.dropcap {float:left; color:#4791d2; font-size:75px; line-height:60px; padding-top:4px; padding-right:8px; padding-left:3px; font-family:Georgia}

Google+ Followers


Monday, April 23, 2018

The Importance of Cholesterol and Omega-3 Fatty Acids │ The Wicked Conspiracy Involving Antidepressants and Their Addiction.


I allowed myself to become heavily involved in T.V.-viewing via our Android TV Box with my inebriated younger brother Mark last evening, and sat up watching episodes from each of five different hour-long series that we follow, plus one further of a half-hour comedy.

It required two cans of strong (8% alcohol) beer ─ it is a little difficult nursing just one can of beer for that long.

If I am remembering correctly, it was 12:48 a.m. by the time I was in bed.

I wish that I was in control of my life, and didn't have to live it according to the impacting influences of other household members.

It was not a particularly good night's sleep, and I first checked the time at 4:44 a.m. ─ much too soon to be getting up.

I sought further sleep, but one of my nasal passageways was entirely blocked, and that affected my results. What sleep I got was not deeply restful.

When I next checked the time, it was 5:45 a.m., so that was when I commenced my morning.

Both of my stepsons had to work today, so first eldest stepson Tho rose, readied, and left for work; and then his younger brother Poté did the same, and he headed away at 7:32 a.m. 

I was at work editing the old post I am involved with at My Retirement Dream, one of my six hosted websites.

I could have done a little more than I did with the edit, for it is far from finished. But when Mark had finished using his ensuite shower and was at any moment about to emerge from his bedroom around 8:45 a.m., I chose to seek a nap.

I was successful, and was probably in bed for 1½ hours, emerging from my bedroom to find Mark already shut up in his own again.

I am just about convinced that he is timing himself so as to be available when I am for the operation of the Android TV Box, for he has become unfamiliar with its operation.

I was only out of my bedroom for a few minutes when I heard him hawking after probably quickly brushing his teeth, and then he came downstairs.

I had just logged into my website to continue work with the edit when I had heard that hawking sound, and knew that it was futile to do aught but log right back out.

So I joined him without need of his behest and used the Android TV Box to tune in the first episode of the new season of the revived American Idol series.

I had never before watched an episode, and was initially put off by the fact that the people auditioning are doing so without benefit of a stage and all of the musical back-up accessories.

However, the rather intimate setting between just the auditioner and the three judges did somewhat win me over.

When the episode ended, I was quite surprised to see that Mark appeared to be getting himself dressed to go out, for the episode ended at roughly noon.

And by 12:15 Mark was on his way. A query revealed that he intended to get in some walking at one of the parks before his girlfriend Bev phoned him to come and join her for whatever purpose.

The day was flawlessly cloudless.

With Mark gone so early, I was able to get my exercises out in the backyard tool shed done a little earlier than usual, even if my performance was utterly average.

Soon, though, even exercising during the noon-hour will not be feasible because of the Summertime heat that will be coming, nd it is rare that I feel up to exercising in the morning.

And that's because I am forced to sit up so damned late ─ that absence of effective control over my own life here in the house.

My wife Jack should be working the day at her friend Fanta's Thai restaurant off in Langley, so Jack will be coming home late this evening to spend the night ─ the first of at least two consecutive such nights.

Thus, there is no chance at all of having an early evening should Mark pass out and make it possible. I cannot in clear conscience betake myself to bed early and leave Jack nothing but Mark's company to come home to when he is that besotted.

Anyway, I had hoped to get out for some local grocery shopping this morning, but I just did not have it in me ─ can I be so out of shape for drinking that a second can of strong beer places me into a bit of a hangover? It does seem to be so.

With such a sunny day, I ensured that I partook of it. Almost immediately after my tool shed exercising, I spent just over 40 minutes seated in a lawn- or deckchair, facing toward the Sun, and attired in just a pair of gym-style shorts.

However, I have since had a burdensome first meal of the day, and now at 4:10 p.m. I find myself feeling no option but to lie down to allow some settling of this nutritious repast.


And now it is 5:52 p.m. ─ I lost so much time. I even dreamed, essentially ending a nap with a delightful pornographic interlude that should have had an effect upon my sleeping physiology, but all I derived from it was the mental enjoyment.

By the way, not 10 minutes after I had lain down, my eldest stepson Tho was calling to me outside my bedroom door. Initially I thought that maybe he had been speaking on his cellphone with his mother, and she had something to say to me.

Instead, it turned out that he had brought me home some fare from I expect is Phở Tâm Vietnamese Restaurant [Google map] in Whalley.

I had to plead that I was surfeited, for I had finished eating well less than an hour before. Nevertheless, he left me a beef and noodle dish that I will have to heat up later this evening, for he said that the thinly-sliced beef is only partly cooked.

With very little time now to work upon this blog post, I am only going to superficially touch upon two health-related topics I wanted to highlight.

The first expounds upon the importance of cholesterol to our health ─ and the fact that "cholesterol in the food you eat DOESN'T affect the cholesterol levels in your blood. Not one iota."

It also defends supplementation with quality fish oil, and the authour in fact doubles the recommendation he used to previously give:


I am financially unable to be that extravagant ─ even 3,000-mgs daily of omega-3 fatty acids is more than I can afford (and the doctor had recommended from 3,000-mgs to 4,000-mgs).

The capsules of the product (100% wild source Alaskan salmon oil) that I am presently taking only contain 200-mgs of omega-3 fatty acids, and I take two of them daily.

This fish oil is quite expensive, and the container originally contained 220 gel capsules. If I took 15 of them daily, they would not last quite 15 full days.   

I cannot afford to be blowing $20 or more that often on just fish oil supplements.

The second topic I wish to touch on involves a very strong warning about antidepressant medications ─ NOBODY should be foolish enough to start any such prescription for whatever reason a doctor may prescribe them:




I absolutely must bring this post to a close, for it is nearing 7:00 p.m. and my younger brother Mark will be home from the bar at any time now ─ I will have the duty of Android TV Box operation.

So here to close with is an old journal entry of mine from 41 years ago when I was 27 years old, and living in a basement houskeeping unit in New Westminster.

I was renting in a private home located on Ninth Street [Google map], and two houses up from Third Avenue.

Most fortunately, I see that the journal entry is a very short one.

For the past five or more months, I had been frequently visiting the duplex unit that Mark was renting back then. I was likely there as often as I was at my own room, and thus I even had my own access, for Mark worked various shifts at a (plywood?) mill.

He was living in Surrey on Semiahmoo Road [Google map] ─ not far from where it connected with Old Yale Road. In fact, I now believe that the duplex may have been almost across the road from where 102nd Avenue terminated on Semiahmoo Road.
SATURDAY, April 23, 1977

I didn't allow myself to sleep in.

It seems to be a sunny day.

I typed a letter to Cathy which I'll mail today.

[Catherine Jeanette Gunther was the beautiful ex-girlfriend of my brother Mark ─ they had shared a life together for about three years. I loved her. My mother Irene Dorosh and  her husband Alex both loved her ─ and her two little daughters, who considered my mother and Alex to be their grandparents. I regret ever losing touch with the young lady.]


I set off for Mark's, stopping a distance off to the side  of the tracks to try for a sunburn in my shorts. However, I only had the patience to last about an hour, then I suffered the remainder of my walk.

[After crossing the Pattullo Bridge, I would turn right onto Scott Road and follow it a fairly short distance to the railway tracks that cross it shortly before Larson Road as seen on this Google map. Those track would cross Old Yale Road, and that was where I would take to Old Yale Road and follow it to Semiahmoo Road. Thus, I would try to sometimes do some sunning in a field to the left of the railway tracks in that stretch between Scott Road and Old Yale Road. I bet that area is considerably developed today ─ it was not back then. Note that I was not walking in shorts ─ I was too backward. I would have brought them with me.]

Bill phoned later that day (the phone did quite a bit of ringing till then), right when I was nestled into bed for a nap.

[My old friend William Alan Gill knew how often I was at Mark's suite, and would frequently phone me there ─ had no phone service at my room. Bill knew enough to let the phone ring just once, and then immediately call back. Without that signal, I would not likely answer Mark's phone.]

I retired at 11:00 p.m., setting the alarm to get me up about 4:30 a.m. to go jogging; tomorrow begins "daylight savings time."
That's interesting about the time change here in the Pacific Time Zone where I live. We've already changed our clocks more than a month ago ─ according to here, the "second Sunday [of] March at 2:00 a.m. (for most of Canada)."

I am unsure when we started changing our time so much earlier.
Post a Comment