.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers


Saturday, April 22, 2017

Four-Day Fat-Burning Detox Diet Plan │ Poor Sleep Engenders Heart Attacks and Strokes │ Concerning Vitamin D

With it being Friday evening last night, my younger brother Mark was not in any particular need to be off to bed at his usual time, so I ended up watching T.V. via our Android TV Box a little longer than usual.

I think it may have been 11:39 p.m. by the time I was in bed.

Sleep overnight was unremarkable, and it was possibly around 6:49 a.m. when I checked the time this morning with an eye toward rising. It is quite amazing how dreadfully kinked and sore I often feel when first I rise. If I knew no better, I would have every reason to believe that I had become seized with some crippling disorder overnight.

When first I rose, I noted that there were some blue streaks in the sky, but they were to disappear. And by early afternoon following a lie-down that I treated myself to, I saw that it had lightly rained.

And I hear it raining now as I type these words at 1:42 p.m.

I can still hear distant sounds of the Vaisakhi celebrations taking place that I heard long before I sought my bed-rest ─ definitely not a good afternoon to be outdoors. The main affected area here in Surrey is roughly two square miles ─ 72nd Avenue to 88th Avenue, and Scott Road (120th Street) to King George Boulevard (136th Street).

I am selfishly pleased to say that I am about a mile from the nearest border of that two-mile square. As an article published today by CBC.ca says, there are expected to be up to 400,000 people attending the parade and whatever all else takes place: Up to 400K people expected to attend 2017 Surrey Vaisakhi parade.

Can that article truly be accurate in stating that the parade itself will last from roughly 9:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.? Most definitely not for the casual observer!

Obviously I will not be taking any photos of that event ─ I am perfectly happy to remain a mile away from it. Crowds rarely have an appeal to me.

But I will post a few more photos that were taken during some sort of picnic event that my wife Jack and some of her loved ones indulged in back on (I think) November 13, 2016, after Jack had applied to credit the cost of a trip back to Thailand that Fall in order to see her mother for the first time since early March 2013.

The family village is Nong Soong, which is perhaps a 15-minute drive from the city of Udon Thani. Now, although I do not know for certain, I am supposing that the site of this picnic event was likely in Nong Soong, or else very nearby.

The series of photos I am posting today leads off with Jack herself:

This is a woman I only know as Jack's "sister-cousin":

Here is Daisha, a long-standing friend of Jack's. He does his best to present as a ladyboy:

And this is Jack's brother Santi, the only surviving of Jack's three brothers:

"Sister-cousin" is seated on the floor in this next photos, and Jack's brother-in-law ─ husband to Lumpoon, the eldest of Jack's two older sisters ─ is just beyond her. I do not recognize the woman at the right:

Here is Santi again, still mucking about in that pen in the canal or klong. Looking on are his sister Lumpoon, and Lumpoon's husband just beyond her:

Still far too many photos of that day remain to stack into this post, so I will stop here.


In my young adulthood, I was willing to try various rather strict diets, but I have largely lost that incentive in my senior years. I just want to eat as wholesomely as I possibly can.

But if you are interested in things like detoxification diets, for example, you might be willing to have a look at this four-day plan:


If I have ever in my life consumed any ghee, I definitely did not realize it at the time. I see various ghee-labelled products in one of the supermarkets I shop at which has a heavy South Asian customer base, but I have no purpose for it to try it out. I am certainly not going to buy some just to spoon down the occasional mouthful.


The sort of sleeper that I am seems to identify that I have at least one of the sleep disorders that increase the risk of both heart attacks and strokes.

These reports tell of the latest research:





I am convinced that it is the house environment that is probably behind my bad sleep. Not just the electrical and gas meters outside the wall my head is almost against like I described yesterday; but also various chemicals within the house in the walls, carpeting, and the bed itself.

Also, there is the issue of things like dust mites. Back in 2011, lots of media carried reports of how researchers claimed that up to a third of a pillow's weight was actually due to living and dead dust mites, their droppings, other microscopically tiny dead insects, and our dead skin cells.

That old finding got recent replay in this April 12 article at Mercola.com: One-Third of Your Pillow Weight May Be Dust Mites and Bug Droppings.

So who knows how adversely that sort of presence affects quality of sleep?

If a person has an underlying sensitivity to external electrical stimuli and/or environmental chemicals within the home and/or the masses of microscopic lifeforms inhabiting our beds, then no amount of melatonin or lost weight is going to change anything. Bad sleep with continue.

My suspicion is that our sensitivity to all of these things increases as we grow older, whether or not we realize it.


I wonder how many people happened across and believed this April 10 article concerning vitamin D supplements?


I have never had my blood tested for vitamin D levels, and doubt that I ever will. But I do not have the remotest doubt that a normal diet alone will not provide all of the vitamin D that we need; and unless we are exposing lots of skin to direct sunlight on a daily basis, then supplementation is required.

Concerning that article above, this is a superb challenge to it:


I haven't the time to bother with that NYtimes.com article, but I noticed that it had this statement about a study I was acquainted with:
Another study, published at the end of March, included 2,303 healthy postmenopausal women randomly assigned to take vitamin D and calcium supplements or a placebo. The supplements did not protect the women against cancer, the researchers concluded.
Is that so?

Well, according to the study's "principal investigator" Joan Lappe, PhD, RN:
"This study suggests that higher levels of 25(OH)D in the blood are associated with lower cancer risk...."
"The study provides evidence that higher concentrations of 25(OH)D in the blood, in the context of vitamin D3 and calcium supplementation, decrease risk of cancer...."
Those are quotes from an article at ScienceDaily.com concerning the study: Does Vitamin D decrease risk of cancer?

So how much else in that NYtimes.com article is slanted bull-crap?

Don't fall for these vitamin supplementation smears.


That rain I heard early into this post was naught but a shower, but later in the afternoon the rain was quite steady ─ as it is now at 5:21 p.m.

I close now with a journal entry from 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster. I was paying rent for the little place within a house located on Ninth Street, and maybe two houses up from Third Avenue.

On tab for this day was a 1½-hour hike out to visit my mother Irene Dorosh in the Kennedy Heights area of Surrey. The home she shared with her husband Alex was my main mailing address.

The little house no longer exists, but its address was 12106 - 90th Avenue.
THURSDAY, April 22, 1976

I arose near 5:20 a.m.

On my way to mom's I'll mail for 180 tablets of Enervite and 250 tablets of 500 mg vitamin C, from Sunburst Biorganics. I'm leaving here at 7:05 a.m.

Greta was there when I arrived; her bus wasn't leaving till sometime after 5:00 p.m.

I filled up.

I guess I won't be seeing mom for about 12 days, for Saturday morn she'll leave for Reno. Alex isn't going, having to work.

I guess I'll bed at 8:00 p.m.
Evidently I had scant to offer concerning the day.

Greta was a Dutch friend of my mother's who was then living in Barriere, but had bused down for a few days to visit. She was nice enough, and somewhat younger than my mother, but she sure had an eye for the guys. I always felt that she wouldn't mind giving me a go. 

She annoyed me at least a couple of times about seven years earlier when she was visiting, for she would try to make conversation with me and kept referring to any of my friends as my "boyfriend" ─ that used to rile me right up.

I generally had a difficult time controlling my appetite when I visited my mother, for the pickings back at my room were pretty darned sparse.

When my mother went away like this, leaving Alex behind, it was definitely difficult for me. I was not at all chummy with Alex, so I would never be dropping in on him to see about any mail that might have arrived. Besides, he did work for a living, and never arrived home until I would normally have long left to return to my room.

Still, I did have my own key to the house, so maybe I would come by on the sly and make an occasional mail check. Remember, it was a bit of a walk ─ a three-hour round-trip.
Post a Comment