.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers


Saturday, January 28, 2017

☠ 💀 Official Flu Hysteria in Full Force │ People with Metabolic Syndrome Less Able to Utilize Vitamin E and Thus Require More of It │ Surprise U.S. Hospital Billing

The baleful recidivist within took charge last night, and I sat up late into the night so occupied. It may have been as late a 2:51 a.m. when finally I was to bed.

At least self-recrimination today has not been as severe as it often is, crippling all sense of worth. I am not quite sure why.

I put more work into the new post I have been building since last Tuesday at my Lawless Spirit website. I think last Wednesday I projected that it would likely take me five days to have it finished, but that was by far an underestimate.

If I remain on track, then it will have taken me a total of 11 days to finish and publish it, counting from the very first day I founded the post.

The day without has been lightly overcast, with the Sun trying but failing to burn through the cover, until it met with some success in the mid-afternoon. And temperatures are mild. I even contemplated siting out in the backyard late in the noon-hour for a short while after I had finished doing some exercising in the shed, but I decided instead to prepare my day's first small meal.

My younger brother Mark and I had some discussion about our unwanted rat, resident in the house since back in December. When I had my first break in sleep overnight and was using the bathroom at some point after 6:00 a.m., I could hear some slight scrabbling noise coming from what sounded like inside the wall separating the bathroom from a closet in Mark's bedroom.

When I emerged from he bathroom, I saw that his light was now on, and I correctly surmised that he was investigating. Later in the morning he told me that he thought that the noises were emanating from a top shelf in the closet, so he removed some of the items thereon.

However, he found nothing, and has concluded that the sounds were actually from the ceiling just above the shelf. He wondered if we have a "roof rat." Anyway, he said he knows where he might be able to obtain one or two free "industrial rat traps" that we might try setting up; but if mousetraps are not enticing the animal, why should something larger than they?

I checked in on the wasp I have in a small jar with a couple of dead maple leaves that I tore up ─ I had found the nigh-dormant creature on Wednesday on our living room floor. The wasp has moved down a little ways into the torn bit of leaves, and is horizontally upside down. I watched awhile, but I could not see any of its legs or antennae twitch. I am trusting that it is simply asleep.

I have it on the sill of an open bedroom window, so the wasp is remaining somewhat chilled.

There is some gelled liquid honey on a topmost bit of leaf, should the wasp ever normalize and find the vigour to search about. The plan is to release it once the days are warmer. To do so now would probably prove fatal for it. Who knows what cold weather may yet sill visit us this Winter?

Last Fall my wife Jack charged the fare so that she could fly to Thailand and see her mother for the first time in over 3½ years. The family home is in Nong Soong, a large village near Udon Thani.

All of the following photos were probably taken on November 3, 2016.

In the first two, Jack seems to be riding in the back of a pick-up truck with the woman she has always referred to as her "sister-cousin." The two photos are selfies that Jack took. My guess is that they might have been or are going to Udon Thani, or else they are just driving about in the Nong Soong area:

She then took this photo from that vantage:

Then Jack took this photo of a child whose face was plastered against the back cab window ─ you can just make out part of Jack's reflection at the right:

A little more than 45 minutes later, she and her companions may have stopped for a meal at some restaurant, and Jack took these two photos of some of the fare:

I am not a shellfish fan, but Jack loves the stuff. She utilizes it in her cooking more often here at home than I care.


To my knowledge, I have never had a flu shot in my life ─ nor will I willingly do so. Thus, it deeply annoys me to see articles like this one:


If you read that article, you will see this ludicrous claim by Lynnette Brammer, an epidemiologist with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
"We would all like to have a better vaccine, but vaccine is still the best way to protect yourself against flu."
Really? It trumps a strong immune system and conscientious hygiene practices?

Spare me.

Heck, flu death numbers are even estimated in that article, and there is no possible way of being anywhere near reliable making such calculations.

The following article by Dr. Daniel Neides was published on January 7, and then quickly removed by the online newspaper. It has since been replaced, but Dr. Neides was first forced to make a public apology for what he said:


Maybe that article will yet get archived and made unavailable ─ who can say? There are an enormous number of articles out there faulting Dr. Neides, and precious few standing up for him.

But this is one:


Do or do not get the flu shot ─ it is of course up to you.

But should you not get it and then get sick, do not blame yourself and think that you would have avoided the flu if you had been "immunized" with the latest vaccine. You would probably have gotten sick anyway ─ the flu vaccine is pretty much that useless.


People who are ill generally require more of certain key nutrients than do healthier people, but a recently published study has announced that folks with metabolic syndrome ─ and you or I may have the condition without realizing it ─ require up to 50% more vitamin E in their diets just to be able to access and make use of the vitamin.

These reports tell of the study:





In researching this, I found that this need for extra vitamin E for people with metabolic syndrome is not a new discovery The Oregon State University published the following back on October 7, 2015:




I am not American, so I pay scant heed to reports about medical costs in that nation.

However, this report by Jack Harrison might be of service to any Americans who may be affected:


That is something that I just do not think about ─ namely, that the medical professionals in a patient's surgery might all potentially have different billing procedures for the work they are each performing. And if that professional does not happen to deal with the patient's medical insurer, then there is going to be a hefty billing for that professional's expertise.

Anyway, if you are American, here are some further reports about this nasty piece of business:



"Many people are shocked two weeks or two months later when they get a bill from a doctor they didn't really meet and no one told them what the exam would cost and later they discover the price is outrageous. But this is happening all the time."

Here is where I close off today's post with a journal entry from 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

I was renting my small set-up in a house located on Ninth Street, and one or two houses up from Third Avenue.
WEDNESDAY, January 28, 1976

It was after 7:00 a.m. when I finally got up.

I typed up a letter to Ron.

I lied down about 2:00 p.m. and got out of bed about 3:15 p.m.; I didn't want to waste time abed daytime napping, but felt I warranted it.

And then Bill came and took away a gallon of our wine (his mother was in the car), leaving 1½.

I went over there at evening as I said, mailing in the process Ron's letter. Bill's mother let me in; they'd been playing their childish games, and I guess he was off trying to show her up.

When he did return, I lent him $4, and they took off to the liquor store and bought a 26er of 444 wine. His mother and I drank it.

I was fed a hash & ground steak mix with 3 hot dog buns, greatly enjoying it and the glow of the vino.

Bill took his mother home at 10:00 p.m.while I remained watching TV.

I should mention that before my nap today I watched The Dinah Shore Show guesting the 8 member cast of M*A*S*H.

Bed at 11:30 p.m.  
The letter I typed up and was to mail was for an American pen-pal, Ron Bain.

My old friend William Alan Gill was renting a bachelor suite that was only four or so blocks from my room. He often had his mother Anne Gregory over to cook and clean for him ─ she was renting a place of her  own in Maillardville.

The wine he took was part of our share of a big batch that we had collaborated on making with my younger brother Mark.

Bill and Anne were always arguing, and she knew precisely how to get right under his skin ─ she was very gifted at saying just the right irritating things.

I wonder if they drank that gallon before I came over? Why otherwise would they borrow $4 from me to go and get more wine?

I no longer remember what kind of wine "444" was, but I would almost expect it to be cheap, sweet, and fortified. Still a cheap 26-ounce (or 26er) of wine oughtn't have cost as much as $4 back then, so maybe it was something with more quality.
Post a Comment