenters appear to be having difficulty with literacy?
Maybe he'll disable comments ─ or even make the video private, which would be a shame.


I have an old photo I want to post ─ it's from an album belonging to my younger brother Mark.

I scanned the image directly from the album into which the photo is glued, and the description beneath the photo is from the Google album where I have the scanned image stored:

This photo is likely from 1974, and was taken at the Surrey home my younger brother Mark rented with his girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther and her two young daughters.

It is so long ago now, but I think the house may have been located along 144th Street, above 108th Avenue.

I remember that the rather deep ravine of a creek was at the rear of the backyard; and the only creek I can see on any Google map is Bon Accord Creek.

It is difficult to state precisely what is going on in this photo, but my suspicion is that a role-playing game is taking place.

This is Mary, the female half of a couple I only knew as Bob & Mary.

My wife Jack arrived home no later than 2:45 p.m., so I am having to close off early today.

And I do so with this entry from my journal of 41 years ago when I was 25 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

The house I was renting in was located on Ninth Street at Third Avenue.

I had not gotten to bed the night before until about 3:15 a.m.  
SATURDAY, August 16, 1975

As for further sleep, things were never the same. 
I finally got up at 7:00 a.m. ending a series of episodes concerning a bar with lots of attentive nudes, and bad times for Mark there from Cathy.  Earlier, I dreamed of standing in a rain at night roadside.  A car stopped in front of me, and I could see a female giving me the eye.  I did nothing but look somewhat pathetic.  She wrongly assumed I wanted a ride, tho I forget why I was there.  She pulled into a drive-way right next to me, stopping; I plucked up my courage and walked over to her window.  Two other girls were within.  The events aren't clear, but we messed some; then ended up in the above bar.  I got hold of Mark (I seemed to be awaiting him), and he joined us, after praising me.  A blonde was excellent, a brunette pretty good, and the third girl not so hot.  At one point a previously mild older dude tossed a dime on the table insinuating the girls were cheap.  Mark tangled, and tho I ineffectually tried to reach them thru the crowd, Mark's ego got beaten up as did he.

So much for my nutty dream.  I haven't had a good sex dream for months. 

It will likely be overcast all day, and in fact is doing some raining, quite heavily this morn.

My eyes are letting me know I've underslept.

I am going to leave a note for Bill and head off for mom's.

Or so I thought; the rain scared me off.

David last day wished Bill & I to check with him today and see if he cares to attend the smorgasbord.

Well, we all 3 went.  

I ate prodigiously, tho David was piggish.  He slopped the cottage cheese about the tray; he removed a brazen knob and tube from a light fixture and propelled them within notice of the hosts; he was loud and foolish, and never ate half his meal selection.

Bill & I were so humiliated we may not return for 1 month.

Bill expressed interest in attending a fantasy & horror convention this fall in Rhode Island.

David censured me for leaving 2 Penthouses with him Friday; he already destroyed one for the act it induced him to perform.

After a nap, just after 7:30 p.m. I succumbed to the same impulse:  August's Marguerite Cordier; the 6th was my last falling.

Bed about 11:10 p.m.
It was my younger brother Mark who figured largely into that dream; and "Cathy" was his beautiful girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther.  If Jeanette  knew Mark was in a 'nudie bar,' she would indeed have been very angry with him.

My old friend William Alan Gill would often drive over from his bachelor suite elsewhere in New Westminster, and we would attend an excellent smorgasbord that was then located in a shopping plaza at Eighth Avenue & McBride Boulevard in New Westminster.

Another old friend of mine who was then also living in a room in New Westminster was Philip David Prince.  I must have been feeling a little guilty for ducking David for as long as I had recently been doing, but I just didn't like having him visit me ─ he would never leave, and I would have to curb whatever activities I would otherwise have engaged myself with, such as exercising or reading.

And I seldom felt like going and visiting him ─ he had no T.V., and it could get downright boring.

Consequently, I suppose this is why I imposed upon Bill to include David in the visit to the smorgasbord. 

Now that I have read of David's conduct at the smorgasbord, I full well remember why I so often avoided him.  He earned and deserved the shunning. 

I don't think I need to explain anything about the Penthouse magazines ─ not what "act" one of them tempted David to perform, nor a similar indulgence I fell prey to following the nap I was to have once I was back at my room.  I usually needed to nap or at least lie-down to recover from those feeds at the smorgasbord.

Reportedly my last such dissolute passage of time with a pornographic magazine was back on August 6. 

Bill never was to go to Rhode Island to attend the first-ever World Fantasy Convention, but I know that if I could have afforded to go, then he certainly would have gone ─ he would never have holidayed by himself.

Bill was a huge H.P. Lovecraft fan. 

But enough reminiscing.  

My wife Jack never remained home.  

She left around 5:15 p.m. to return to Vancouver, and said that she would likely return on Thursday. 

I have no idea what's going on.

But at least I know that she is indeed finished with Mango Thai Restaurant.  She said that she thinks the new owners are going to change it into a Chinese restaurant.

She also said that she and other Mango Thai staff had been letting loyal regulars know of the Mango Thai's demise, and at least one regular couple who had been visiting loyally once a week got tearful at the bad news. 
Post a Comment