.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers


Friday, October 28, 2016

Gout, Heart Attack, and Allopurinol │ Monsanto's Glyphosate Now Identified in Baby Food │ Organic Farming Can Save the Planet

For whatever reason, this has been an 'off' day for me.  I just haven't felt up to snuff.

I went to bed reasonably enough last night ─ it was 11:55 p.m.  And after my first break in sleep, I used the bathroom at 4:22 a.m.

By around 7:32 a.m., I checked the time because I had found sleep to be far too elusive, and so I rose for the day.

At least I finished and published the rather boring post I've been working on at my Thai-Iceland website:  Hutch Thailand CDMA.

I had wanted to get out to do some local grocery shopping, but that was not going to happen.

Possibly if the day had been on the stormy side, I might have felt more like running the errand.  But today has been marked with more sunshine than we have experienced for at least a couple of weeks ─ maybe all the month.

My wife Jack left this past Monday evening on her flight to Thailand, but it seems that neither of her two sons has yet heard from her.  During the noon-hour, her youngest son Pote asked me if she had left me some means of contacting her, but all she did was add her mother's home phone to my 'Contacts.'

I had thought that she had also downloaded some 'app' onto my phone to facilitate calling to there.

Pote said that she had also added that phone number to his 'Contacts,' but she also downloaded some sort of 'app' that he cannot figure out to use to make a call.

I could always buy one of those international long-distance cards that provide a PIN number to dial, but I would only use it with our house phone (landline).  However, I have no intention of doing so.  Jack's mother doesn't speak English, and I do not feel like phoning and having to deal with the absence of understanding, since I do not speak Thai.

So unless Jack gets the chance to use someone's laptop or PC over there to phone one of us via Skype, I reckon we'll be waiting until she is back on November 21st ere sharing a conversation with her.

Pote has been using his older brother Tho's car ─ I think he has gone out three times with it, but apparently not to go to work.  Tho ─ under a driving suspension ─ got home from  his job towards 2:30 p.m.

If he used public transportation, then he definitely had himself another shortened workday.

With Jack away, I am faced with paying the latest billings for my credit card, plus the four that she uses.  I just hope that I can cover something a little better than the minimum payments on them all, and still be able to meet the $1,600 monthly mortgage that will be getting debited from our chequing account quite late next month.

I have found it needful to lie down a few times today to rest my troublesome eyes.

No, it is not a very good day for me.  I was even feeling lonely for a time.


I have never suffered from gout, nor do I know of anyone who has; but I know that it is no joke.

However, neither is a medication called allopurinol that is prescribed for gout treatment, but which pharmaceutical researchers want to start flogging as possibly lowering the risk of heart attack:

Well, take a gander at the drug's risks as enumerated at Drugs.comAllopurinol Side Effects.  

The page goes on and on, but notice that very first side-effect:
More frequently reported side effects include: acute gout attack.
Can you believe that?  The darned drug is prescribed for gout, for Pete's sake!

But feature this ─ this is the title of a study published back in January 2008:  Allopurinol is the most common cause of Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis in Europe and Israel.

Of course, Europe and Israel were the only areas being studied ─ the study didn't look at North America or anywhere else.  But the study was commented upon in August 2008 by a medical specialist in Singapore:
We read with great interest the article by Halevy et al in the January 2008 issue of the Journal and we would like to share our experiences in Singapore. The role of allopurinol as the most common culprit in Stevens–Johnson syndrome (SJS) and toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) seems to be universal. In Singapore from 2003 to 2007, we managed 85 cases of SJS and TEN in our hospital, which includes the national burns center. Out of these cases, allopurinol was the most common cause of both SJS and TEN, being the implicated drug in 13 of 85 cases (15.3%).
That quote is from here.

So it probably doesn't matter where in the world the drug is being used ─ the situation is likely the same.  That is, it is the leading cause of those two conditions.

If you suffer from gout, don't take Zyloprim or Aloprim or whatever else allopurinol may be getting trade-named ─ take this advice from NewMarketHealth.com:
...Instead of putting your life in jeopardy, why not try some proven ways to keep uric acid levels down?

For example:
  • Avoid sweeteners containing large amounts of fructose such as high fructose corn syrup and agave syrup. Also, reduce the amount of sugar in your diet.
  • Drink plenty of water to dilute uric acid levels.
  • Mix a tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and sip it during the day.
But perhaps the best way to lower uric acid is with tart cherries.

Cherries and gout have been under the research microscope for over 50 years now, and the results show that just about every kind of cherry treatment -- from juice to pills to the fruit itself -- are beneficial in lowering uric acid.

Try taking a small glass of tart cherry juice before bedtime. It might also help you sleep better, too!

Earlier this month, the media pounced upon the discovery that evil Monsanto's carcinogen glyphosate has been identified in baby food:



This is a crisis, yet U.S. politicians lap up the bribes they keep getting to ensure that they do nothing about this crime against all of us.

Have a look at these two alarming reports:


Monsanto has ensured that all of us have glyphosate in us ─ it's everywhere.  But where babies are concerned, surely we must do our utmost to delay its introduction into their fragile, developing systems?

Once again, NewMarketHealth.com has some advice:
...To steer clear of this hazardous chemical -- which is especially crucial where infants are concerned -- we've got to take some extra precautions.

With the sheer quantities that are used it's impossible to keep it out of our diet altogether. But by following these three steps you'll at least be doing all you can to keep from taking a mouthful of glyphosate at every meal.

Step #1: Try to buy only organic bread and other items made from wheat flour. "Off-label" use of glyphosate has been found to be very common in wheat.

Step #2: Other foods that you should only buy organic include: lentils, peas, dry beans, flax, barley, potatoes, and of course, oats.

Step #3: Even if soy is labeled as being not genetically modified, it's still quite likely to have been sprayed. So it looks like the best measure here is to eat either organic soy or as few foods containing soy ingredients as possible (which aren't particularly good for you anyway).

This is also the best way we can avoid having to worry about any further scary surprises this "too big to ban" chemical might spring on us.

Concerning Monsanto, we don't need them.

It has been proven over and over that GM farming is not more productive than organic farming.  The 'Chemical Industry' is all about profit, and continually lies about the need for the dominance of their methods and products.

An excellent article laying this out is here:


Our chemicals are ruining the environment, and every living thing in it ─ including us.

Is it really hopeless and too late? 


I am going to push to a close now with an entry from 41 years ago out of my journal, back when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster

I was renting the small unit in a house located on Ninth Street at Third Avenue.

I see that I  had plans to hike out to visit my father Hector at his new apartment that he was sharing with his girlfriend Maria Fadden at 6038 Imperial Street in Burnaby

I had gotten to bed the evening prior to this entry at something ahead of 8:00 p.m. 
TUESDAY, October 28, 1975

I arose about 4:45 a.m..

When I got to the laundromat, I had the entire period to myself; at the store I bought Amazing Adventures #34.  

From here, pith:  

I went to see dad, buying a box of Red River Cereal (77¢) along the way.  

I encountered them at a bus stop.

They showed me about, and Marie gave me her two keys.

A light lunch, and they invited me downtown with them on their errands.

Well, eventually we worked up to 2 beers apiece at a parlour where a fabulously delicious gal danced.

I had no such plans, but later at the West (no strip) I was compelled into about 10 more beers.

From here, a taxi to their place (they further ─ dad did ─ bought 12 beer and a mickey), and I straightway left, jogging slowly entirely home, but for traffic.

I am invited for turkey drumsticks Thursday; also, I am to ask Mark for festive dinner Christmas Eve or Boxing Day with me, his convenience.

'Twas raining my jog home.

No supper, but still, the calories!

My day was punctuated with bursts of indigestion.

In all, I doubt I blew more than $1.

My bed is met at 10:00 p.m. ─ no, at 11:00 p.m., Mandy Kuyper!

Bed at 11:05 p.m.
I always tried to get to the laundromat as soon after it opened as I could in order to avoid congestion there ─ people made me uncomfortable.

Everything I wrote in pithy fashion afterwards was done while I was clearly drunk ─ the handwriting is very sloppy.

It was timely that I happened to find them waiting at a bus stop.  Otherwise, I would have had no option but to turn about and hike all the way back to my room ─ it was quite a distance.

Still, missing them would have avoided a heck of a lot of drinking.

Most hotel beer parlours back then had strippers.  It is unfortunate that the West Hotel apparently did not.

Anyway, even with a dozen beers in me, I was able to jog all the way from their apartment building to my room.

My father was hoping that I might be able to persuade my younger brother Mark to join me in visiting them for a Christmas or Boxing day dinner ─ he was far less inclined to see our father than I was.

The final mention of "Mandy Kuyper" was my guarded way of indicating that instead of going to bed at 10:00 p.m., I became engrossed in a pornographic magazine with the expected finalé.  That would have been the name of the model that garnered my final attention.

Whatever the case, it was certainly a long, full day.
Post a Comment