.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers


Tuesday, August 1, 2017

New Study: Alzheimer's Disease Has Now Been Directly Linked to Aluminum Exposure

Perhaps it was at least 9:15 p.m. last evening when my younger brother Mark finally arrived home ─ I rather think that it was somewhat later, but I might be wrong.

Whatever the case, I had opted to try out the first episode of The Tick (it was sitcom-length) just to kill some time before watching an episode of Stranger Things just after 9:30 p.m. I was giving Mark a chance to get home before tuning in the latter show, for he seems to enjoy the series. 

But not three minutes into The Tick, I saw Mark's van showing up out in the street. Obligingly, I backed out of the telecast, and awaited his entry into the house ─ with him finally present, I could play Stranger Things.

For the first portion of the show, he sat at the dining table fussing with his mail. He can clearly see and hear the T.V. from there, if he has a mind to.

Then about 15 minutes into the show, he parked himself into his favourite living room chair with the sleeve of beer he had poured.

And in about five minutes he was unconscious. He remained so for the remainder of the episode. And when I replayed The Tick, he remained oblivious through that, as well.

When The Tick was over, I tuned in a news station and left it as company for Mark. I expected to be going to bed and leaving him like that.

However, I first checked my accumulated E-mails that had arrived over the evening, and I found some from my older half-sister Phyllis. A couple merited a response from me.

That occupied me for quite some time, and Mark revived in the interim. He turned off the T.V., and made his way to his bedroom ─ I don't recall the time this all occurred, but it must have been at least 11:00 p.m.

Mark keeps his clock-radio set for 4:30 a.m. to rouse him for work, but he doesn't get to bed until he first shaves and also brushes his teeth, thereby freeing up his morning. 

Anyway, my involvement with those messages to Phyllis kept me up until around midnight. 

I thought that I slept quite well until after 5:00 a.m. I was half-inclined to get up and start my day before it was yet 5:30 a.m.

But instead, I rolled over and sought some further sleep. And when that didn't seem to be easily happening, I checked the time...and was quite surprised to see that it was 7:01 a.m. I must have fallen asleep!

So I started my day.

Unfortunately for me, neither of my stepsons went to work. Youngest stepson Poté has been getting Tuesdays off of late, as well as Saturdays (he works in retail), but I have no idea what his older brother Tho was doing remaining home.

If I had not already been resigned to having Poté here all day, discovering that Tho had unexpectedly stayed home from work would have been exceptionally irritating ─ the weekdays are my sole hope of having time home alone, and I generally prize that time.

Neither of them were to get up until at least 10:00 a.m., however.

I put further work into the edit I am performing of an old post at my hosted website Siam-Longings. I knocked off towards mid-morning, though, because I wanted to go forth and do some local grocery shopping at Deepu's No Frills store over in the Cedar Hills shopping centre (128th Street & 96th Avenue), roughly four blocks from here where I live in the Whalley area of Surrey

It was 9:19 a.m. when I had the front door locked and was about to commence the slow walk.

It was very warm and muggy out ─ the sky was overcast with what might be a smoke haze from provincial forest fires, for B.C. has them aplenty. The Sun never actually broke through until after 1:00 p.m., but the haze never seemed to clear away.

Or so it has seemed to me as I type this at 4:18 p.m.

After I was back home and finishing up the post edit work I had allotted for myself today, it was clear that I would not be doing any sundeck sunning. 

Neither would I be exercising in the backyard tool shed. I had sacrificed the exercise for the sake of ensuring that I would go shopping. And the combined heat and mugginess made later exercising unthinkable.

However, even though I would not be sundeck sunning, I wanted to at least sit outside in a chair, facing into the Sun, while sporting just a pair of cut-offs.

It was 12:32 a.m. when that 40-minute session began.

With that done, only then did I feel up to making myself anything to eat. I didn't feel hungry, but ate anyway.

I would like here to post an old photo that I recently scanned. The description that follows it is from the Google album where I have the scan saved:

That is my mother Irene Dorosh admiring what appears to me to be a large bottle of Southern Comfort.

She and her husband Alex often took trips of several days or more into the States, and they would always bring back their allowable quota of booze.

Judging by the two tiny glasses with handles ─ probably fancy shot glasses ─ some of the liqueur was being sampled.

If that is my older maternal half-sister Phyllis at the right, she certainly looks beautiful.

My very best guess as to when the photo was taken would be the latter 1980s, and the setting is my mother's home ─ now demolished ─ that used to exist at the address of 12106 - 90th Avenue in the Kennedy Heights area of Surrey.
Phyllis is still rather attractive today for a gal well into her 70s. Back in the early 1960s, she served as a Miss Richmond one year.
I want to refer back to that comedy The Tick. I only realized in researching it for my post today that there had been an earlier version of the series back in 2001 that featured Patrick Warburton as the oddball superhero.

The current actor (Peter Serafinowicz) sounds to me to be very much like Adam West, but he seems likely to be considerably larger than Adam.  

I can easily envision Patrick Warburton  playing the role!

As I said, that was my first exposure to the series, so I shall stick with it and see how I feel about it.

Back in the 1970s, I am positive that I learned about the suspected association of aluminum with Alzheimer's disease. It was enough to get me off antiperspirants; and from that time forth I would only ever buy deodorants.

I differentiated the two products. I had no particular desire to keep myself from perspiring ─ I just wanted something that would prevent that telltale underarm odour. A deodorizer, plain and simple.

I also began reconsidering the use of baking powder, for aluminum is stupidly added to that.

Anyway, why is it that this association of aluminum with Alzheimer's disease was never established beyond any doubt  until just recently?

If you had not heard, researchers involved in a latest study are declaring that aluminum is THE big cause of Alzheimer's disease:


That article cited the following reference, but did not link to it ─ so I am:


The Alzheimer's Association (Alz.org) needs to revise their list of eight Alzheimer's Myths:
Myth 4: Drinking out of aluminum cans or cooking in aluminum pots and pans can lead to Alzheimer’s disease.
Reality: During the 1960s and 1970s, aluminum emerged as a possible suspect in Alzheimer’s. This suspicion led to concern about exposure to aluminum through everyday sources such as pots and pans, beverage cans, antacids and antiperspirants. Since then, studies have failed to confirm any role for aluminum in causing Alzheimer’s. Experts today focus on other areas of research, and few believe that everyday sources of aluminum pose any threat.
Naturally, the "experts" doing the research all work for the Pharmaceutical Industry, and there's no profit in telling everyone to eradicate aluminum exposure to virtually end the Alzheimer's disease 'epidemic' ─ the lucrative cash flow only shows up when folks are buying the numerous expensive and useless treatment medications. 

This was the study's final paragraph ─ it's summary:
Aging is the major risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease though the advent of Alzheimer’s disease within a normal human lifespan is suggested to be brought about through human exposure to aluminum. Essentially without aluminum in brain tissue there would be no Alzheimer’s disease. There are a number of predispositions to the development of Alzheimer’s disease, involving both environmental and genetic factors, and each of these acts to increase the aluminum content of brain tissue at specific periods in an individual’s life. This interplay between environmental and genetic factors explains both early and late onset disease, in each case the catalyst for the disease is always the brain aluminum content and how robustly an individual’s brain responds or copes with this aluminum burden.
What tears me up is that I drink my beer from aluminum cans. I don't drive, so I would far prefer toting home two dozen cans of beer than two dozen bottles.

The closest government liquor store that I frequent is two miles from my home.

Also, bottled beers seem a little more expensive (I'm a limited pensioner, after all); and the two beer brands (both are 8% alcohol) that I buy don't come in bottles ─ not that I've noticed, anyway.

Okay, enough of that!

In many recent months, I have usually finished my blog posts with a corresponding journal entry of mine from 41 years ago. However, back in 1976, yesterday and today were the weekend, and I think that my younger brother Mark and his beautiful girlfriend of the time (Catherine Jeanette Gunther) unexpectedly snatched me up on the Friday evening and took me away camping with them.

I won't know until I read the next journal entry tomorrow ─ I do not read ahead in my journal. I love the surprises!
Post a Comment