.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers


Tuesday, June 27, 2017

💀 ☠ Mainstream Dietary Advice has Led to Heart Disease │ How to Naturally Boost Melatonin Levels

My wife Jack left to return to Vancouver late last afternoon after having spent Sunday night here at home in the Whalley area of Surrey.

I had been a trifle concerned that she might be spending a second consecutive night at home and thereby potentially disrupt plans I had for today.

But I was to do that all by myself. Perhaps she should have remained home.

After my younger brother Mark passed out for awhile last evening, he apparently felt inspired to sit up until nearly 11:00 p.m. before heading on up to his bedroom like he normally does by about 10:30 p.m.

He's still a working man, after all, and thus has his clock-radio set for about 4:30 a.m.

My iniquity surfaced; I was not to get to bed until something like 1:38 a.m., if not even later. Far better it would have been if my wife Jack had spent a second night at home.

I was to check the time this morning at 6:44 a.m. and rose for the day, but I was in baleful shape physically, spiritually, and emotionally.

A beer replenishment hike I had meant to do today was off the books.

I busied myself with adding content to the new post I am putting together at my Latin Impressions website, and kept building upon the resolve to have exercise in the backyard tool shed at a reasonably early hour.

My youngest stepson Poté must not have had to work today, for he remained abed all morning.

I was far from inspired for the exercise I became determined to force upon myself, but I did get out to that tool shed well before 9:00 a.m.

It was clear that the little amounts of light clouding around were not going to last, but the morning felt oddly cool after the past few days we have experienced of such great heat for this area.

I did have my exercise, but as I said yesterday, the pull-ups continued to be one heck of a serious strain. When I came into the house, I stripped naked for a weigh-in, and found that I was registering around 189 pounds (ca. 85.729 kilogrammes)  ─ at least five pounds (2.27 kilogrammes) over my normal adult weight.

I am about five feet 10.75 inches (179.705 centimetres) in height. It's becoming rather stark that I ought to be out walking far more than I have been.

By the way, I neglected to mention in yesterday's post that I had learned that there had actually been a Surrey Pride Festival on Sunday over at Holland Park, roughly a mile from where I live.

It had even included a parade or Surrey Pride March.

Yet I knew nothing of it. Had it been better advertised and I knew that it all was taking place, I would have tried to attend and taken photographs.

And this was its 18th anniversary? Why doesn't it get better advertising? I have lived in the Whalley area for more than 18 years, yet I have only ever heard of the event three years ago.

Okay, I just did a wee bit of research and now see that the event had only been held in Whalley since 2010:
The 1st Surrey Pride Festival was held at Sullivan Hall in July 1999. At the time, the organization was named “Out in Surrey Rainbow Cultural Society” (OIS). Under that title, the organization played a significant role in fundraising specifically for GLBTQ charities, awareness and advocacy for GLBTQ rights in Surrey and the Lower Fraser Valley. OIS was born out of the social group “Out In Surrey”, which hosted a Valentine’s Day dance in January 1998 as a fundraiser for the Bigots Ban Books Defence Fund. 
Since 2010, the Surrey Pride Festival found its new home to be at Holland Park. The name change to “Surrey Pride Society” occurred in January 2012. The Surrey Pride Society is committed to expanding and being more inclusive in the GLBTQ community and working with other organizations towards an all inclusive PRIDE with events throughout the year and during the Festival at Holland Park each year.
I have known of that Sullivan Hall since at least 1959 ─ I started Grade Ⅴ that year at Johnston Road Elementary School (since about 1975, it was renamed Sullivan Elementary). According to a description at Surrey.ca (Sullivan Community Hall), the hall was constructed in 1932, and is a heritage structure.

But let's get back to my discussion of today.

I might have done some sunning on the backyard sundeck if Poté had not been home. His presence normally mightn't have deterred me, but I am in a more fragile state this day.

He may have had to work a later shift ─ he took off for somewhere shortly before 3:20 p.m., but that was too late for me to care to be out there sunning when I have this darned blog post to concern myself with. Besides, his older brother Tho could be home from work at any time now.

I noticed earlier today that Google has notified me of another collage it has created from some photos in one of my Google albums ─ this specific collage commemorates this day exactly two years ago:

My brother Mark and I had attended a party hosted by our maternal cousin Wendy and her husband Barry out in the Chilliwack area ─ due to the amount of drinking involved, Mark and I spent the night on the large property there, as did some others who attended.

Here are those three original photos ─ with the original descriptions I gave them in the Google album:

Some of the action at a barbecue that my maternal cousin Wendy hosted with her husband Barry on their property out near Chilliwack, B.C. on Saturday, June 27, 2015.

It is almost 9:20 p.m.

My brother Mark is seated directly at the left, and speaking with Leo, husband to my maternal cousin Chris.

Leo's oldest daughter Sherry (with streaked red hair) is just visible in the distance at the left, bent over and speaking with someone.

The gal in the pink top may be Sherry's daughter.

I don't know who the chap in the black cap and t-shirt is ─ maybe the husband of the gal in pink?

Brady ─ my maternal cousin Randy's oldest son ─ is in the blue t-shirt with the Superman 'S' emblazoned on it.
Approaching 10:00 p.m., Saturday, June 27, 2015.

The setting is the museum-like garage belonging to my maternal cousin Wendy and her husband Barry.

The couple had hosted a barbecue that day, with quite a turn-out.

Standing at the left is Grant, Wendy's son.

Shane ─ youngest son of my maternal cousin Randy ─ is gazing at what must be a painting or something.

Cousin Wendy is seated behind him, and looks to be taking 'a drag' on a butt.

Graeme, husband to my maternal cousin Roxanne, is seated at the right.
Approaching 10:30 p.m. Saturday evening (June 27, 2015) at the barbecue my cousin Wendy and her husband Barry hosted on their property out near Chilliwack, B.C.

At the left, my maternal cousin Tim is speaking with our maternal cousin Roxanne and her husband Graeme.

That is my brother Mark at the right and wearing the light-colored shirt.
The only function since then involving my maternal relatives was the memorial for my cousin Jock (John) Halverson last year.

His wife Donna is in the first photo with him. Jock died after losing a battle with cancer.

It annoys me to still read admonishments from so-called specialists telling the public to keep their cholesterol levels low, and to do the same where concerns consumption of all saturated fats.

These two recent reports spell out clearly why we should not be following those dietary instructions:



And I have a pretty good article for those of you who are familiar with melatonin, and may even be supplementing yourself with it in case you are deficient in any respects:


I sure do wish that I was able to live somewhere far from city life where I could sleep outdoors on a regular basis, and not be affected by artificial lights everywhere, and noise and other pollution.

I didn't mention it earlier, but I needed to have a nap prior to starting this post. I lied down around 12:44 p.m. after a filling first meal of the day, and spent over an hour dozing and facilitating that meal's digestion.

I also failed to mention that when I saw my wife Jack off late last afternoon, she said that she might be back this evening ─ or more likely sometime tomorrow.

And now I am going to close out for today with this post from 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

I was renting in a private home located on Ninth Street, and about two houses up from Third Avenue.

I had reluctantly gone out the evening before to the pub at the Surrey Inn (it no longer exists) in Whalley, and walked out on my companions around 11:20 p.m., hiking back to my room in town.

It was 1:15 a.m. before I was in bed, yet I had only consumed one beer with the others.
SUNDAY, June 27, 1976

Up short of 8:00 a.m.

Mark was quite content with the shoes I last afternoon gave him.

I have roasted a chuck steak & vegetables in my oven, and am now ─ shortly after 2:00 p.m. ─ going across the bridge and a short way up the tracks to see about getting some torso sunning.

Bill's car was home when I passed by.

I put in an hour.

My thighs round my crotch suffered friction badly till I lessened the severity somewhat by hitching up my pants.

Coming back a little kid effortlessly managed to catch up to me, embracing my leg and stopping me for a short conversation as I began striding up 4th St.

Bill's car was gone when I passed by.

I have hunger pangs considerable, arriving home 4:45 p.m. To eat!

Mark will have to pick up the sunglasses he forgot yesterday.

I ate more than was proper. I planned to make a pizza Thursday, but think not. I am hence going to enjoy a protein conscious diet based on chicken & beef livers.

And be a bit more active.

Anyway, bed tonight is 9:00 p.m.
Was it the late the previous afternoon that Mark, his girlfriend Catherine Jeanette Gunther, and her bother Don, showed up to take me out to Surrey? I had thought that it was very early in the evening.

The shoes I mentioned were a free pair I had acquired that proved to be too tight for my feet. Mark generally took a shoe two sizes smaller than I.

My old friend William Alan Gill was renting a bachelor suite maybe four or so blocks from my room. I no longer remember where it was, but it must have been along the route I would take in hiking toward the Pattullo Bridge.  

The railway tracks I sought that afternoon were in Surrey at the other side of the bridge, and a short distance along Scott Road (120th Street) after turning right onto that road from the bridge.

Once I got to the railway crossing, I would turn left onto the tracks, and just travel a short distance ─ back then, the area was still quite undeveloped. I believe that I would just avail myself of a field at the left side of the tracks, and sun there comfortably out of sight of passersby who might use the tracks like I often did. 

Until I had a good base of colour, I would never let myself be seen in public by trying to sun at a local park with my shirt off. And so I would need to do considerable hiking until that tanning process had become established. 

It was likely a very hot day. After sunning while still wearing my pants, my undershorts and crotch would have become very dampened from perspiration. Walking in them afterward would begin to cause some friction issues of my upper inner thighs.

That's a cute anecdote about the little kid back in New Westminster ─ I don't recall the incident after all of these years. 

I mentioned that I had been planning on making a pizza in a few days. This would have been one made entirely from scratch ─ including flour and yeast for the yeast-raised bread-based pizza crust.

I knew how to make yeast-raised bread by hand. A person learned these things when money was hard to come by.

That is also why I was considering basing my protein diet around chicken and beef livers ─ they were exceptionally cheap. It was a rare treat to be buying a chuck steak.
Post a Comment