.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers


Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Vacations Boost Immunity │ Low-Carbohydrate Diet Proven to Eradicate Type 2 Diabetes │ FDA: Lead in Cosmetics Warning

Around 10:30 p.m. last evening, my youngest step-son Poté ─ who now seems to have a car of his own ─ showed up with his girlfriend, and he was quite animated to share some information with me.

According to their estimate, we likely have three mice in the house, And to do something about it, he displayed the four mousetraps and two glue traps he had bought.

To explain, my wife Jack first brought the presence of a mouse to my attention on Boxing Day, I believe it was. My younger brother Mark and I have lived in this house since maybe June 2002, and never before had a rodent in residence.

Poté left a mousetrap upstairs here in the room I use for my computer, and I suppose he set up the others downstairs.

Well, it seems that the only activity has been with the mousetrap here in my computer room ─ it had been sprung, and the peanut butter bait cleaned up.

Incidentally, just this afternoon, I came across a rather harrowingly-illustrated article about the glue traps at Peta.org: How Glue Traps Ruined My Childhood.

It would be senseless for us to try and free one of the little buggers if we caught one with such a trap. But I have to admit, dispatching it would take considerable steeling of the heart.

Anyway, thanks to all of the fuss last evening, my bedtime was somewhat delayed, but I was still settled in well before midnight.

We had further rain overnight and into the morning ─ the ice and snow is quickly departing us.

I rose this morning well ahead of 8:00 a.m. I was to learn that not only were Poté and his girlfriend here and still in bed, but even oldest step-son Tho had not gone to work. I was to hear him periodically coughing hard from his bed directly beneath my computer room.

Poté's girlfriend Priyanka also has a serious coughing problem once she gets up.

With all three here this morning, I was disinclined to bother with trying to ready myself to get out and do a little local shopping. I have yet to shave this new year, I believe; as a consequence, I would need to do some fussing before making myself public.

I did, however, get out for some exercise in the backyard shed before eating anything midday. No one was yet up but me.

And I put further content into the new post I began back on the 11th at my Siam-Longings website. Once I was done with that and had eaten, I needed to seek a nap.

Upon rising, I found myself home alone.

Just prior to starting today's post here, I checked my AdSense account, and am deeply dismayed to see that in the previous five days, I have earned but a total of 1¢ ─ this is utterly ridiculous. And there is nothing in today's balance as yet, either.

I have been trying to earn a second income online since September 2008. Clearly, I am wasting time and my very life sitting here. I just may scrap the entire effort of blogging later this year and try and salvage some of the health and fitness I know I have lost.

I don't see how I can ever recover vision that I have lost, unfortunately.      

For today, though, I want to add further photos that my wife Jack took when she and her family got to visit Ayutthaya on (I think) October 30 of last year. It had been over 3½ years since Jack had last seen her mother in person, so she made that journey back to Thailand on her own last Fall.

I would have loved to visited Thailand, but we cannot even afford her trip ─ the round-trip flight was all charged to credit.

I have already posted most of the photos of the ruins that Jack got to see. The current batch I have been working through were taken along a canal ─ commercial structures seem to have been built out from its shores, and people just walk up and down the boardwalks through them. Or so it seems to me:

This is my wife Jack:

Another shot of Jack:

And I will stop here. The group seems to have moved on from the canal area in the next series of photos.


I cannot afford a trip anymore, but for those people who are able to travel, it seems that a holiday of as little as six days is able to improve both stress response and immune function ─ at a genetic level; and the effect lasts for about a month after the holiday.

And if meditation is brought into the mix, then the positive effects endured much longer.

This was learned from an actual study ─ these reports tell of it:




That latter report neglects to say a word about the meditation, but it does offer suggestions on how to try and maintain that improved immunity.

Maybe if I give up wasting my life in fruitless blogging, I will find some time to try meditation.


The Pharmaceutical Industry makes a whole lot of money from their type 2 diabetes medications ─ maybe that's why the word is not getting out that banishing carbohydrates from a sufferer's diet can reverse the condition and put an end to the need for any medication:



As you can see in this July 24, 2014, article at UAB.edu, she and others at the university have been making that proclamation for a long time, but the message seems to be getting blocked: Low-carb diet recommended for diabetics.
“For many people with Type 2 diabetes, low-carbohydrate diets are a real cure,” said Gower. “They no longer need drugs. They no longer have symptoms. Their blood glucose is normal, and they generally lose weight.”
Can a type 2 diabetic actually prefer eating carbohydrates and then taking medication because of a perverse love of the junk food?


The topic of lead still being identified in lipstick and other cosmetics is a topic I included earlier this week, but I might as well do so again ─ it is important.






I was wrong about being home alone this afternoon. Just ahead of 5:00 p.m., I heard my eldest step-son Tho coughing from his bed just below my computer room.

He must be feeling desperately ill, and is concerned of missing any further work.

I am going to close now with a journal entry from 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement unit in New Westminster.

I was renting it in a house located on Ninth Street, one or two houses up from Third Avenue.

This day was to be rather festive ─ a big turkey dinner at the rented home of my younger brother Mark and his girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther. The couple were then living on Bentley Road in Whalley, and very near to 108th Avenue & King George Highway

The turkey was mostly provided by my old friend William Alan Gill ─ he had spent over $13 on it in the States, while I reimbursed him $3 towards it.

Bill was renting a bachelor suite, perhaps four or so blocks from my room.
SUNDAY, January 18, 1976

I found myself awake frequently during the night, but always managed to get to sleep again; I got up at 5:45 a.m.

I completed all my exercises this morning before leaving here about 10:10 a.m.  I mailed Jean's letter, and left a note on Bill's car saying I wasn't home; I might have visited him if his curtains weren't drawn.

I then walked to Mark's, taking my camera and January's Good News.

I arrived just in time for the Super Bowl football game.

Mom & Alex came just before its end, and by then the turkey was ready.

Mom finally phoned Bill to come on over; Sherry had come with mom & and Alex.

When Bill arrived, and after a few drinks, the meal began.

I didn't snap any pictures till mom & Alex were leaving at 7:00 p.m., and only took two.

I ate probably more food that day than I have ever done.

At 9:00 p.m. Jeremiah Johnson was televised and watched by us all, and shortly after it ended Bill & I left; I took two of my books (Merlin's Ring and Tigers of the Sea) that Mark had finished; apparently he lent Those About to Die to Garry.

Bill visited an all-night store toward Maillardville, bought me a pint of milk, and finished getting me home.

It was at least 12:15 a.m. when I bedded, extremely bloated from the supper.
I mailed the letter to an American pen-pal I had, Jean M. Martin (née Black).

My mother Irene Dorosh and her husband Alex arrived for dinner with young Sherry, the daughter of my older maternal half-sister Phyllis.

I do not remember it, but I would venture that the book Those About to Die was the one penned by Daniel P. Mannix. Mark had loaned it to his best friend of many years, Garry Porteous.

I still own Tigers of the Sea.

Bill was always a generous guy ─ a really great friend to me.

By the way, these are the two photos I took:

In that first photo, that is Mark and beautiful Jeanette just beyond my mother and Alex.
Post a Comment