.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers


Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Good Articles on Black Pepper's Benefits; and Research into Natural Means of Restoring Damaged Lung and Heart Tissues

My younger brother Mark has gone on up to his bedroom around 10:30 p.m. for two consecutive evenings as of last night ─ he sometimes delays to have an extra drink because he will be applying Can-C eye-drops before calling it a night.

The substance is reputed to be able to reduce the growth ─ and maybe even reverse ─ early cataracts. He was diagnosed last Fall with having one developing in at least one of his eyes.

And so since at least early December, he has had me ordering the product from the Canadian Amazon website ─ Mark is computer illiterate.

He originally began with one small box of two vials, but then he saw the wisdom of ordering a pair of the little boxes because orders sometimes took a while to arrive.

Well, the last time he ordered three boxes ─ that was now over a month ago, and we're still waiting for the shipment. Meantime, his supply has run out.

The USPS tracking number has the package arriving at a depot or mail processing center somewhere in New York back on January 25, and there it has apparently sat ever since.

I suspect that the supplier can likely do no more than can we ─ I think he's in a southern U.S. state. So it's not like any of us can pay a visit to the damned mail processing location ─ and how does one get a phone number for such a place's customer service, if there even is such a thing at a place like that?

Nevertheless, I will make a comment about this delivery fiasco at the pertinent Amazon account once the 25th rolls around if the eye-drops are still languishing at the New York location. 

Anyway, because Mark smartly went on up to his bedroom for the night ─ this is his third-to-last workweek, by the way, for he will be retiring ─ I was able to get to bed well before 11:00 p.m. for a change.  

During one interruption of sleep overnight I used the bathroom; and then again when I found myself so unable to find further sleep that I had the take a look at the time, I found that it was late enough for my younger brother Mark to be up prior to him leaving for work.

So I removed my earplugs and blindfold, and just lay in bed awaiting the sounds of his departure just ahead of 5:00 a.m.

When that did develop, I rose to turn on and then log into my computer. And anon, I was at work adding content to the Lawless Spirit post I am building ─ I stuck with it until I had accumulated the equivalent of an average 1½ mornings' worth of content supply.

Incidentally, both of my stepsons were to rise and take off for work, so I was soon enough left alone here at home.

Once my chore at Lawless Spirit was done with, I had a light breakfast; and then maybe around 10:15 a.m. I was back in bed for a nap.

And darned if I did nor have a near repeat of yesterday, for I believe that I was down for at least 2½ hours. It was not all sleep, but it was all the more remarkable for that being so ─ in other words, I was never restless enough to care to check the time.

However, also very much like yesterday, I did not at all feel hale for the time abed. In fact, I would almost describe how I felt as being physically devastated. 

I don't know what's going on with me. 

If fact, it was just after 3:00 p.m. before I felt enough impetus to face the exercise session out in the backyard tool shed.

I must say that I am getting quite fed up with these useless sunny,  cold days that are only serving to keep the snow of Saturday night hanging around.

We had an entire January here in my part of Surrey without even any frost; and now after mid-February, some infernal Arctic-like air mass moves in and retards Spring's early presence.

Many early flowering plants like the couple of batches of mini-irises we have here in the front yard had already bloomed, and so many other bulbs like tulips had put up so much green foliage that they were not far behind.

I hate this ─ I am sick of the stinking dreary cold. What use sunshine and blue skies when all it does is spell clear, frozen nights?

My wife Jack is over in Thailand on an extended holiday to visit her mother ─ how I wish that I had the means to be able to be there doing my own thing! 

She often posts into her Facebook account photos and sometimes even some video of what she has been up to.

There were numerous photos posted today, but I am only going to present some showing her at some unidentified temple in or around the city of Udon Thani:

She was tooling about with two of her friends ─ you can just see one of them in that last photo.

Jack posted a cellphone video featuring the three of them getting ice cream cones, and then  taking a short drive over to some sort of market.

I've downloaded the video and put it up into YouTube, so I will include it here ─ just know that the video is over 11 minutes long, and is entirely in Isaan Thai:

I only ever met the fellow with the pony tail ─ the heftier of the two chaps. He goes by the nickname Jak, and my Jack and he have probably known one another since she was still in school.

Yesterday in my post here I had intended to include a collage that Google had made to commemorate that day ─ the collage comprised photos that Jack had taken during a previous visit back to Thailand in 2013.

However, although I neglected to post the collage here, it most likely applied to today ─ Jack's camera's date setting was still set for our local time (Pacific Time Zone).

Since Thailand is more than a half-day ahead of us here ─ 15 hours at present, I think ─ the photos were probably taken on February 20 (2013) by Thailand's clock, and not February 19 as was being registered by Jack's camera.

Anyway, here is the collage:

On that occasion, Jack and some family and friends took a cruise on Talay Bua Daeng, which is better known by Western tourists as the Red Lotus Lake, or even the Sea of Red Lotuses. 

I'll see if I can now post the original five photos, beginning with the left column ─ that of course will be Jack in the first two shots:

The smiling woman wearing the sunglasses is Jack's sister Lumpoon:

Now to the second column, I can only recognize the fellow gazing off to the right ─ he is Lumpoon's husband:

And finally, Jack embracing Lumpoon and a lovely gal I have never met:

But back to the present.

Following my unpleasant session of exercise out in the cold tool shed, I had a nice feed of ground beef that I had slow-cooked.

Because of an almost inspiring article I had read earlier about black pepper, I was very liberal with the stuff ─ and also turmeric.

I added both after the dish had finished cooking, but was yet still in the hot frying pan. I didn't have any fresh pepper, so I only used a liberal amount of the pre-ground stuff.

I also added three cloves of raw garlic that I sliced up, and some raw ginger root similarly treated.

But here is the black pepper article that had inspired me:


That same source also had a good article on lung cancer prevention, and how even former smokers can revitalize their lungs to considerable degree:

I think I will also toss in three reports about a study that found an easy and safe way to help revitalize damaged heart tissue:




I found it somewhat of interest that Dr Marc Micozzi in the lung health article recommended 10,000 I.U.s of vitamin D3 daily; whereas Dr. Allen Spreen in the first of the three reports just above is quoted as recommending just 5,000 I.U.s per day.   

I would be okay with 5,000 I.U.s if my diet was already very rich in the vitamin; and if I was soaking up lots of Summer sunshine, I would reduce my supplemental intake even further.

But folks who are not consuming much vitamin D3 in their diets ─ nor getting Summer sunshine ─ should probably be taking the 10,000 I.U.s until conditions changed for them.

I have been taking 6,000 I.U.s daily since the Fall.

Well, my younger brother Mark's Can-C never arrived today, but we did get something else in the mail that I never expected ─ Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has sent  paper copies of everything needed for my wife, both of my stepsons, and me to be able to file tax returns for the 2017 tax year.

It has been several years since CRA stopped doing that, and forced everyone to seek their own paper copies ─ I think that it was a ploy to force people to go digital.

But many of us just refused to.

I fill out the tax returns for my wife and her stepsons, since none of them having anything complex to report ─ and the same for my own return.

My brother Mark is self-employed as the owner / operator of a fairly large cargo truck that he uses each workday to make deliveries and pickups on behalf of some warehouse, so Mark has to use the services of an accountant.

Okay, I am going to close today's post now with this old journal entry from 41 years ago when I was 27 years old, and living in a basement housekeeping unit in New Westminster.

I was renting in a private home located on Ninth Street [Google map], and just two houses up from Third Avenue.

I had spent the night at the duplex unit of my brother Mark ─ he was renting a reasonably short distance along Semiahmoo Road [Google map] from where it joins up with Old Yale Road off in Surrey.

I had written that I had gone to bed there at 11:00 p.m. ─ Mark had gone over to the home of our cousins, the Halversons, and had clearly been caught up in the partying that was quite regular on weekends.
SUNDAY, February 20, 1977

I arose about 3:10 a.m. and began a search of the "Help Wanted" ads in the 3 newspapers I'd bought the night prior.

Mark came home, after partying with our cousins, near 3:30 a.m.

I was on my way back home before 4:00 a.m., I guess. 

I sure felt gloomy over the ill prospect confronting me where concerns my livelihood. I don't know what to do.

God definitely does not favour me, else I'd have won a lottery and be well on my way to perfecting myself.

Incidentally, Mark last evening said my Haul-away cheque was at Al Varga's.

Bed again by 5:35 a.m.


I arose again at 9:20 a.m.

I'm going now (11:20 a.m.) to Mark's after buying a heart at International Meats; it's begun to rain lightly.
And apparently that was it for that day ─ I must have spent another night at Mark's duplex.

I usually walked back and forth, so that early a.m. hike in the dark back to New Westminster would have found my mind in overdrive as I fretted about my failing lack of means.

Since my teens, I had struggld with depression, and it is a dangerous occasional companion even to this day.

The cheque Al Varga had ─ he and his wife Marie were renting an apartment in New Westminster ─ related to a day I had put in working on a garbage truck in Surrey. Haul-away or Haulaway or whatever it was then called had the contract for Surrey and some other areas.

I now cannot recall the exact location of International Meats, but I seem to recall that it was in Surrey and well along Scott Road as one headed toward the steep hill that took folks out of the Fraser River flats.

In fact, if I had to guess, I might estimate that it was very near to the intersection with Old Yale Road [Google map]. Once my shopping for the beef heart was done, then I would just take to Old Yale Road and work my way back towards Mark's duplex.

For several months by then, I was likely spending as much ─ or even more ─ time at Mark's duplex unit than I was back at my own room. 

I had become quite unhappy with New Westminster. I had suffered a breakup with a girlfriend there after just three or so months. And the only place I had been employed with (on a part-time basis) seemed unable or unwilling to have me back.

Everyone who worked there knew my ex-girlfriend ─ her mother even worked there.

And everyone I knew in New Westminster also knew her.

Thus, New Westminster was coming to be a place I was no longer comfortable about being in after having lived there since at least as far back as 1969. 

A change of location and circumstances was ahead, but things were going to be far bleaker for me for many years.
Post a Comment