.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers


Sunday, January 15, 2017

☠ 💀 Fish Oil Versus Heart Disease │ High Intensity Exercise After Mental Work Offsets Hunger │ Indigestion Medications Paving Way for Serious Stomach Infections

I am not entirely unsure if yesterday's post should be left unmarked. After all, I had turned off T.V. for the night around 10:00 p.m. and then came here to my computer and submitted to the darkness.

I expect that it was likely after 12:30 a.m. before I got to bed, however.

I am reminded of a quote that I noticed on Friday evening's episode of Grimm:
Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides.
It is attributed to André Malraux.

As a consequence of my failure to myself, today has been lost.

It is actually quite sunny and, of course, cold. I had thought that things were to warm up and we would be getting rain to start washing away the ice and snow that we've had since as far back as the early part of December 5.

It is not in me to exercise ─ there is no heart for it.

I did at least spend the morning putting even more content into the new post I began last Wednesday at my Siam-Longings website.

My younger brother Mark had spent the night at the home of his girlfriend Bev, so he showed up after mid-morning. He went off late in the morning to get his hair cut. So around 12:06 p.m., I  headed on back to bed to try and nap and escape myself.

I was in bed just a little over an hour, but did manage to get some sleep, as evidenced by a dream. Mark had come home before I had fallen asleep, but he was gone for the afternoon when I got up again.

At least one of my two step-sons has been home throughout the day.

It hurt me to learn today about a 12-year-old U.S. girl in Georgia who committed suicide ─ Katelyn Nicole Davis was such a beautiful young lass.

Yet she was so depressed that she finally succumbed and hung herself from a tree as daylight was fading this past December 30. Meantime, she recorded the entire thing live via a cellphone app called Live.me.

I found a video of hers posted on YouTube that would be senseless to link to, for it will probably get removed. In it, she is filming from her bedroom, and is very emotional as she recounts one thing or another ─ and particularly the state of the room she has to sleep in.

Yet there was another minute-long video in which she is quite energized, and exhorting viewers that if they ever find themselves at risk of doing anything to themselves because of depression, to please reach out to her first:
"If you really are hurting badly, contact me ─ don't hurt yourself because of this. It is not your fault. Just...contact me, and I will help you. You don't deserve it." 
I found that clip, as well as the nearly 43-minute final video that her phone app recorded and streamed to the Web. They are at a forum website that is actually more kindly-spirited than its name implies.

The thread featuring the videos is at Forum.DeathAddict.com: ITZDolly - Heartbreaking Video Shows 12-Year-Old Katelyn Nicole Davis Hang Herself.

Why do we only learn of these young people who are reaching out on social media after they have died?

Do none of their viewers have the capacity to feel and respond, and offer selfless support?

I would have cherished this young lady if I had been able to know her.

Now entirely switching topics, I want to try and add a few more photos from (I think) October 30 when my wife Jack and some of her family managed to visit Ayutthaya. The images are likely from the Wat Thammikarat area:


I have before seen the recommendation that fish oil is more effective in helping defend against heart disease than are dangerous statin medications.

I posted about this already recently, but it needs to be known.  Here are a couple of reports about the latest study:



Of course, fish oil has also been shown to help with depression.


I cannot say that I have ever noticed that mental activity made me hungry, but apparently research claims that it does.

This isn't breaking news, by any means ─ the study was published back in September.

But if you're curious to learn just exactly what it spelled out, try these reports on it:




From the finish of the published study:
In conclusion, a high intensity exercise bout after mental work may offset increased energy intake. Exercise after mental work, instead of food consumption, may serve as a way to regulate energy intake. The modern work environment is highly sedentary and cognitively demanding. The cognitive demand may influence the individual’s appetite and lend itself towards positive energy balance. If an individual seeking to take a break from mental work chooses to participate in exercise before consuming food, this may prevent the positive energy balance. This relationship between mental work, exercise, and energy intake may be impactful in reducing the positive energy balance responsible for modern obesity trends.

If you take heartburn (or indigestion) medications such as Nexium, Prilosec, Zantac, and Pepsid ─ these are just some examples of the culprits ─ then you need to wean yourself free and seek alternative solutions.

Apart from every other harm these medications can wreak, they are coming to be implicated in deadly stomach infections.

Here are some reports, along with options (in the latter two reports):





Heartburn was an angry companion through my young adulthood, but in my older age I have only rarely had any problems. I am not the glutton that I was for so many decades.


By the way, when I checked my AdSense account prior to commencing today's post, I saw that I never even earned a cent yesterday. That truly capped a day that ended so otherwise regrettably.

I close now with an entry from my journal of 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

I was renting the small space in a house located on Ninth Street, perhaps one or two houses up from Third Avenue.

I was to be hiking out to Surrey to visit my mother Irene Dorosh, who was sharing a small home with her husband Alex in the Kennedy Heights area.

The house no longer exists, but its address was 12106 - 90th Avenue, and it was my main mailing address.

To hike there from my room would generally take about 1½ hours of fast-paced trekking.
THURSDAY, January 15, 1976

I got up nearly 4:15 a.m.

I took most of a 20 lb bag of whole wheat flour with me to mom's, leaving here about 7:10 a.m. in the dark and walking in a light rain.

I met Sherry on the avenue as she headed away for school.

My only mail was a Western Lottery ticket that came yesterday; I'm still awaiting two Olympics with the draws just 10 days away.

I ate very heavily.

The turkey was supposed to be picked up today, so near 4:00 p.m., after Sherry was home from school and still nobody had come, mom phoned Cathy; she said to expect them tomorrow. Apparently dad phoned there, asking them to help celebrate his birthday in February; I'd forgotten its imminence, but refuse to visit with Marie present.

Mom gave me another loaf of bread to take home when I left; it was raining quite hard, so I wore the grey raincoat. However, there were stretches when the rain was so light it was almost indetectable.

Bill wasn't home when I passed by; his light was out, anyway. When I really want to watch TV,  he's not home; William Smith is on Cannon tonight.

Today my S.A.N.E. cheque should have come, but it wasn't here when I checked.

Excuse me! William Smith is on Barnaby Jones!

Bed at 9:00 p.m. I retired suffering what threatened to be one hell of an indigestion case.
Sherry was the young daughter of my older maternal half-sister Phyllis. This latter had taken to practically leaving Sherry with my mother and Alex, and the irresponsibility was becoming exceedingly annoying to them.

My old friend William Alan Gill and I had bought a turkey in the States because he claimed that my younger brother Mark's girlfriend, Catherine Jeanette Gunther, had offered to cook it if we got one.

Bill spent over $13 on it, and I was chipping in a mere $3.

No doubt my father Hector phoned Mark & Jeanette while my father was quite drunk ─ it was his way. I had suffered a major falling-out ahead of Christmas with my father's live-in girlfriend, Maria Fadden; and because of that, I had declared that I would not again visit.

Bill rented a bachelor suite, perhaps four or so blocks from my room.  I believe that I had a functioning fairly small black & white T.V., but Bill had a larger colour model.  I had been a huge fan of William Smith's ever since I saw the movie Darker than Amber in (I think) Edmonton back in 1970.

The fight scene his character had on a cruise ship with the lead character that Rod Taylor played was the most intense, exciting battle I had ever seen.

The S.A.N.E. (Self Aid Never Ends) cheque was for working one day a week at a New Westminster charitable organization ─ it is today known as Fraserside Community Services Society.  The next day was to be my scheduled day of work, in fact.
Post a Comment