.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers


Friday, July 28, 2017

Chemotherapy Now Found to Spread Malignant Cancer Cells │ The Feminizing of Nature ─ and Us

As yet, I don't believe that my younger brother Mark has watched an entire episode of The Handmaid's Tale. Whenever he sits down with his beer to take an episode in, he passes out.

Granted, it  has been a slow evolution where my own interest has been concerned, but he'll never get into it with such a blackout history to have to draw upon.

But at least he revived after the episode finished last evening, and was able to watch the episode of Wrecked that I tuned in. I'm still working us through the first season of that comedy.

I think he resisted until around 10:45 p.m. before heading on up to his bedroom for the night. That somewhat delayed my own bedtime until roughly 11:00 p.m.

I was unsure at the time, but I had the impression that my eldest stepson Tho had gone out earlier and was still not yet home. His younger brother Poté was engrossed in their computer.  

Overnight, I was awake sufficiently around 3:00 a.m. that I had myself a bathroom break and drank some water. But sleep wasn't cooperating after dawn. I think that it was about 5:51 a.m. when I opted to rise for the day.

I discovered that Tho was in the bathroom ─ I had been concerned that if he had gone out last evening, then he would skip work today and bugger up yet another weekday for me. 

I need my weekdays here at home alone.

I turned on my computer where I keep it in the small bedroom next to my own, and then I returned to my bedroom and shut the door, and lied down and waited until Tho emerged from the bathroom and went downstairs to gather up what he feels he needs to take with him to work. (I am not in a sociable mood in the morning.)

By 6:07 a.m., he was on his way to catch his bus to take him to the SkyTrain here in the Whalley area of Surrey so he could commute out to Burnaby where he works.

Poté got up some while later, and probably left for work by around 7:00 a.m. ─ I was involved with YouTube flash mob videos and so never noticed when he left.

I actually hate getting deflected like that ─ I really ought to just dive right into the scheduled work I am to be doing on whichever of my hosted websites whose turn it is. This morning, it was still the edit of an old post I have been involved with for a few days now at my Siam-Longings website.

Over the morning, I took an odd 'turn for the worse' that found me needing to lie down in bed for awhile. When I had rallied sufficiently, I headed on out to the backyard tool shed for a session of exercise there.

I was still feeling lacking, but at least I never took any excessively long breaks. It probably used up almost a half-hour.

Then I came back into the house and got back to work at finishing the editing work I wanted to get done today on that old post.

It was a sunny day, so the plan was to do some sunning on the backyard sundeck. However, to my considerable annoyance, a household of South Asian neighbours were having some sort of gathering on their roofed upper-story deck.

Their deck has a view of just about the entirety of my backyard, and as soon as I stepped out onto the deck, attention swung my way.

Consequently, I took up a chair and went to the only place they could not see me ─ the shielding afforded by our tool shed. And there I had to content myself, seated and facing toward the Sun, clad in just a pair of athletic shorts.

I put in about 40 minutes. And perhaps that was something of a blessing, for my earlier post work had taken me far too long. I hadn't realized that it was around 1:00 p.m. by the time I quit for the day.

Thus, commencing the 40 minutes as I did of sunning while seated on that chair at 1:16 p.m. or so, and shielded from view by the shed, it was all frontal exposure ─ but probably about 25 minutes less than the amount of time I would have taken if I had been lying on the sundeck, alternating front and back, over and over.

With the sunning done, I was then cleared to have my first meal of the day.

Then after eating and washing up some dishes, here we are at 3:46 p.m. I am still home alone, but I know that at any moment either of my stepsons will be showing up.

(And one of them did within 10 minutes of typing that statement.)

I want to post this old photo ─ the description beneath it is from the Google album where I have the scanned image filed:

My mother Irene Dorosh likely took this photo with one of those instant cameras that she and her husband Alex owned.

This could only have been taken on their property at 12106 - 90th Avenue in Surrey ─ the home with that address was demolished some years ago, alas.

Apparently my scan failed to pick up one final bit of text beneath the photo ─ the full description beneath the photo reads:

Would you undergo chemotherapy to treat a breast cancer ─ or any other type of cancer?

Recent research reports that chemotherapy seems to have the 'nuisance' effect of actually causing a spread of malignant cancer cells to remoter parts of the body.





So not only do cancer patients receive a method of 'treatment' that makes them feel like it's killing them...maybe it really is.

Our diets and our environment are impossibly polluted with chemicals that can and will cause cancer.

Many chemicals can even wreak disastrous results on sexual health. Research in the U.K. was recently announced to have discovered that 20% of the male fish that were tested in this particular study were found to be biologically feminized ─ some were even producing eggs:


That heading is of course misleading ─ there are far more chemicals involved than just those in contraceptives:
More than 200 chemicals from sewage plants have been identified with oestrogen-like effects and drugs such as antidepressants are also altering fish's natural behaviour....
However, that figure is far too low. I tracked down the .pdf handbook of the 50th Anniversary Symposium of the Fisheries Society of the British Isles ─ this was the gathering where the findings of that fish study were to be revealed early this month. The following statement was made in a sort of introduction to Professor Charles R. Tyler's lecture titled THE FEMINISATION OF NATURE – AN UNNATURAL HISTORY:
...It has been shown that exposure to these so-called endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs) can lead to disruptions in reproduction in wildlife and humans. More than 1000 chemicals discharged into the aquatic environment have been shown to be endocrine active, illustrating the potential scale of the issue.
This isn't unique to the United Kingdom ─ it's happening all over the industrialized world.

And it's another reason that most people probably need something like a reverse osmosis filtration system that is set up right where a home's water supply first enters the house ─ attachments to a water tap, or some sort of filter like my wife and her youngest son use to keep a plastic pitcher of drinking water at the ready, are useless for straining out these chemicals.

Maybe I'll bring up one topic further that affects our health ─ the cost of vegetables and fruit.

The following article reports on a recent American study:


I know that it's bad in the States for a great many people who are unable to afford a broad array of nutritious vegetables and fruit, yet store shelves are choked with unhealthy packaged fare that is relatively easy to afford ─ who can't afford chips and cookies and any number of other snacks that no one has any business putting into their bodies?

The odds are against the poor, especially when their nutrition knowledge is marginal.

Even here in Canada, there are types of produce that I just do not buy because my pension cannot handle it. Heck, I'd love to be able to eat nuts and avocados each and every day, but I sure do not!

It's a damned shame that corporate mega-farms are the norm. We need small farms dominating the agricultural scene, and thriving throughout the land. 

I've blabbed on long enough for today.

Here to close out this post is a journal entry of mine from 41 years ago when I was 26 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

I was renting in a private home located on Ninth Street, and probably two houses up from Third Avenue.

On this date, I was just about midway through a three-month contract of full-time employment with a New Westminster charitable organization called S.A.N.E. (Self Aid Never Ends) that is today known as Fraserside Community Services Society.

I had worked with them before, but only on a very limited part-time basis. Nevertheless, my involvement might have stretched back into 1974.

In those early years, S.A.N.E. was based in an old building on Carnarvon Street. That building has now been gone for many years, but it used to be situated about where the New Westminster SkyTrain Station today opens up onto Carnarvon Street.

I was working as a swamper on S.A.N.E.'s blue pick-up truck ─ a vehicle generally driven by Esther St. Jean, a delightfully agreeable lady in her early 40s.
WEDNESDAY, July 28, 1976

I slept solidly, not getting up till just after 7:00 a.m.; I remember having a WD, but recall nothing of it.

It's another sunny day, and I laundered, buying October's Invaders #9 and Marvel Spotlight #30 (Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg "Warriors Three").

Again I collected quite a sunburn today, but on the front of my shoulders. However, it clouded over in the afternoon, easing my concern, and even began lightly sprinkling.

Around 1:00 p.m. Cathy phoned; if the weather is proper, I'm to go camping with them to a Jones (?) Lake. Randy, Sandy, & kids may go too. A sleeping bag was promised, and I'm to go to Mark's Friday after work.

Tonight Alex is going to their place to sup, I guess, so I may get my mail tonight.

Esther gave me a nectarine.

Trudy blasted Took & Carol at S.A.N.E. for consorting.

Canada sure has been getting raw deals at the Games ─ in boxing and diving.

I'll leave for my mail check before 6:30 p.m.

Alex was away.

There was the threat, but only isolated fine droplets of actual rain ever occurred.

I think Cathy must have frustrated my walk by asking Alex to bring over my mail, for I couldn't locate any. I went out back to kill time, feeding on berries.

I left for home before 9:00 p.m., making it roughly 9:45 p.m. home with jogging, though I wasn't really in the mood.

Bed at 11:00 p.m.

(Alex was home when I left, it seems.)
I had to do my laundry at a laundromat, which I believe was up on Sixth Avenue by the public library. It's peculiar that I can no longer recall where it was that I would buy my comics while I was so engaged.

In looking at the cover of that Marvel Spotlight #30, I can just barely remember those three Norse characters ─ friends of Thor's.  

I had no phone of my own, so sometimes I would get calls at S.A.N.E. On this day, it was my younger brother Mark's beautiful girlfriend, Catherine Jeanette Gunther.

I cannot say that I remember this projected camping expedition, so maybe it never happened ─ I will have to wait a couple days to find out, for I do not read ahead in my journal.

The other campers were to have been my maternal cousin Randy Halverson and his wife Sandy, and I suppose their two boys Brady and Darin. 

The supper guest Jeanette was expecting that evening was Alex Dorosh, my mother's husband. She was away on holiday back in Ontario where she had grown up.

I cannot now recall the fuss I mentioned that took place at S.A.N.E., but I suppose that Trudy must have been irate at boyfriend (or husband?) Took for being too friendly with Carol. I don't remember any Carol, but Trudy and Took were Indigenous Canadians who may have been employed full-time by contract like I was, or else they were part-timers like I had been.

My main mailing address was my mother's home off in the Kennedy Heights area of Surrey. The hike to get there was about 1½ hours of fast-paced walking.

I was never socially comfortable around Alex when it was just the two of us exposed to one another. I had gone a couple days before to check for mail, but I arrived to find that he was home and seemed to have already gone to bed. 

So I just helped myself to some black currants he and my mother had growing in their backyard, and then I made the trip all the way back to my room without my mail ─ if any had come. I tended to get quite a lot, though ─ as much as did the two of them.

Since Alex was supposed to be having supper at the home of Mark and Jeanette that evening, I risked making the trip...but could not locate any of my mail. Did Jeanette indeed get Alex to bring it over so that I could pick it up on Friday when I came over to be present for that camping trip?

Whatever the case, I had a feed of berries in the backyard ─ besides black currants, they had blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and maybe even gooseberries.

Some fruit trees, too ─ and vegetables.

By the time I left ─ I was undoubtedly awaiting dusk so that I had the anonymity of some darkness for the trip home ─ Alex must have gotten back from supper without me noticing.

Anyway, with the jogging, I cut my time almost in half in getting back to my room.

So two evenings that week had been full of walking and jogging for no purpose but the exercise and the berries.
Post a Comment